Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Mine works perfectly and I'm enjoying it quite a lot.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

still can't save the game
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Brasso wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Game's already broken. I hop in the passenger seat, drive to the attack point with Dennis...then it won't let me get out of the car. Reloaded, sat through the stupid drive again. Same problem. Restarted game, same problem.

Fuck it, I'll play later.
you have to open your map i think
Here's what's going on, and I've seen it in more than one game (Chivalry, I'm looking at you).

There are two sets of controls for Far Cry 3. One set you get to change to whatever you want. And then there's the secret shadow set that stays the same.

So no matter what you change the controls to in the menu, you still have to remember these:

WSAD - flight
E - use (parachute); use (leave passenger seat of vehicle).

Currently, I've progressed through I'm guessing half the game, story-wise. If not, at least I've helped the Rakyat take over the entire north island, which is about half the game's landmass. The game is enjoyable enough that I marathoned my way through that portion.

Issues:
* I wish there were more healing animations. I can't count how many times I've watched that thumb get cracked back into place.
* Special takedowns are hard to control. Specifically, knife toss and gunslinger. The methods to execute each seem to be pretty much identical. I've never been able to use the pistol one (it always defaults to knife toss), but at least it suits my stealth style. Still, it would be useful for clearing areas I know have no reinforcements.
* There's a perk for dragging bodies after a knife takedown, but the game won't let you drag bodies if they're already on the ground. Seriously, if you're going to give the game a stealth element, don't be half-assed about it.
* I understand the exploratory motive, but who gives a shit what kind of animal leather you use for a holster? Each container's upgrade is pretty much the same color as the last. Why not give you a hunting motive that makes more sense, like a trophy room?
* You still have to log onto Ubisoft to play single player, and have to register the key given to you by steam through Ubisoft. Thankfully, their interface is much impoved, so it doesn't bug me as much as it used to. And at least it's not as ugly as GFWL.

Brasso wrote:

You can't save in the middle of active missions.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Brasso wrote:

You can't save in the middle of active missions.
no, i mean that i've played through the whole opening sequence up to meeting Dennis (and 2 hours past that, at one point) at least 8 times. so that's like 5 hours of my life that i've wasted right there
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'm going to guess permissions issue. Try running as admin.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Weird idea, but maybe something is set to read-only.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
Game sucks.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I disrespectfully disagree.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

yeah i experimented with those suggestions, but then again i am playing the torrented version of the game...i'm just too damn poor to buy it right now. as soon as i get more money i'm just buying it. from the 3 hours i played it seems awesome.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
This any good on xbox? Feel like it's not worth it on such a crappy old console system with such limited power and graphics.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

-Sh1fty- wrote:

This any good on xbox? Feel like it's not worth it on such a crappy old console system with such limited power and graphics.
the games designed to be played on xbox
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
It's an FPS, just get it for PC
Brasso
+1,549|6600

fps games should be played on xbox
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

nope.gif
Chou
+737|6761
Why is this game so casual and dumbed down once again?
FFS liberating all outposts just exterminates every damn pirate off the island.

HEY LOOK A BIRD!
RATATATATA

The End.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

How does that make it casual and dumbed down?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'm sure I saw pirate spawns after 100% liberation. Not much else to do though. Bonus mission sucks and ONE collectible (spider #1) is inaccessible after a certain point in the game, leaving me with 99% completion. \_/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Also, the ending:

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Sucks.

1) Join Citra, you murder your friends (wat) and die (wat). Save your friends, Citra dies (wat). Seriously, didn't Jason Vorhees Brody spend the last few days running around the island curing all wounds with relocating joints, duct tape and steady injections of green plant. Couldn't he have done the same for her, or is he just sadistic that way?

2) I could have killed any of the bosses at any time simply by sniping them if the game made them visible. Granted, that would make the story boring and less epic, but I'd still have all ten fingers.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Chou wrote:

HEY LOOK A BIRD!
RATATATATA

The End.
It is rather disappointing how easy it is to completely remove enemies from the island. Take out 5-6 guys at a camp and suddenly a good mile or two around is is completely empty.

I want more camps to attack, and much bigger ones.
Mutantbear

I think i can make a case for Far cry 2 being better than this game

and thats pretty sad
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Chou
+737|6761

M.O.A.B wrote:

How does that make it casual and dumbed down?
They did it because Ubishaft only seems to have listened to the retarded whining community in Far Cry 2 where every outpost would reset if you were at a preset distance from liberated outpost, so travelling from A to B and back to A and of course B again, you'd be facing re-occupied outposts ALL day long if you had to.

Now.. in FC2 that was somehow a hassle with the malaria going on and the jammed gun system but in this game it doesn't make any fucking sense AT ALL!

No malaria, No jamming..
You work your ass off from island to island to get your upgraded dick erected, a bag full of jizztastic weaponry and what do they give you when you liberate outposts?

A beautiful island filled with fucking animals for you to hunt down so you can craft cum shots in a syringe and inject yourself with UbiAids for eternity.

JOY!!!!

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Chou wrote:

HEY LOOK A BIRD!
RATATATATA

The End.
It is rather disappointing how easy it is to completely remove enemies from the island. Take out 5-6 guys at a camp and suddenly a good mile or two around is is completely empty.

I want more camps to attack, and much bigger ones.
The AI in this game is amazingly good and that's why it hurts, they actually chase you down the entire island for as long as they sense your presence without repetitive patterns even.
The only thing they should have done is either an option for NG+ and/or a continue with or without endless re spawning AI in and around outposts but NO they had to cater the casuals who whined their fucking asses off over the system in FC2, the shit gamers who barely know how to play a challenge in the first place and doubtful even played FC2 longer than 10 hours.

Fuck.

Last edited by Chou (2012-12-11 11:54:18)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I was kind of hoping to be able to replay whatever primary mission I wanted. Some were pretty fun, but I don't want to do it a second time just to get to a particular spot. Aside from waiting for Ubisoft to address the inaccessible "spider #1" collectible issue, there is nothing more I can do in this game but multiplayer. It's essentially become Cabella's Dangerous Hunts.

Also, in an effort to make the island look bigger, I'm sure they designed as many fetch quests to make you go all the way around mountains as possible.
Mutantbear

the game is too easy

the hardest thing about the game is trying to kill panthers with the bow and arrow without abusing the terrain
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
This game needs a dinosaur mod so bad.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6481|Gold Coast
finished

was much better than fc2.

The mission with the flamethrower was fucking dope (huehuehue).
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard