Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
I want to play the other maps but don't want to pay for premium. wat do?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

Jaekus wrote:

Pay for all DLCs separately in an inanely money-burning act.
OR
Pay for BF3 Premium Edition, in semantically ambiguous act.
OR
Steal it in a potentially future-crushing illegal act.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

Jaekus wrote:

Buy close quarters, it's good and cheaper than premium.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Pay for premium.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
premium is better than damavand peak
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
I've got Damavand sussed to a tee
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
But really, I don't want to fork out $50 for premium. Surely it will come down in price sometime.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Meh. Only option. You don't know what maps you are going to like so you don't know what expansion to buy. So you end up playing Russian roulette and maybe picking a good one first buy, maybe last. There are still two more expansions to come as well.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6473|Foothills of S. Carolina

Jaekus wrote:

But really, I don't want to fork out $50 for premium. Surely it will come down in price sometime.
Its on sale through Amazon and Origin right now for 30.00
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
I just checked, still $50 on Origin but it is $30 on Amazon, but that's the full game. I've already got the game installed so I'm not sure how that would work.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6473|Foothills of S. Carolina

Jaekus wrote:

I just checked, still $50 on Origin but it is $30 on Amazon, but that's the full game. I've already got the game installed so I'm not sure how that would work.
It will just install the premium stuff. I bought limited when it first came out, then bought premium on ebay for about 35.00 a month ago, and it works fine. I gave a buddy of mine the main game and karkand. He, in turn, just picked up the premium package for 30 dollars the other night.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
argh why is it so hard to kill shit
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

They really need to fix the lock-on inconsistencies. Getting real tired of being locked by Stingers/IGLAs a second after countermeasure deployment, rendering it completely pointless (below radar is equally pointless now), and the rapid fire of missiles, so even if you dodge or fool one, they just hit you with an immediate follow up. On the flipside, any enemy aircraft pops flares/ECM and I'll get no lock on for a good five seconds, and even if they clear the clouds the missile still goes for them. Same with the IR smoke for vehicles. By the time the smoke dissipates they've reloaded and they're practically impossible to kill with Javelins. Got locked myself the other day and fired smoke. Still got hit and locked whilst sitting in the screen.

/Rage
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
Hmm yeah. I was just on Wake and found it surprisingly easy to shoot at jets and choppers... though my only gripe is the fact that some choppers can stay back out of the range of the AA and can manage to score some relatively easy kills... though I suppose if they're staying still long enough the jets will take care of them.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
GeoEnvi
+22|6685|Philadelphia, PA

M.O.A.B wrote:

They really need to fix the lock-on inconsistencies. Getting real tired of being locked by Stingers/IGLAs a second after countermeasure deployment, rendering it completely pointless (below radar is equally pointless now), and the rapid fire of missiles, so even if you dodge or fool one, they just hit you with an immediate follow up. On the flipside, any enemy aircraft pops flares/ECM and I'll get no lock on for a good five seconds, and even if they clear the clouds the missile still goes for them. Same with the IR smoke for vehicles. By the time the smoke dissipates they've reloaded and they're practically impossible to kill with Javelins. Got locked myself the other day and fired smoke. Still got hit and locked whilst sitting in the screen.

/Rage
The only lock-on inconsistencies I'd like to fix is the laser guided/javeline target aquisition "bounce" between adjacent vehicles; especially when one of the vehicles happens to be unoccupied.  Makes using the LGM and (to a lesser degree) heat-seekers a real bitch to use at range.

Below radar is not pointless for A-to-A, only for SAMs; and it's been that way since the Armored Kill patch.  Below Radar is VERY important for a heli or jet to avoid A2A lock on.

Countermeasures will not be effective if you fly past the deployed flares and/or ECM.  Once you clear the 'cloud' they'll lock on.  By that point, you should be on the deck and retreating behind cover hoping to break the lock or intercept the incoming Javeline/Stinger.  With any countermeasures, immediate deployment is the key; especially with ECM.  The goal is to minimize the regeneration time so that it's available (even if it's a split second) before the next incoming missle.

Last edited by GeoEnvi (2012-11-27 08:43:48)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

GeoEnvi wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

/Rage
The only lock-on inconsistencies I'd like to fix is the laser guided/javeline target aquisition "bounce" between adjacent vehicles; especially when one of the vehicles happens to be unoccupied.  Makes using the LGM and (to a lesser degree) heat-seekers a real bitch to use at range.

Below radar is not pointless for A-to-A, only for SAMs; and it's been that way since the Armored Kill patch.  Below Radar is VERY important for a heli or jet to avoid A2A lock on.

Countermeasures will not be effective if you fly past the deployed flares and/or ECM.  Once you clear the 'cloud' they'll lock on.  By that point, you should be on the deck and retreating behind cover hoping to break the lock or intercept the incoming Javeline/Stinger.  With any countermeasures, immediate deployment is the key; especially with ECM.  The goal is to minimize the regeneration time so that it's available (even if it's a split second) before the next incoming missle.
Believe me mate, I do everything you're saying and it still comes up with irritating results. I once watched a helo flare into the ground, no flares in sight, and still avoid the Stinger. Objects that would instantly break my lock, like trees, never affect enemy lock-ons, and yesterday I even put a mountain between me and an incoming missile a good three seconds before that missile would have cleared it, but instead of hitting the mountain, it somehow whipped around and hit me. There's an issue with close helo engagements using AA as well. I locked and fired on a Littlebird at a distance of about 30m, he flares while the missile is about half the distance from him and survives. I popped flares the second an enemy helo fired, at about 100m, and still got hit. Lock-on seems almost instantaneous at times, and on other occasions I can point a MANPADS at any enemy aircraft and get no lock despite a clear line of sight. I've been hit by missiles when the locking tone was still beeping, instead of the incoming noise.

They need to incorporate below radar for the handhelds again, or ramp up the reload and acquiring time because it makes it almost impossible to live for very long if the enemy team is humping loads of them around, which seems to be increasingly frequent.

I'd like to see something to indicate the direction of the incoming missile, or the distance between you and it, akin to HAWX. At least then you might have a better chance of survival when every Tom, Dick and Harry has a SAM and covers half the map with it.
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland
Below the radar?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

bennisboy wrote:

Below the radar?
Its an unlock for jets/helos that stops missiles locking when you drop below a certain height, which seems to be about five feet at times. It used to work for every type of anti-air missile, but since AK the Stingers/IGLAs aren't affected by it, so trying to escape at ground level is quite ineffectual.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
http://www.shacknews.com/article/76752/ … ry-says-ea

"We are not a Battlefield factory"
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

good thing too, after this is spent its planetside 2
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Ooh, Mirror's Edge 2. I enjoyed the first one. So long as they expand it and improve the weapons play
GeoEnvi
Aftermath out for PS3.  Best BF maps in years.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
I feel that the only way people who arent level 40+ to excel in the game is to join a server with no vehicles... those vehicle perks can be quite imbalanced if its a low-rank jet vs high rank AA/heli/jet. I was playing on Kharg I think it was, and it was pretty much impossible for me to survive 20+ seconds in a jet, and would inevitably end up aiming the jet at a tank on the ground just to make it not a waste.
GeoEnvi
You can always BUY the unlock packs....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard