I kinda agree with you on that..
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke

Phatmatt wrote:

coke wrote:

New graphics are hideous...
I kinda agree with you on that..
I disabled post processing which gets rid of the ridicolous bloom, but everything still blurry, looked better before imo.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6187|Canada

GR34
+215|6542|ALBERTA> CANADA
They should add challenger II just for kicks as a premium
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin

GR34 wrote:

They should add challenger II just for kicks as a premium
They'd have to add the Leopard 2, Abrams, T90, and Laclerc
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6187|Canada

FINALLY got the 122mm on the KV-1S.  It totally changed the whole tank and the way I play it.  Pretty much have to to play TD style because of the slow reload but damn that gun is fun.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke

Phatmatt wrote:

FINALLY got the 122mm on the KV-1S.  It totally changed the whole tank and the way I play it.  Pretty much have to to play TD style because of the slow reload but damn that gun is fun.
That gun on that tank at the tier it is, with decent matching makes it a beast, not played it myself but I've learned to steer clear of them.

Last edited by coke (2012-10-28 16:50:47)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke
British tanks tomorrow!
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4193|Oklahoma
Have they made this game any better than it was a year ago?

I quit playing because I got sick of invisible tanks one shotting me from behind a 2 foot tall shrubbery that somehow made a 70 ton tank invisible.  That and the horrible matchmaking were my IS was consistently matched against IS-7's and Maus' and consistently got boothole raped.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke

Extra Medium wrote:

Have they made this game any better than it was a year ago?

I quit playing because I got sick of invisible tanks one shotting me from behind a 2 foot tall shrubbery that somehow made a 70 ton tank invisible.  That and the horrible matchmaking were my IS was consistently matched against IS-7's and Maus' and consistently got boothole raped.
You'll still get invisible tanks (it's just the way the spotting system works).
But the matchmaking issue you mention no longer exists, for everything except arty you will only be put up against tanks 2 tiers higher or lower than yours.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6187|Canada

It's a hell lot better than what it was a year ago. They are constantly updating the game
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
Apparently I'm so good with the JagPanther that I can now use the 105, fire off 23K worth of shells, take over 50% damage and then still profit about 7K from 31.5K after, lol

I've been consistently making a profit with it, win or loss.  The extra damage really does come in handy for hitting the bigger tanks that barely flinch when you hit them with an 88 usually and you can see them get scared and run to cover.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

anyone want a code for "1000 in-game gold and 3 Day Premium Account status"? first one to PM gets it

edit: got it cause i bought Xbox Live time on Amazon

Last edited by Brasso (2012-11-07 13:37:05)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Brasso
+1,549|6628

sorry guys, Trotskygrad was first to message, no hard feelings
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
I think I'm starting to figure out the Tiger II:

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:32:27 PM
Vehicle: PzKpfw VIB Tiger II
Experience received: 2,784 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 38,455
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/937008435237784577/6337A757B417B45A2E754302653390FAB5D33F86/

That was one of the most hectic games I've ever been in, as the fastest remaining tank(still had two arties and a T95 left) I had to rush to find their last hiding arty to win the game with only a minute left but I managed to do it.  I never expected to make anywhere near that kind of money with the Tiger II without premium, lol

Also another picture from a different round where I was able to bounce a shot from an IS-3 off my front glacis and two shots from an SU-152 off my lower glacis and the side of my turret:
https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/937008435232960201/A4C0ECEDEF5A4E4C406F1AAC209EF1C316BBA8D8/
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke
Get some vents and an EGLD on there NOW!!! (well when you have enough credits lol)

Last edited by coke (2012-11-15 09:19:27)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
Just bought a vert stab for my Panther II.  Somewhat impressed but not all the way, and karma just took a shit all over my dad and I haven't really been able to make money with anything.

I keep getting screwed by getting tracked or by teams that don't realize one side is practically naked and get fucked up the ass because of it
Cisse
+63|4366
i don't suppose anyone has an invite code for world of warplanes beta? ta
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
There's no codes for it, you have to register on that site and then they'll tell you when you get in
Cisse
+63|4366
yep but there are invite codes also, to get instant access.  ive just been on it
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD

coke wrote:

Get some vents and an EGLD on there NOW!!! (well when you have enough credits lol)
Did some research and apparently the headstart that the smaller reticule on the vert stab gives beats the GLD and its faster zoom speed in the amount of time to completely aim at the target after stopping from movement in addition to having a smaller reticule in general while moving.  They say it's basically superior to GLD on any tank that can mount both but you're torn between one or the other.  If you happen to be able to afford the slots and the credits to mount both though, it's really awesome how much better aiming is.

All of this is what sold me on finally buying it for my Panther II.  I'm sure once I get my morale back up from having low credits from buying it, it'll be a much more efficient tank

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-11-15 15:55:23)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke

_j5689_ wrote:

coke wrote:

Did some research and apparently the headstart that the smaller reticule on the vert stab gives beats the GLD and its faster zoom speed in the amount of time to completely aim at the target after stopping from movement in addition to having a smaller reticule in general while moving.  They say it's basically superior to GLD on any tank that can mount both but you're torn between one or the other.  If you happen to be able to afford the slots and the credits to mount both though, it's really awesome how much better aiming is.

All of this is what sold me on finally buying it for my Panther II.  I'm sure once I get my morale back up from having low credits from buying it, it'll be a much more efficient tank
You're right the stabiliser is better, I forgot that the Tiger 2 could mount it.
For me it's never a decision on whether you should buy equipment like that for the higher tier tanks, you simply have to have them fully equipped to get anywhere near the best out of them.
And if you then sell the tank or whatever it only cots 10 gold to demount them so.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
Couldn't resist spending 175 gold on the all-white snow camo for the JagdPanther to make it more historically accurate looking and give me just a little bit more camo in the snow.  Very happy that I did, it's very morale-inspiring and unique and on snow maps it just looks like it makes sense instead of being an obvious grey color

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-11-19 19:05:19)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4193|Oklahoma
What tanks are you guys driving?  I have several (cause I like to keep my old ones):

JagdPzr1 - Elite
StugIII - Elite
SturmPzrIII - Elite
Luchs - Elite
Leopard
Grille
T-34
JagdPzrIV
IS-3

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard