Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
USArmyEthan
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|3282|Weatherford, TX
BF2 was an incredibly better game, best of the franchise IMO.

What I don't get is this, with all the problems we have relating to BF3 right now, why are we talking about BF4's release already?

I mean on one side, you could say no one will want BF4 since BF3 is this terrible. With all the wall glitching on metro and the fact that there's only one true I/O map on hardcore and the nerfing of the jets and so many other vehicles. You would almost not want to pick up the next one because it seems like when DICE comes around to an update all they do is nerf guns... The only GOOD nerf they did was tone down the USAS with frags, nothing else needs to be nerfed or changed. Certain guns are good at certain things for certain reasons. TV missiles on xbox are near impossible to use too, which frustrates me personally because I loved them in BF2.

Now on the flipside to that rant, would it be better to just trash BF3 as a whole and start over in BF4?? Just take what they learned from the community and how bad BF3 was and scrap it and make a new game?

What do you guys think... because I think both options are crap but if I had to pick one I would speed up dev. on BF4 and get it right this time. Seems like right now they are trying way too hard to appeal to the call of duty players by adding all of these childish things like getting an unlock every 5 minutes so that you feel like the game is giving you a pat on the back while you sit in the back of metro sniping, not playing the objective, and holding a solid 0.25 K/D... But now im ranting... lol
It's sexy to watch girls eat bananas because you know the potassium will prevent cramps while they make your sandwich.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5496|so randum
what the fuck is this insane stop-start lag
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|5705|England. Stoke
Yeah I've heard it's lagging tonight.
Although since the last patch every few minutes my game will freeze for like a second or two...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5496|so randum
nah its really bad tonight. the last patch did some horrid things to performance, but this is like a 2-3 second period of stuttering (not rubberband) ever half minute. pretty unplayable atm
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5496|so randum
oh its punkbuster being fucking shit

SURPRISE EVERYONE
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|4746|شمال
knewit

e. nope, thats not it

Last edited by Beduin (2012-08-03 13:31:16)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Roc18
`
+655|4787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

USArmyEthan wrote:

Seems like right now they are trying way too hard to appeal to the call of duty players by adding all of these childish things like getting an unlock every 5 minutes so that you feel like the game is giving you a pat on the back while you sit in the back of metro sniping, not playing the objective, and holding a solid 0.25 K/D... But now im ranting... lol
I know that feel bro.

I agree with you on everything except the fact that BF3 sucks. BF3 is a good game, people just love trashing it. Seems like DICE/EA is trying to grow the franchise by coming out with Battlefield 4 so quickly. I don't like it, they should've at least started developing Bad Company 3 and gave Battlefield 4 a few more years until release.
Roc18
`
+655|4787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

thepilot91 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Is there any way to know as a helicopter gunner when the pilot released their flares? Other than being on voice chat with them? Cause I never hear the sound of the pilot releasing theirs. So I release mine while they release theirs thinking that the pilot didnt release any since I didn't hear anything and then the pilot gets mad that I didn't flare after them when I did, just at the same time.

Also I tried changing the camera view but the stupid helicopter doesn't allow 3rd person view as a gunner in the helicopter.
in bf2 you could hear when the pilot dropped flares altho you couldnt benefit from it, other than bailing.
Yeah, I don't know why they screwed it up in BF3. I don't even want to fly with my friend without being on voice because of this.
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5519|...

I'm sure you can hear when pilot hits ecm or flares but its still useless in the heat of things without some sort of plan/precedent.
Roc18
`
+655|4787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

jsnipy wrote:

I'm sure you can hear when pilot hits ecm or flares but its still useless in the heat of things without some sort of plan/precedent.
No, no you can't. If I was able to hear it I would know when to release mine.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|4032|Massachusetts, USA
Yes, there is a noise when the pilot drops flares/ECM.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Roc18
`
+655|4787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

UnkleRukus wrote:

Yes, there is a noise when the pilot drops flares/ECM.
No there isn't when you're the gunner in the helicopter. Obviously it does make a noise in general.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|5655|BC, Canada
As a rule, if I'm not talking to the pilot, I assume he doesn't have them or won't be dropping them. Seems to work out more than assuming he knows what hes doing.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|4746|شمال
is it still lagging?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5496|so randum
no \o/
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|4746|شمال
yes!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|4746|شمال
o/
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|4470|Ventura, California
I feel you guys on the flare and ECM audible notification. On Xbox there's 12v12 and we get locked all the time so I cannot imagine the hell it must be with 32v32. I imagine you guys are flaring and using ECM immediately after it reloads.

When my friends and I have some good friendly jet pilots we can usually stick to TV missiles, which are hard to control on 360, and the zoom optics. By doing this we can stay far away enough to avoid getting locked onto and all we worry about are enemy jets.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5496|so randum
why would you ever use zoom optics lol
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|4470|Ventura, California
You can take out infantry far farther away than they can lock onto you. You're a sitting gun turret of death raining hell from above beyond their reach. I've gone 84-5 doing that. You're not at risk from getting designated from SOFLAMs, CIT-Vs, or laser designators; stingers and IGLAs also are useless against you. Have you ever even tried just flying high and out of range?

It's pretty effective. My stats won't lie.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5496|so randum
yeah, or you just spam spot rendering zoom pointless.

and yes

and you are shit
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|4470|Ventura, California

FatherTed wrote:

yeah, or you just spam spot rendering zoom pointless.
Doesn't show the orange chevrons past a certain range for least for infantry when in a heli or jet.

you're shit
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|5705|England. Stoke
I must admit I do find zoom optics rather useful.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,714|5733|Oxferd Ohire
2 player bf3 is best bf3
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|5687|Devon, England

USArmyEthan wrote:

BF2 was an incredibly better game, best of the franchise IMO.

What I don't get is this, with all the problems we have relating to BF3 right now, why are we talking about BF4's release already?

I mean on one side, you could say no one will want BF4 since BF3 is this terrible. With all the wall glitching on metro and the fact that there's only one true I/O map on hardcore and the nerfing of the jets and so many other vehicles. You would almost not want to pick up the next one because it seems like when DICE comes around to an update all they do is nerf guns... The only GOOD nerf they did was tone down the USAS with frags, nothing else needs to be nerfed or changed. Certain guns are good at certain things for certain reasons. TV missiles on xbox are near impossible to use too, which frustrates me personally because I loved them in BF2.

Now on the flipside to that rant, would it be better to just trash BF3 as a whole and start over in BF4?? Just take what they learned from the community and how bad BF3 was and scrap it and make a new game?

What do you guys think... because I think both options are crap but if I had to pick one I would speed up dev. on BF4 and get it right this time. Seems like right now they are trying way too hard to appeal to the call of duty players by adding all of these childish things like getting an unlock every 5 minutes so that you feel like the game is giving you a pat on the back while you sit in the back of metro sniping, not playing the objective, and holding a solid 0.25 K/D... But now im ranting... lol
How are jets nerfed? Your post made me laugh a lot, sorry to say.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard