bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Ilocano wrote:

While we have two PS3's in the house (both collecting dust), we are an XBOX house.  Will most likely get the 720 at launch.
I'll give you $50 for a PS3

On a separate note...the Exchange server that hosts the minister of agriculture, all other VIP employees, as well as the technical support e-mail inbox went down this morning at work today. Phones were friggin busy. And then all 260 of the back-logged e-mails for the technical support mailbox showed up between 5:30 and 6:30pm.

inb4csb
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

Finally finished listing the PS3 parts on Ebay. Pain in the ass figuring out what parts were compatible with what units. Anyone interested, my ebay seller name is wolf-69.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
https://media.schottenland.de/pi/Corsair-Dominator-Platinum-Quad.jpg
sexynesss
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

help me bf2s, what do?

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/thermalpaste.JPG
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

13urnzz wrote:

help me bf2s, what do?

cpu pins
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

that wasn't a choice, i'm so confused now
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
ask the audience
Tu Stultus Es
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I'm about to swap out my 60GB Windows 7 SSD to try Windows 8 RC x64 on my ThinkPad X61 Tablet with the 80 gig hard drive it came with.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
http://www.jsyang.ca/m2kb/

This is gonna be fun.

My model m2 I bought like 2 months ago died a few days after I got it and I couldnt be arsed changing the caps.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

why don't you take it back and ask for a refund?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

why don't you take it back and ask for a refund?
Bought it from eBay/20 year old keyboard/hassle/
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
https://i.imgur.com/Y2nNHh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2eKUah.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Well, interface-wise Windows 8 is definitely a little confusing and I'm especially irked that I can't seem to find a dedicated list of installed programs to execute directly like the Programs section of the old start menu.  Other than that, I kind of like Metro a little bit, it's just gonna take some getting used to and waiting to see more tile integration with programs I regularly use like Steam and Firefox.  Using my tablet pen worked right off the bat but there are some things I can't do in Metro with the pen that for some odd reason I can do with the (nipple-)mouse

One thing I was extremely happy to find out was that my Half-Life 2 performance has now reached playability in Windows 8 where it previously did not in Windows 7.  It could be the new drivers Intel(yep, it's integrated) specifically released for W8(still WDDM 1.1 but dated March 2012 rather than October 2009 like the Windows 7 drivers so perhaps they have worked on performance a little more) or it could be better memory/processor management but there is definitely an improvement to be seen in gaming performance on my little laptop.  That alone has me sold on using Windows 8 if the price is right and the fact that it's a pen tablet means the touchscreen interface won't completely go to waste either.  As to whether or not I'll use it on my desktop, I'll have to run a similar test with a spare hard drive some time and see how I like it as something I'm going to have to see and deal with every day.

13urnzz wrote:

help me bf2s, what do?

Were you taking practice tests for A+ certification or something?  I remember getting asked a question pretty much just like that one.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

it's review, i have my A+.
Computer_Guy
+54|6667
Flashed my reference design 7970s to the GHZ edition bios and wow, overclocking potential has increased.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

7498 torrents seeding in uTorrent. It's been going slow as shit lately. Not much I can do aside from deleting stuff... Rip In Piece.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12427/utor%20stats.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

umm, remove some? theres really no point having that many, especially with utorrent
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Winston_Churchill wrote:

umm, remove some? theres really no point having that many, especially with utorrent
you arent right
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Yeah, just deleted like a thousand.

Ugh, but it's still super slow. Haven't changed any of my connection settings or anything. It's also giving me whacked out readings, like downloading at 50 MB/s even though I'm not actually downloading anything, or uploading at 3 MB/s even though my max is 175 kB/s.

Using ~275 MB of RAM and 25% processing power... I've got 8 GB of memory and nothing else using CPU.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2012-07-18 22:05:11)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

backup profile and reinstall/install newer version/install version before bloat like 2.0.4 (iirc)
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Winston_Churchill wrote:

backup profile and reinstall/install newer version/install version before bloat like 2.0.4 (iirc)
Unfortunately I think that's what I'm gonna have to do. Disappointing because I do like the multiple labels of the newer versions (e.g. being able to tag something as from a certain tracker and also noting to myself that I need to import it to my library, as opposed to a separate tag altogether).

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

havent labels been a thing forever?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

But I mean being able to use multiple labels. Right now I can make a torrent have: "TrackerX, Import", with TrackerX as the default label. uTorrent will download it as usual, and dump it into a subfolder of my download directory called TrackerX, regardless of whether or not there's Import or not. Plus I can have TrackerY, Import; TrackerZ, Import; and be able to just see what's labeled as Import across all trackers in one convenient list.

With the older versions and single label, I'd have to have a separate label specifically for imports "TrackerX.Import". Of course, if I label it before it's done downloading, it gets thrown in the TrackerX.Import subfolder, and remains there unless I manually move it and re-check it in the client (fuck that). So I'd usually wait until after it's downloading and change the label from TrackerX to TrackerX.Import, and then change it back once I imported it. Was also easy to tag uploads as uploads, and then a separate tag for their respective tracker.

All in all, tedious and annoying. The newer clients have spoiled me. But eh, if I have to go back to that to get a functioning client, so be it.

And now I'm deleting thousands more sad times

Last edited by mtb0minime (2012-07-18 22:35:36)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Whew, alright. No need to change clients yet. Deleted enough stuff to get things running smoothly again. It'd probably be a good idea to switch back to an older, non-bloated version anyway.

Just under 5000 torrents now
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
You'd think people who went to the trouble of writing complex fake anti-virus malware would go to the trouble of having their stuff proof read by someone who speaks English.

"Hello Sir this is Microsfot your PC is being infected with virus hard-disk very bad. Please to buy full software credit card link thanking you"
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard