Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS

Poll

BF3 Premium

I'm mashing F5 on EA's site with credit card in hand34%34% - 23
Hell no I won't go39%39% - 26
I am indecisive25%25% - 17
Total: 66
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|3977
Until I hear good things about it or talk to more people that have paid for it and think it is worth it I'm going to hold off.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4819|CA

cdailey2142 wrote:

Until I hear good things about it or talk to more people that have paid for it and think it is worth it I'm going to hold off.
Same here - I want to see how the community will adopt CQ.

And what's the deal with Premium-only servers?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5689|Noizyland

If you have to pay a yearly fee to get a 'premium' service to get content it removes the onus for the developer to make content that doesn't suck. If you've already proven yourself to be a willing consumer Artiodactyla to the extent where you've already parted with your money there is no need for a developer to make a product that you want to buy.

It's a fucking mistake for the gamer community to be so willing to uptake this kind of thing. We've already seen that accepting these kind of moves just make companies like EA and Activision more keen to go further and further in order to get our money with minimal effort. And I do mean minimal effort. I am amazed by peoples' willingness to accept less for more.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|5630
premium is all the DLC's and its a one off ffee
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5689|Noizyland

I read it was $50 a year. I obviously need to check my sources. My point would still be though that by paying up front it removes the onus of producers to make something good given that it's already a sold product. Gamers should be able to assess whether a product is good before deciding whether or not to buy it instead of paying and having to accept what they're given.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|4388|Ventura, California
I bought premium but I don't have anything beside the dog tags. Like I don't have the knife. Is that a challenge I have to accomplish or something to get?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5238|Graz, Austria

FatherTed wrote:

cba playing until i get premium though. saves me using stuff that ill need to use again for the assignments.
Apparently, I can already work towards the new CQ assignments.
And there are none that are bound to CQ maps, so you should be able to unlock those 10 new weapons even before CQ is released on PC.

Ty wrote:

I read it was $50 a year. I obviously need to check my sources. My point would still be though that by paying up front it removes the onus of producers to make something good given that it's already a sold product. Gamers should be able to assess whether a product is good before deciding whether or not to buy it instead of paying and having to accept what they're given.
It's not a yearly fee, it's more like pre-purchasing a whole DLC compilation.
And if you plan to buy at least 3 DLC packs at $15 each, it's cheaper to go premium for $50 and get the bonus stuff too.
People who already own the B2K DLC from the BF3 pre-order are at a slight disadvantage.

Also, I strongly believe that DICE have already finished most, if not all of the DLC packs.
So I guess the player's money wouldn't really decide on how much effort the devs would put into it.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I bought premium but I don't have anything beside the dog tags. Like I don't have the knife. Is that a challenge I have to accomplish or something to get?
The knife should have unlocked and replaced the regular one.
Apparently a permanent replacement.
Spidery_Yoda
Member
+399|5184

globefish23 wrote:

The knife should have unlocked and replaced the regular one.
Apparently a permanent replacement.
Not that again...
https://i.imgur.com/KGefH.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5388|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I like it how the price is $49.99 in the U.S. and 49.90€ in €uroville.

Being that $49.99 is 39.95€ and 49.90€ is $62.44 at the current rate...






Hey EA...

https://fc01.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/280/b/f/middle_finger_smiley_by_felladatimber.gif
Spidery_Yoda
Member
+399|5184
Yeah the regional pricing sucks balls.

Which is why I just used an Indian proxy to buy it for $27/£16.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Hope I don't get banned

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2012-06-06 02:45:30)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5414|so randum
lol seriously? if that's still working for you in a week hook me up lmao
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5414|so randum

globefish23 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

cba playing until i get premium though. saves me using stuff that ill need to use again for the assignments.
Apparently, I can already work towards the new CQ assignments.
And there are none that are bound to CQ maps, so you should be able to unlock those 10 new weapons even before CQ is released on PC.

Ty wrote:

I read it was $50 a year. I obviously need to check my sources. My point would still be though that by paying up front it removes the onus of producers to make something good given that it's already a sold product. Gamers should be able to assess whether a product is good before deciding whether or not to buy it instead of paying and having to accept what they're given.
It's not a yearly fee, it's more like pre-purchasing a whole DLC compilation.
And if you plan to buy at least 3 DLC packs at $15 each, it's cheaper to go premium for $50 and get the bonus stuff too.
People who already own the B2K DLC from the BF3 pre-order are at a slight disadvantage.

Also, I strongly believe that DICE have already finished most, if not all of the DLC packs.
So I guess the player's money wouldn't really decide on how much effort the devs would put into it.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I bought premium but I don't have anything beside the dog tags. Like I don't have the knife. Is that a challenge I have to accomplish or something to get?
The knife should have unlocked and replaced the regular one.
Apparently a permanent replacement.
so you havn't bought premium yet and you can still work towards the CQ assignments?

also what is gun game
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|5567
100 euros for a bad game

meanwhile, in dayZ...
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|5226

Steam waives the taxes for Canadians and yet Origin feels the need to charge us the extra 13%
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5238|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

The knife should have unlocked and replaced the regular one.
Apparently a permanent replacement.
Not that again...
Well, at least it doesn't actually give you a disadvantage, like that bloated pre-order gun in BF2142, which covered 25% more of your screen.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah the regional pricing sucks balls.
Which is why I just used an Indian proxy to buy it for $27/£16.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Hope I don't get banned
Some people on the Battlelog forum reported that it didn't work, and their Premium was removed a day later.
Apparently because you need to have an Indian address, attached to your (Indian) credit card.

FatherTed wrote:

so you havn't bought premium yet and you can still work towards the CQ assignments?
I have bought it yesterday.

FatherTed wrote:

also what is gun game
Gun game is a CounterStrike mod.
You start with the weakest pistol and rank up through ever-stronger weapons, which you get immediately for a kill (or after your next respawn).
After the last weapon in the cycle, you also needed one grenade kill and one knife kill to ultimately win the whole round.
Every kill not made with the current needed weapon doesn't count for ranking up in the cycle.
It's a quite fun game mode, much better than the quite stale shooting in CS.

I have no idea how they will implement that in BF3.
But I can already imagine that it is much better than the silly Squad DM.
Spidery_Yoda
Member
+399|5184
Oh well if it gets removed it gets removed.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5382

bugz wrote:

Steam waives the taxes for Canadians and yet Origin feels the need to charge us the extra 13%
People in Washington (where Valve is located) need to pay sales tax on Steam. I think it has something to do with the way tax code works and somehow Valve is able to get around it in most cases because they only have a single location.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|4423|America
I just read this article today about DICE saying that they'll "never charge for DLC" and that "free DLC is crucial". Now the article was published on 31 Mar 2010, and it is mainly concerning BFBC2, but does this make them a bunch of hypocrites since they're planning on selling 4 packs of DLC for $15 each for BF3?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/24 … ield-maps/
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|5607
Yes it does.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5414|so randum
they charged for dlc with bc2
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|4388|Ventura, California
wondering if I didn't somehow buy premium for PC instead of xbox on the stupid battlelog.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5585|UK
i wonder if anyone bought those booster packs for bf2.....
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5238|Graz, Austria

m3thod wrote:

i wonder if anyone bought those booster packs for bf2.....
I did, and both of them contained some of the BF2's best maps.
IIRC, both EF and AF were $10 each for 3 maps, a few vehicles and weapons.

The new DLCs have 4 weapons each, weapons and vehicles and some game modes, all for $15.
Seems priced appropriately to me.

But of course, EF and AF have their rose-tinted BF2 filters applied...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5585|UK
i think most people did.  But when booster packs DLC are released for BF3 people get into a huff.

plus just getting the aug is worth it. and they've boosted the f2000.  and finally the engineer has a ownage weapon i.e. ACR.  and plus the l8682 is not half bad. and i havent tried the other shit yet.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|5581

globefish23 wrote:

Gun game is a CounterStrike mod.
You start with the weakest pistol and rank up through ever-stronger weapons, which you get immediately for a kill (or after your next respawn).
After the last weapon in the cycle, you also needed one grenade kill and one knife kill to ultimately win the whole round.
Every kill not made with the current needed weapon doesn't count for ranking up in the cycle.
It's a quite fun game mode, much better than the quite stale shooting in CS.

I have no idea how they will implement that in BF3.
But I can already imagine that it is much better than the silly Squad DM.
Sounds like BO's and MW3's Gun game.  BO had fixed set of guns.  MW3 has an option for random selection.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard