Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+556|5060|Purplicious Wisconsin

ROGUEDD wrote:

Planetside 2 looks
I'm getting more disappointed with that game the more I hear about it. The game is copying out of battlefield and call of duty too much for my tastes, it is missing alot of the good stuff planetside 1 had.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
mikkel
Member
+383|4948

War Man wrote:

ROGUEDD wrote:

Planetside 2 looks
I'm getting more disappointed with that game the more I hear about it. The game is copying out of battlefield and call of duty too much for my tastes, it is missing alot of the good stuff planetside 1 had.
Wait, what? How is it copying either of those games?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,430|4311|London, England

First person to post the watch dogs gameplay trailer on this site gets reported
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5084|Oxferd
?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,430|4311|London, England

that game is going to fucking suck so hard
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
mikkel
Member
+383|4948
Hahaha.

"Ubisoft presents," stop video.

I didn't even need to see the first actual image.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|3820|Ventura, California

mikkel wrote:

Hahaha.

"Ubisoft presents," stop video.

I didn't even need to see the first actual image.
haha that's how I felt!

Ubisoft presents...ok I'll give it two minutes. That majorly sucked.

Can't say I didn't enjoy Hell's Highway though.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+556|5060|Purplicious Wisconsin

mikkel wrote:

War Man wrote:

ROGUEDD wrote:

Planetside 2 looks
I'm getting more disappointed with that game the more I hear about it. The game is copying out of battlefield and call of duty too much for my tastes, it is missing alot of the good stuff planetside 1 had.
Wait, what? How is it copying either of those games?
Lets see.

Planetside 1 had no classes, essentially it was 1 class that could have so many different armor and equipment combinations. You could essentially choose to be both a medic and repair guy but can't have much ammo or good weaponry to tackle infantry and/or vehicles well. Now Planetside 2 will have 6 classes and their themes are very battlefield like with maybe a few exceptions.

Tanks were operated by 2-3 people( the driver, gunner, and spotter/secondary(for Terran's tank)). The driver absolutely operated none of the guns(except the Vanu's tank, which only had the "mg" that was directly fixed to the tank), he only concentrated on driving, it was the gunner that operated both the mg's and main cannon. Tanks required teamwork and communication between the crew and also were very tough to kill, generally requiring a full squad to take them head on. Now, the driver will operate the main cannon and the gunner only operates the mg, plus tanks are much much easier to kill now(it's like killing a tank in battlefield 3 now with extra features to make it easier). So they not only removed the teamwork aspect of the tank, they also fucking nerfed it and made it play like the battlefield franchise tanks.

Killstreaks without rewards, but it announces where "This player has gotten x amount of kills without dying". They didn't need to add it. Oh did, I forget they also have the killcam?

Requires very few bullets to kill now, in fact, if you get in close quarters infantry only sectors, it is run and gun just like fucking call of duty. YAY!!!!!!!

All the vehicles can be configured with various weaponry depending on the situation just like battlefield 3(although I like this one).

Overall, it has completely taken away the flexibility of what you want your infantry to be as now almost all the items are class specific now, has taken away the teamwork in a game that is designed for teamwork, has retarded features from Call of Duty and Battlefield, etc.

Last edited by War Man (2012-06-05 07:31:42)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|3855|America
So Counter Strike: Global offensive finally has a release date of August 21, 2012. Anyone planning on playing?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Superior Mind
Member
+1,730|5039

Blade4509 wrote:

So Counter Strike: Global offensive finally has a release date of August 21, 2012. Anyone planning on playing?
I might give it a go.
mikkel
Member
+383|4948

War Man wrote:

mikkel wrote:

War Man wrote:


I'm getting more disappointed with that game the more I hear about it. The game is copying out of battlefield and call of duty too much for my tastes, it is missing alot of the good stuff planetside 1 had.
Wait, what? How is it copying either of those games?
Lets see.

Planetside 1 had no classes, essentially it was 1 class that could have so many different armor and equipment combinations. You could essentially choose to be both a medic and repair guy but can't have much ammo or good weaponry to tackle infantry and/or vehicles well. Now Planetside 2 will have 6 classes and their themes are very battlefield like with maybe a few exceptions.
You mean very like every class-based war game in the history of games. Yes, I preferred the old system as well, but don't fool yourself into thinking that PlanetSide didn't have classes. They just defined them by armour instead of role, and gave you more flexibility with equipment, though only to a point. The class-based limits you in some ways, but it also affords new possibilities, like the jetpack on the light assault class.


War Man wrote:

Tanks were operated by 2-3 people( the driver, gunner, and spotter/secondary(for Terran's tank)). The driver absolutely operated none of the guns(except the Vanu's tank, which only had the "mg" that was directly fixed to the tank), he only concentrated on driving, it was the gunner that operated both the mg's and main cannon. Tanks required teamwork and communication between the crew and also were very tough to kill, generally requiring a full squad to take them head on. Now, the driver will operate the main cannon and the gunner only operates the mg, plus tanks are much much easier to kill now(it's like killing a tank in battlefield 3 now with extra features to make it easier). So they not only removed the teamwork aspect of the tank, they also fucking nerfed it and made it play like the battlefield franchise tanks.
Giving control of the main gun to the driver is a consequence of how absolutely terrible it was to operate a two-man tank as a driver in PlanetSide outside of a squad. Not only did you have to find a gunner, but the gunners that you'd find were the ones standing around not doing anything because they were too terrible to actually go attack stuff. They were usually too terrible to operate the gun as well.

And how did they remove the teamwork aspect? Any lone tank driver in PlanetSide 2 will be torn to shreds by virtue of the limited field of view, and the lack of anti-infantry and anti-air weapons. In PlanetSide 2, the driver destroys things, while the gunner defends the tank. How is that not teamwork?

War Man wrote:

Requires very few bullets to kill now, in fact, if you get in close quarters infantry only sectors, it is run and gun just like fucking call of duty. YAY!!!!!!!
So you mean that I won't have to hit a Rexo fifteen times with a Gauss Rifle to kill him? Yeah, that sounds positively terrible. It's also just like Day of Defeat, Counter-Strike, ArmA, Battlefield, Rainbow Six, S.W.A.T, Red Orchestra, and the rest of a long, long list of games that do the same. It's not a Call of Duty mechanic. It's a general gaming mechanic, and one that was sorely missed in PlanetSide.

War Man wrote:

All the vehicles can be configured with various weaponry depending on the situation just like battlefield 3(although I like this one).
Also just like EVE Online, Freelancer, Auto Assault, and BFRs in.. PlanetSide!

War Man wrote:

Killstreaks without rewards, but it announces where "This player has gotten x amount of kills without dying". They didn't need to add it. Oh did, I forget they also have the killcam?
This is the only really legitimate complaint, and it doesn't actually have anything to do with Battlefield or Call of Duty specifically. It's stupid, and I wish they'd take it out, but don't attribute poor design choices to plagiarism.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,417|5001

Steam beta update allows you to set custom images for the big tiles in your library
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477211
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4251|CA

Blade4509 wrote:

So Counter Strike: Global offensive finally has a release date of August 21, 2012. Anyone planning on playing?
How much?  I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale or drops to $20 or $30.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|3855|America
I'd imagine it will be full retail. Just can't play BF3 anymore.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,417|5001

They announced it'd be $15
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|3383|Massachusetts, USA
Good guy gabe.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3932

Ck2 and its all of its DLC are 75% off today. $50 value for $12.99. It is a steal. The Game of Thrones mod has been released now so get CK2 -> game of thrones.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|4670|Graz, Austria

mtb0minime wrote:

They announced it'd be $15

UnkleRukus wrote:

Good guy gabe.
You know, this probably means that they will try to rake in the remaining money with DLC, or even worse, free-to-play style micropaid hats and crap.
Spidery_Yoda
UWRyj5cHIQA
+397|4617
Pretty sure they're not going to have microtransactions in CS.

They've announced Dota 2 will be f2p with an item shop, and announced CS will be $15 and not mentioned one. So it should be safe.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|3383|Massachusetts, USA
Nothing wrong with them selling hats, it's not like they're game breaking.


1337 crew with different turban selections, rofl.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|4670|Graz, Austria

UnkleRukus wrote:

1337 crew with different turban selections, rofl.
Like in real life.

https://i.imgur.com/SDbWM.jpg
Chou
D3
+736|5137|Red Light District
Less than 12 hours to go for Magic 2013
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,748|5118|USA

Mutantbear wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Saints Row 3 on sale for $17. Been wanting it for a while, so tempting. But I've got so much other stuff to play
saints row 3 has an adult swim radio station with sports from tim and eric

any game with tim and eric is worth >$16
I have a ton of games to play too, but I bought SR3 and gave it three days of my time. Well worth it. Keep an eye out for the penthouse mission.


mikkel wrote:

Hahaha.

"Ubisoft presents," stop video.

I didn't even need to see the first actual image.
Aww, it's Ubisoft? It looked semi-interesting, too...

Thanks but no thanks on their measures that make me feel like a criminal just installing the thing.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3932

Chou wrote:

Less than 12 hours to go for Magic 2013
Yay for power creep
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,417|5001

Anyone play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? Friend convinced me to buy it (a key on sale from a shady site no less, but turned out fine) and we've been playing that a bit. Could always use another fellow on the mic. Been playing ~8-midnight (GMT-8) on weeknights so far, probably get more time in on weekends.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard