HITNRUNXX
+220|6701|Oklahoma City

iceman785 wrote:

War Man wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Wow... That might be the most offensive movie review I have ever read. Props. That takes some talent right there.
Not to mention being quite hypocritical telling religious people to have an open mind.
Not quite sure how I'm being hypocritical when I'm an open minded person, but I said the fundamentalist types needs to open their mind and see that the bible isn't the end all be all and that they should be open to what other people have to say. Most the people in this video can't even explain the shit that Bill asks them about the bible, let alone listen to what he has to say.

I'm just saying they should be open to the fact that the bible may not be right, they don't have to change their beliefs, just listen to what the other end has to say about it.
That is all well and good... Except when your belief is specifically not to believe anything else... So you should be open minded enough to accept that they have their own beliefs.... Anyway, /thread derail.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

Macbeth wrote:

Atlas Shrugged Part 1  3/10

Boring, unsubtle, poorly written garbage. Just like the book \o/
You are being generous with the movie rating ...  it was so bad I couldn't finish watching it.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Avengers 9.7 / 10

I think I love everything that Josh Whedon does ... if Josh Whedon were a woman, he would have to get a restraining order on me.
Bah! How could you enjoy uninspired comic book schlock?

/trollface
If that's some jab at my earlier rating then that's fine, I'm not about to keep repeating myself on the subject (especially since for some reason it's got a lot of overly high reviews here). I can barely remember the plot. I remember a lot of obvious scarlett johansson ass shots though, one of the films few redeeming features that just about puts it above the 3 and under trash can.

I think time will tell, when I think of a film thats 8/9/9.5/9.7 out of 10 they're all timeless, rewatchable films. The avengers suffers from Avatar syndrome, and I think a year or 2 from now you won't quite remember it... or if you do, why you rated it so highly...
jord
and with regards to superhero films give me the dark knight rises
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

jord wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Avengers 9.7 / 10

I think I love everything that Josh Whedon does ... if Josh Whedon were a woman, he would have to get a restraining order on me.

/trollface
If that's some jab at my earlier rating then that's fine, I'm not about to keep repeating myself on the subject (especially since for some reason it's got a lot of overly high reviews here). I can barely remember the plot. I remember a lot of obvious scarlett johansson ass shots though, one of the films few redeeming features that just about puts it above the 3 and under trash can.

I think time will tell, when I think of a film thats 8/9/9.5/9.7 out of 10 they're all timeless, rewatchable films. The avengers suffers from Avatar syndrome, and I think a year or 2 from now you won't quite remember it... or if you do, why you rated it so highly...
Some movies are timeless classics, and some movies are good in the moment.  Avengers is the latter ... it is great for today, and that's all that matters when I spend $12 in a theater.
jord

OrangeHound wrote:

jord wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

/trollface

Some movies are timeless classics, and some movies are good in the moment.  Avengers is the latter ... it is great for today, and that's all that matters when I spend $12 in a theater.
Yeah sure that'd be fine, but you can't say that and then go and rate it what you rated it. Accurate movie ratings are paramount, infact nothing is more important to me than a well thought out rating. Not friends, not family, and not my motorbike... Nothing.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

HITNRUNXX wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Not to mention being quite hypocritical telling religious people to have an open mind.
Not quite sure how I'm being hypocritical when I'm an open minded person, but I said the fundamentalist types needs to open their mind and see that the bible isn't the end all be all and that they should be open to what other people have to say. Most the people in this video can't even explain the shit that Bill asks them about the bible, let alone listen to what he has to say.

I'm just saying they should be open to the fact that the bible may not be right, they don't have to change their beliefs, just listen to what the other end has to say about it.
That is all well and good... Except when your belief is specifically not to believe anything else... So you should be open minded enough to accept that they have their own beliefs.... Anyway, /thread derail.
Brings to mind a comment from a nephew of mine:

"I don't hate atheists.  I hate anti-theists"

@iceman:
Good and fine if you are an open-minded atheists.  But an anti-theist is in no way open-minded.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6701|Oklahoma City

jord wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Avengers 9.7 / 10

/trollface

Meh... I still rate Iron Man high. I still enjoy it. Iron Man 2 and Thor were both disappointments... In the theater and later. My opinions don't change that much over time for most movies, but I get what you are saying.

I stick by my really high Avengers rating. It isn't thought-provoking and world changing. It isn't artsy... But that doesn't mean that it didn't do what it did very well, and I loved it. It is the first movie since the Matrix I will see again in theaters... Mainly to take my kids, ) because I want them to get to see it now instead of waiting until it is on DVD) but also because I want to watch it again. Since there are less than 15 or so movies that I like to watch more than once every 10 years or so, I would say that my rating, (Note: ***MY*** rating) is right on target.
iceman785
+93|6664|Alaska, mother fucker.

Ilocano wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

@iceman:
Good and fine if you are an open-minded atheists.  But an anti-theist is in no way open-minded.
I'm not an anti-theist. There are people (like my mom) who need to believe in something just because it comforts them in "knowing" there is something after death. I can respect that choice, I just think that it's wrong and that religion is the source of many of our issues, and our country would be better off without it.

I listen to what my mom has to say, I argue with her about religion and what I think is the truth and vice-versa. But she is so set in her ways (and only been studying for about a year and a half now mind you) that she won't even listen to the other end... It's people like that that set me off.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

Bitter / Sweet (2009) via Hulu: 8/10

Brian, an American businessman, is sent to Thailand in search of local coffee plantations to purchase, but he ends up finding more than just coffee, and that the original purpose of the trip might not even be about coffee after all.

American businessman Brian Chandler has a perfect life with a great job and beautiful fiancee. When his boss, renegade coffee mogul Calvert Jenkins sends him to Thailand to inspect a crop for purchase, Brian meets Ticha, a beautiful Bangkok executive who has long-since given up on the prospects of finding love. At the urging of her old village and her coffee farmer parents, Ticha brings Brian to the coffee fields of Southern Krabi, with the hopes that Brian will purchase coffee there. The only problem with this plan is that Brian and Ticha absolutely can not stand to be around each other. As they go from the cosmopolitan bustle of Bangkok to the pristine, white sands beaches of Krabi, their relationship becomes more than just a coffee deal. Written by Ivan Rothman.

Director:
Jeff Hare

Writers:
Jeff Hare (story), Jeff Hare, and 1 more credit

Stars:
Kip Pardue, James Brolin and Napakpapha Nakprasitte

Nice date movie.  Nothing new as far as content, nice comedic relief from the Austrian, and beautiful sceneries.

Lead actress reminded me of my wife from our dating days.  Smart, strong-willed, yet naive at times.  Endearing qualities to me.  Small town girl, University, big-city experience, and family business too.  Crazy.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin

iceman785 wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

@iceman:
I'm not an anti-theist. There are people (like my mom) who need to believe in something just because it comforts them in "knowing" there is something after death. I can respect that choice, I just think that it's wrong and that religion is the source of many of our issues, and our country would be better off without it.

I listen to what my mom has to say, I argue with her about religion and what I think is the truth and vice-versa. But she is so set in her ways (and only been studying for about a year and a half now mind you) that she won't even listen to the other end... It's people like that that set me off.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

Dark Shadows, Tim Burton/10

i enjoyed it. Johnny Depp uses words only Uzique would understand, CGI was nearly seamless.
i recommend Chili's Baby Back Ribs©, a pitcher of Bud Light®, and a healthy dose of fuckvampiremoviesalready™ to help you swallow it.
6 sex scenes, a schooner full of alcohol, and enough fire to wipe out the California Crop of marijuana.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Chronicle - 7.5/10

Best of its kind I've seen in awhile.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

Burnzz wrote:

Johnny Depp uses words only Uzique would understand
lol OK
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California
Super Troopers /10

https://static.moviefanatic.com/images/gallery/super-troopers.jpg

https://content7.flixster.com/question/39/40/46/3940469_std.jpg

https://27.media.tumblr.com/VhPpJRJA9q8dqoxtOcByPIezo1_500.jpg

https://cdn.overclock.net/c/c9/c9898916_mother-of-god-super-troopers1.jpeg

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-05-19 17:12:25)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Shihad - Beautiful Machine

A good rockumentary about a group of four bogan NZ teenagers who almost made it huge. It was a story I knew pretty well but a good picture of just what it takes for anything great to come out of a backwater place like NZ. Also gave an amazing picture of how the big music industry runs and how manipulative and unforgiving it can be. The band has a great story, could make a great movie even without a lot of creative liberties. Documentary could have used more of their music I reckon, not to mention that it was a troubled production with one director getting fired mid-way though. Those problems show but it's still a good solid documentary about a rock band.

Plenti ov noo zillund acceents.

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone
The Dictator - 7/10
Pretty fucking funny in parts, but loses the momentum towards the end.

Act of Valor (sic) - 5/10
Watch the trailer, it contains about 90% of the scenes you want to see and leaves out the 1.5 hours of love story bullshit. The music is good though.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6503|Gold Coast
Act of Valor

Eh. Wasnt as great as I was expecting.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California
Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Bad-fking-ass/10

Thanks to Netflix I'm beginning to enjoy foreign films as opposed to Hollywood's garbage.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Bad-fking-ass/10

Thanks to Netflix I'm beginning to enjoy foreign films as opposed to Hollywood's garbage.
Go watch Oldboy.

Seven Samurai

Ran

Harakiri
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6701|Oklahoma City
The Sitter:
2/10

I didn't laugh once. My wife laughed exactly once. It was one of those movies that would have satisfied me more if the entire cast of characters were brutally slaughtered for being total and complete dumbasses.
Spoiler (highlight to read):

But no, instead it shows how everything will work out great for you and you will end up with a super hot chick by taking kids with you to buy drugs, stealing cars, stealing cash from a child, and stealing from a jewelry store. As long as you have a healthy helping of "entitled" with a side of "totally justified" in what you are doing.

Total waste of my time.

What makes this worse, is that this was ORIGINALLY being marketed as a re-make of Adventures in Babysitting. In fact, one of the earliest trailers for it had the doorman at the club tell him something about having to sing the blues. At least they stopped that association. What a horrible movie.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Game Change - Follows John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, from his selection of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election.
7/10

Made for TV, but not a bad fly on the wall documentary film of a hilarious and frightening period in history. I still think she would have made a better President than Bush.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

HITNRUNXX wrote:

The Sitter:
2/10

I didn't laugh once. My wife laughed exactly once. It was one of those movies that would have satisfied me more if the entire cast of characters were brutally slaughtered for being total and complete dumbasses.
Spoiler (highlight to read):

But no, instead it shows how everything will work out great for you and you will end up with a super hot chick by taking kids with you to buy drugs, stealing cars, stealing cash from a child, and stealing from a jewelry store. As long as you have a healthy helping of "entitled" with a side of "totally justified" in what you are doing.

Total waste of my time.

What makes this worse, is that this was ORIGINALLY being marketed as a re-make of Adventures in Babysitting. In fact, one of the earliest trailers for it had the doorman at the club tell him something about having to sing the blues. At least they stopped that association. What a horrible movie.
I loved Adventures in babysitting. Seen it countless times!!
Yes I agree about The Sitter... i was total disappoint. i even paid for this on direct tv. lol

the avengers 8/10 i was dreading the time on the movie but it went by pretty quick.  Lots of good sequences.. Im into it hahheheheehehhe.
Gimmi mo Loki!! *zap*

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2012-05-21 06:41:31)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

AussieReaper wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Bad-fking-ass/10

Go watch Oldboy.

Seven Samurai

Ran

Harakiri
Ran was over-rated.  Too much emphasis on cinematography.

Check out Hidden Fortress though.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

This look terrible.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard