JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6778|Canada, Ont
These are problems on the Battlefield...

Durring the first few rounds with my Clanmates we brainstomed all the ways you could use these things and well... They are deadly.

1. AFK people get Squished "???? is no more"
2. Dropping it on a Chopper thats takeing off can Cause it to blow up.
3. Dropping it on the runway causes delay of game for Pilots.
4. Dropping it on the american jets as they are hovering throws them overboard (Never laughed so hard in all my time playing this game...you shoulda seen it)
5. While attempting to give to a random team-mate he got Squished because he was unaware (Sorry Bobroonie)

Issues:

They fall much to fast, when they land they are often unstable and can bounce and roll and kill the person trying to get inside.
The cool-down time for these vehicles is very small and you can drop them frequently, They are more effective then Arty in some cases as its more Accurate and is to the same effect if you get lucky.

Maybe You Could:

Never tried it but I assume you could drop one on the USMC Carrier at the UAV Trailor and baserape the Essex, and both Jet Spawns with the Car Guns. A Swift AT-Rocket would make short work of it but it will do its job long enough.

I Like it (Conclusion):

On larger maps where I end up on foot alot like Shongua Stalemate or Kubara Damn my Feet get really Tired. I had Commander (Clanmate) drop a vehicle for me sometimes and I really really enjoy the feature and don't want it removed, but there needs to be a longer wait between deployments.

Your Opinion on this?

Discuss!
JonTheNadeSpammer
+8|6556
DPV on carrier is the ultimate force-tk tool. Drive in under a jet and both of you die, with the blame going to the pilot.
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6774|Arizona
Just got outta a Ghost Town game.  At one point in that game, I was sitting on the roof overlooking the convoy...sitting on the AA launcher.  Was there for about 2 min, then I notice a jeep falling.  I stay on the gun...watching it, all casual and stuff...and it brushes past me...and lands right next to me on the rooftop.  I decide not to stay there any longer, so I drive the truck off the room...I live...so does the jeep...and, that's it.  Wish there was a more exciting ending...but I thought it was cool...
beerface702
+65|6701|las vegas
this will get abused, ive been messing around. a lil bit also. but realise that its immature to do all this crap. especially dropping rides on ur own carrier so TK'ers can use them to their advandtage

its all up to the commanders out there....let's just hope they have some respect, i personelly like this new feature and if used right will help the game out a bit on large maps for sure

COMMANDER BE GOOD
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6693|Seattle

beerface702 wrote:

especially dropping rides on ur own carrier so TK'ers can use them to their advandtage
true

but it's cool to drop them at enemy base for their TKers? xD
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6690|Canada
omg I'm gonna love this feature
I've already seen about 5 vodniks land on their sides
is there a limit to how many can be out at a time?

Idea:  make a minefield and drop vehicles all over it
djhspawn
+8|6644|Lakeside, Ca
I cant wait to try it!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6760
Yea, car drop is fun; I already died because of it like 4 times
lowyaukee
+2|6842
So, BF2S.com should have stats on "kills by vehicle drops".    ^^
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

I'm going to apply non-stop but not accept just to keep n00bs from getting the commander position now.. =/
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6660|Spokane, Washington

The limit is 2 at a time. I was experimenting on Karkand with a clan mate and there are a number of building that they can land on and get to certain spots. Even though they cant land on every roof, they rock for a quick get away for your friendly mec UAV trailer destroyer.
uber73
+188|6760|Brisbane
its a balls up by ea
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6654
I think EA figured there were more assholes out there than teamplayers so they might as well cater to them. Have fun with your new TK machines fellas.
Delphy
+45|6593|Bristol, UK
I like squishing enemy snipers with it, it's funny! Also if you make it land on the edge of a sandbag or building, you can flip it upside-down and it blows up within a few seconds. I killed a few guys capping a flag on Fushe this way.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6613|Greenwood, IN

JonTheNadeSpammer wrote:

DPV on carrier is the ultimate force-tk tool. Drive in under a jet and both of you die, with the blame going to the pilot.
SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH... Don't give them any ideas dumbass.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6680|Australia
I saw a player jump and get into it before it hit the ground. Albeit only only a few feet of the ground, but none the less didnt need to wait for it to land.
Sexy in Garden
+11|6591

polarbearz wrote:

I'm going to apply non-stop but not accept just to keep n00bs from getting the commander position now.. =/
What with there being a 5 minute wait before you can apply again and all
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

well, as usual, people will exploit this feature and use it in ways that were not intended by EA....just like the squad-hopping...

The general idea is good, it can allow you to have additional transport capabilities, for example, on mashtuur, where there are never enough vodniks to get all the guys spawning at the hotel to the power plant or the mosque. It can also help to get a Spec Ops to the enemy UAV and Radar faster.

But when commanders start to drop vehicles on the essex or block runways, people will start whining for sure...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

B.Schuss wrote:

well, as usual, people will exploit this feature and use it in ways that were not intended by EA....just like the squad-hopping...

The general idea is good, it can allow you to have additional transport capabilities, for example, on mashtuur, where there are never enough vodniks to get all the guys spawning at the hotel to the power plant or the mosque. It can also help to get a Spec Ops to the enemy UAV and Radar faster.

But when commanders start to drop vehicles on the essex or block runways, people will start whining for sure...
yes they will great feuture with a high exploit level, kinda like gravity jump in half-life 2
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
0akleaves
+183|6621|Newcastle UK
i killed 6 ppl waiting for a j10 on wake never laughed so hard in my life
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
graag
+7|6684
Probably the Evil Asshole's intention for jeeps was to bring SL back into the fight. Won't work though... cartillery and carcarrier ftw

Last edited by graag (2006-05-24 04:17:10)

eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6654
btw, anyone can tell me how you can request for a dropped vehicle? tried on wake yesterday, but didn´t find the option...*noobish, i iknow*
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6702|Howell, Mi USA
Yet another thing EA and DICE didn't fully think through. It happened to me a few time on Iron Gator last night. The Seal commander kept dropping a boat on the MECsf helipad. LoL

Edit: Oh yea, Enemy Boat Spotted!

Last edited by Cbass (2006-05-24 05:44:13)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6779|Rotherham, England

eagleray69 wrote:

btw, anyone can tell me how you can request for a dropped vehicle? tried on wake yesterday, but didn´t find the option...*noobish, i iknow*
Be a squad leader or member, bring up the squad commo-rose (T on my settings). It's one of the options on there

Last edited by pedigreeuk (2006-05-24 05:47:15)

Darky
Hi..
+71|6570|Here.
Lol, we had a commander dropping vehicles on the carrier on Iron Gator tonight. You could be on top of the carrier, yet attached to a RIB.. funny stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard