gurdeep
­
+812|4760|proll­y

m3thod wrote:

motherfuckers also changed p r o l l y ? !
wtf, when did this happen?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5264|foggy bottom
prolly
Tu Stultus Es
gurdeep
­
+812|4760|proll­y
https://i.imgur.com/p0xjr.gif
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5553|paris

gurdeep wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/50438/ShayLarenjpg.gif
Roc18
`
+655|5796|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Still crashes, played an hour and a half then crash then played 2 hours and crashed. Oh well gotta get it opened up and checked for dust somewhere to see if thats the problem then. Since you guys say my processors are running too hot.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5755|شمال
Prolly
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
eleven bravo
+1,399|5264|foggy bottom
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Tu Stultus Es
Roc18
`
Yeah it was definitely a temperature thing, i just played all day with not one crash after using my laptop cooler + leaving the speedfan program on.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria
Buy a few cans of compressed air, get a screwdriver and open up that thing already.
I bet everything is already clogged with dust.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6676|UK
and vacuum your room once in a while you filthy pig
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5755|شمال
success
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6676|UK
if you're not comfortable opening it up just find someone who is.  you must know at least 1 tech nerd who gets off on this type of shit.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

m3thod wrote:

tech nerd who gets off on this
Give him some tissues so he doesn't actually get off over your opened laptop.
Roc18
`

globefish23 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

tech nerd who gets off on this
Give him some tissues so he doesn't actually get off over your opened laptop.
https://gothamist.com/attachments/byakas/21012alin.jpg
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6212
Its normally realtek drivers that cause this in my experience.
Roc18
`
I just talked to my local computer repair place and the guy explained that opening up my laptop could cause alot of problems because the laptop components are tightly built together and broken connections can happen. Then he says I should buy compressed air or use a low power vaccuum to get rid of any dust. Then said its most likely not a dust problem and just an overheating problem and that I should check if im still under warranty for the laptop. 

So basically a computer repair shop didn't even want to open the laptop either.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke

Roc18 wrote:

I just talked to my local computer repair place and the guy explained that opening up my laptop could cause alot of problems because the laptop components are tightly built together and broken connections can happen. Then he says I should buy compressed air or use a low power vaccuum to get rid of any dust. Then said its most likely not a dust problem and just an overheating problem and that I should check if im still under warranty for the laptop. 

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5041|Massachusetts, USA

Roc18 wrote:

Once you open it up, your warrenty is null. Even if you didn't touch anything.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Roc18
`
I know that, thats not the point.
goblinstomper
I ♣ Seals
+8|6570|Hampshire
I fixed it by using a different soundcard.
I was using the realtek onboard sound and it crashed every 20-40 minutes. Now, if i run it through my USB headphones, no crash at all.
Roc18
`
Yeah I know it's not the soundcard thing I tried it before.

It's definitley a heat problem. And I'm 100% sure its dust because the other night I blew into the vent twice and a shit ton of dust flew out. I'll eventually find a place that can open this up and clean it out which will fix it.

Cause right now I cant play BF3 without crashing every 15 minutes on 100% processor power and every hour on 50% processor power. The only way i can play right now is if i bump it down to 25% processor power but my FPS turns to shit, its bearable but it sucks not playing with good FPS.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

Roc18 wrote:

Yeah I know it's not the soundcard thing I tried it before.

It's definitley a heat problem. And I'm 100% sure its dust because the other night I blew into the vent twice and a shit ton of dust flew out. I'll eventually find a place that can open this up and clean it out which will fix it.

Cause right now I cant play BF3 without crashing every 15 minutes on 100% processor power and every hour on 50% processor power. The only way i can play right now is if i bump it down to 25% processor power but my FPS turns to shit, its bearable but it sucks not playing with good FPS.
Have you bought a can of compressed air yet?
Try blowing into every orifice and see what you can get out without opening.

Even if you get it cleaned professionally, you should keep a can at hand and regularly clean it yourself.
Roc18
`
I'd rather have it thoroughly cleaned out. Blowing compressed air into the vents my miss major clusters of dust especially near the heatsink. And I heard it can potentially blow dust farther into my laptop instead of out of it. I rather just pay the 25 bucks to get it opened and cleaned out correctly.
Roc18
`
Took it to a repair guy, he opened it and there was barely any dust in the laptop. And I just tried playing again and I can't play this game for more than 5 minutes without it crashing. Yet I can play any other games without crashing.

Weird I was able to play for months no problem and now the same computer can't run the game for more than 5 mins lmao. Something must be damaged that I don't see. I gotta get a new laptop which isn't happening anytime soon.

Last edited by Roc18 (2012-03-12 13:28:22)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6797|Jupiter
bf3 gods say f u

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard