Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6617|Greenwood, IN
So whats the deal with it?  I mean does it really bounce off of stuff in real life or does it explode on contact?  The reason I ask this is cause I see it all the time while playing BF2 and it annoys me when it bounces off of a on comming car or APC.
l41e
+677|6659

It bounces if the object hit is closer than 15m.

Supposedly.
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6637
In real life, if u hit an object closer than 15m, it doesnt explode, otherwise it explodes. And the explosive radius is huge, like in Advance Warfighter, not those punny sparks in BF2/America's Army
ssj3barua
+55|6700|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
Its also deafening
meowmix4jo
+5|6595
doesnt matter the distance in real life but it has a fuse, if it hits before fuse ends it just bounces off,but yeah be glad none of the nades are realistic, real nades have a radius of 50m(or feet cant remember) but its huge lol, and lethal range of 30
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6638|UK
I think the fuse is about 2 seconds
Katash
+4|6570
IIRC there is no fuse activated on launch - the spinning action drives an internal mechanism that arms the grenade after a certain number of spins so as to ensure the greande is far enough away - after its armed then shock force sets it off - IE hitting something.
Katash
+4|6570
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6655|Cumberland, MD, USA
I thought the M203 propelled grenade had a fuse that started after a certain number of revolutions. Correct me if I am wrong.
JG1567JG
+110|6600|United States of America
Katash and InviSniper are right it is the revolutions that activate the round
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6617|Greenwood, IN
Wow, did'nt know that.  So basicly what they did in the game(after the 1.2 patch) was to make it realistic?  Cause I don't remember them doing that at all before 1.2.
l41e
+677|6659

Brizzzer wrote:

Wow, did'nt know that.  So basicly what they did in the game(after the 1.2 patch) was to make it realistic?  Cause I don't remember them doing that at all before 1.2.
Well, that was the idea. Actually it's a bit glitchy, they don't really bounce in my experience they usually just "stick" and blow up.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6644|USA
guys, it doesnt have a distance in RL. it has a fuse timer... think of a grenade... with a propellant on the back.....the grenade has for 4-6 second fuse......or longer, i dunno. but either way.. the fuse hits the explosive BOOM.
l41e
+677|6659

Naughty_Om wrote:

guys, it doesnt have a distance in RL. it has a fuse timer... think of a grenade... with a propellant on the back.....the grenade has for 4-6 second fuse......or longer, i dunno. but either way.. the fuse hits the explosive BOOM.
So...wait...it's like a normal nade...but it comes out of a little tube?
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6637|Quebec city, Canada
In fact, its like a normal nade but the timer is like 1 second (the time that the nade takes to make certain number of revolutions) and once armed, it doesnt explode instantly, its only armed and ready to explode on the impact.
Defiance
+438|6682

Naughty_Om wrote:

Wrong.

Read the thread.

1) Grenade [M203] is fired.
2) Grenade revolves in air in order to activate the firing mechanism.
3) Grenade hits hard surface, goes boom.

If it hits a hard surface before 2, it doesn't detonate.
l41e
+677|6659

Ohhh...now I get it.

Thanks all.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6644|USA
no.... armed to explode after fuse has finished, which is longer than a nade or on impact.
l41e
+677|6659

Ok, let me settle this...

There's a little thing that comes out of a tube, it blows up when it hits something unless it's too close.
rgraze
+6|6683

Katash wrote:

Animation here :- http://science.howstuffworks.com/grenade3.htm
Katash has a link that explains it all.
Arkanon
+3|6706|London, UK
"Already, some modern grenades use an electronic fuze system instead of a mechanical or chemical fuze."

Infantrymen had better hope the military don't install a Microsoft OS to handle the electronic signals.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6644|USA

Katash wrote:

Animation here :- http://science.howstuffworks.com/grenade3.htm
very helpful... THANKS@
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6731|California

and usually grenades dont have such a parabolic curve i believe
yayo
+2|6587
I don't use it anymore.
Now, the granade goes to anywhere not the point I am aiming.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard