RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
Age of Empires 2 remake
basically aoe2 + unlimited farms, + towers on walls, + more civilizations, + more civ building/unit variety, + addons to castles, + units on/in buildings, + keeping the blood and sound
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
i'm not sure i'd want to attempt an AOE2 remake, i don't think it could possibly be touched without breaking it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
probably would break it. aom was plenty similar but they broke walls and im not a fan of the aoe1/3/aom building size
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

This game with better graphics and the ability to fight the battles where you send your soldiers abroad.
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

I'd make an innovative FPS with killstreaks, weapon attachments and mediocre graphics.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
Battlefront 3
+ star wars rogue squadron 2/3 space combat

or just rogue squadron 4. with no ground combat.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Total War: Europa Universalis

Your typical Total war game with the time frame of 1300-1800. Give it the depth and management of Europa Universalis. The scale of EU (whole world). Make it very large scale (100,000 units in a battle). Also give it a decent AI and multiplayer.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida

Adams_BJ wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=133374

I was actually looking for that thread, couldnt find it,   sorry
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

that game sounds awful spearhead
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock

Adams_BJ wrote:

everyone has a dream game, what is yours?

My dream game would have to be an MMOFPS, ranking system like BF2, with a sovereignty system, one huge server and real time skill training like in EVE, game play semi sim/semi arcade, and the large scale areas of ARMA.

Two factions. Coalition and Commies maybe. 3 countries either side. 1 country with a bonus to military, industry or politics, etc. for each faction. And each country has an Army, Navy and Airforce branch. Each branch will have roles (MOSs even)

Army will have say, infantry, air(helicopters) and engineering bonuses to skills time to learn.

Navy would have marines, air(jets and helicopters(not us much bonus as army has to helicopters, or airforce has for fixed wing, say only half as much.) and seamanship bonuses to skills time to learn.

Airforce would have air(fixed wing), transport and reconnaissance bonuses to skills time to learn.
The branches will also get bonuses to their main roles.

Back story would be on a fictional continent, in the Indian ocean maybe from the equator to further south, near the Antarctic so it can cover all ranges of tropics desert and snow. After years and years of civil war, the UN has announced it a cluster fuck as all government has been lost and warlords are taking over, and has made it a free for all for countries to lay claim to the areas in it. The coalition has taken its part, the commies have taken there's and there is still a whole lot more to be taken.

Play would be completely sandbox so you can train for whatever you want, with your bonuses affecting how much time it takes to train them. You can speed it up by doing America's Army like classes while playing, or go to sleep. Who cares. you would be a subcontracter in a security force(like blackwater), so you aren't actually employed of your faction and can go freely between the two.

You can join other players to make your own companies, doing missions for your faction or taking your own areas of a continent and making money from them. Starting small by occupying a village or something, whether peacefully or forcefully. From there you can upgrade the infrastructure, increasing your profit and maybe even making it a city eventually. Other companies come attack your spots, occupying for themselves or just wiping it and its infrastructure out with bombing and artillery. How you attack also effects how much infrastructure kept from occupying it.

Players would need to patrol for enemies in their provinces, make convoys for supplies, and large companies will eventually have large scale operations, where the one large server is key to the population of the operations.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

Miggle wrote:

especially the "frostbite" -part.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

DUnlimited wrote:

Miggle wrote:

third person game on the worst engine ever made with one of the cheesiest stories ever thought up
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
gamebryo
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

Miggle wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Miggle wrote:

third person game on the worst engine ever made with one of the cheesiest stories ever thought up
Worst engine ever? Really?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

i would do one with like graphics of call of duty with story of call of duty and music of deus ex with guns from call of duty and epic battles of metroid with sound effects of mario and massive world gameplay like red dead redemption with driving of call of duty. it would be epic.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Miggle wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Trolling?  If so, disregard the following..

"Mass Effect minus the cheesiness", hence that specific comment in my OP.  You really think the cheese factor completely cancels out the innovation, originality, and value of the Mass Effect games?  Talk about nitpicking.

As for Frostbite being the "worst engine ever"...huh, a first person shooter, using soccer game animations, and was used to make a Need for Speed game... also happens to be gorgeous, photo-realistic, and has the best audio design in any game ever.  But nooooooope, BF3 was a disappointment, so the engine must be the "worst ever".  derp.

The idea in my OP was to not only say what you think would make a great game, but also through INFORMED CRITIQUE, how pros/cons of already existing games could be used to articulate/quantify that game.  You know, for people who lack reading comprehension, creativity, and the capacity to imagine anything other than through their pre-existing, limited psychological schemas. 

But +1 anyway for contributing nothing, saying my idea is bad, and providing no explanation whatsoever for your opinion.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
Open and random world set in the ice age. 3 person view maybe. Two campaigns, one as Man, the other as Neanderthal Man. One starts near the sea ice, the other in the middle east. So many animals.

Obv top notch graphics and physics.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2012-01-12 20:14:01)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

Spearhead wrote:

Miggle wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Trolling?  If so, disregard the following..

"Mass Effect minus the cheesiness", hence that specific comment in my OP.  You really think the cheese factor completely cancels out the innovation, originality, and value of the Mass Effect games?  Talk about nitpicking.

As for Frostbite being the "worst engine ever"...huh, a first person shooter, using soccer game animations, and was used to make a Need for Speed game... also happens to be gorgeous, photo-realistic, and has the best audio design in any game ever.  But nooooooope, BF3 was a disappointment, so the engine must be the "worst ever".  derp.

The idea in my OP was to not only say what you think would make a great game, but also through INFORMED CRITIQUE, how pros/cons of already existing games could be used to articulate/quantify that game.  You know, for people who lack reading comprehension, creativity, and the capacity to imagine anything other than through their pre-existing, limited psychological schemas. 

But +1 anyway for contributing nothing, saying my idea is bad, and providing no explanation whatsoever for your opinion.
what's original and innovative about mass effect?

frostbite is the main reason I haven't enjoyed BC1/2 and bf3. it's an awful engine that completely ruins the feel of the games.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Miggle wrote:

what's original and innovative about mass effect?

frostbite is the main reason I haven't enjoyed BC1/2 and bf3. it's an awful engine that completely ruins the feel of the games.
1. Well you obviously don't think ME is original nor innovative.  Let me just point out, there's 7 pages for ME3 already and it doesn't come out for another few months.  Its also one of the most anticipated games of 2012.  Seeing as how you said nothing about how I am wrong, the burden is on you to tell the rest of us why it sucks so bad.

2. Same with Frostbite.  You already said its the worst engine ever, so I already knew you didn't like the last three Battlefields.  Burdens on you buddy, to come up with a new thought/idea other than restating your opinion.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-01-12 20:39:14)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
its not as much its the worst engine ever as much as DICE is using it poorly
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

RTHKI wrote:

its not as much its the worst engine ever as much as DICE is using it poorly
Exactly my point....
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

spearhead there is nothing original or innovative to any of the mass effect games. being highly anticipated means virtually nothing about its quality.

frostbite is a clunky engine with about 100 million bugs. The destruction of it is gimmicky and IMO detracts from the gameplay. Games on other shooter engines suck as UE3 and Quake 3 are far superior. Frostbite is a bad engine, and is most of the reason recent battlefields are unplayable for me.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Miggle wrote:

spearhead there is nothing original or innovative to any of the mass effect games. being highly anticipated means virtually nothing about its quality.

frostbite is a clunky engine with about 100 million bugs. The destruction of it is gimmicky and IMO detracts from the gameplay. Games on other shooter engines suck as UE3 and Quake 3 are far superior. Frostbite is a bad engine, and is most of the reason recent battlefields are unplayable for me.
1. I never said popularity has anything to do with quality.  I am saying, popular games are popular for a REASON, and me, like many people on this site, love and adore Mass Effect.  The burden is on YOU, to ARTICULATE why we are all wrong.  /reading comprehension (you still have not said anything about Mass Effect, other than that you don't like it )

2. Every Battlefield has been clunky, with 100 million bugs.  The destruction in BF3 is nothing compared to destruction in Bad Company 1/2.  Keep spinning in linguistic circles, this is fun.

I realize you are probably trolling me but I honestly don't care, its 1 AM and am bored.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Spearhead wrote:

(you still have not said anything about Mass Effect, other than that you don't like it )
inb4elevators

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard