Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
everyone has a dream game, what is yours?

My dream game would have to be an MMOFPS, ranking system like BF2, with a sovereignty system, one huge server and real time skill training like in EVE, game play semi sim/semi arcade, and the large scale areas of ARMA.

Two factions. Coalition and Commies maybe. 3 countries either side. 1 country with a bonus to military, industry or politics, etc. for each faction. And each country has an Army, Navy and Airforce branch. Each branch will have roles (MOSs even)

Army will have say, infantry, air(helicopters) and engineering bonuses to skills time to learn.

Navy would have marines, air(jets and helicopters(not us much bonus as army has to helicopters, or airforce has for fixed wing, say only half as much.) and seamanship bonuses to skills time to learn.

Airforce would have air(fixed wing), transport and reconnaissance bonuses to skills time to learn.
The branches will also get bonuses to their main roles.

Back story would be on a fictional continent, in the Indian ocean maybe from the equator to further south, near the Antarctic so it can cover all ranges of tropics desert and snow. After years and years of civil war, the UN has announced it a cluster fuck as all government has been lost and warlords are taking over, and has made it a free for all for countries to lay claim to the areas in it. The coalition has taken its part, the commies have taken there's and there is still a whole lot more to be taken.

Play would be completely sandbox so you can train for whatever you want, with your bonuses affecting how much time it takes to train them. You can speed it up by doing America's Army like classes while playing, or go to sleep. Who cares. you would be a subcontracter in a security force(like blackwater), so you aren't actually employed of your faction and can go freely between the two.

You can join other players to make your own companies, doing missions for your faction or taking your own areas of a continent and making money from them. Starting small by occupying a village or something, whether peacefully or forcefully. From there you can upgrade the infrastructure, increasing your profit and maybe even making it a city eventually. Other companies come attack your spots, occupying for themselves or just wiping it and its infrastructure out with bombing and artillery. How you attack also effects how much infrastructure kept from occupying it.

Players would need to patrol for enemies in their provinces, make convoys for supplies, and large companies will eventually have large scale operations, where the one large server is key to the population of the operations.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال
My dream game
Total war style strategy game but in modern age. The battles must be 'Command and Conquer Generals' style.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6124|what

A fps Samurai game.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

GTA "your home town". How awesome would it be to fuck shit up in your home town in a game?
I need around tree fiddy.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
@Adam: That sounds like a cool and massive idea. Though with a game so in-depth you gotta wonder: why not do it in real life? The game would have to be accessible to younger and older folks. It needs to have some familiarity and quick satisfaction.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-12-14 05:28:37)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5966
Your idea is good, but an FPS with THAT many players would be a real strain on anything bar a supercomputer.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand
Snail simulator
I know fucking karate
Adams_BJ

Superior Mind wrote:

@Adam: That sounds like a cool and massive idea. Though with a game so in-depth you gotta wonder: why not do it in real life? The game would have to be accessible to younger and older folks. It needs to have some familiarity and quick satisfaction.
Real life, as in join the army?

Hakei wrote:

Your idea is good, but an FPS with THAT many players would be a real strain on anything bar a supercomputer.
Well each, we will call them states, will have a few villages in each, and say be the size of a map in arma. The continent might have hundreds of states, only small parts of the state are loaded at a time, kind of the way WoW has their seemless continents, you don't load the whole continent at once. And you may only have a few players at a time that you are playing/pillaging with, or 100+ (with the single large server) on the big battles, which may be PC intensive, but rare.

Also some of the skills you can train will be stuff like paratrooper, medic, vehicle upgrades (humvee up to APC, to Tank for example.) The deeper you go into the tree the better, all the way up to the aircraft carrier, which you can set a destination, log off and it will travel there in real time. Have all your people jump on with their vehicles, and when they log back on they will be at their destination ready to destroy their target. A large, mobile home, but doesn't get you any income and can't make any ammo or fuel.
specops10-4
+108|6714|In the hills
Sounds awesome, almost exactly what I have always pictured as a dream game. 

I have always dreamt of a game kind of like the sims except you can only control one person and its massively multiplayer.  There is no goal to the game, you are born and from then on its totally free roaming.

People would naturally form their own societies and eventually make it into a second digital world.  I really don't know how it would work but hopefully it would start out in the stone age and as people figure things out and invent items the world would become more and more complex.  Somehow everything would have close to real world properties and weapons could be built or houses to live in. 

Its way too complex and in depth to be made now but hopefully in the future they will make a truly epic game of life.
Adams_BJ

specops10-4 wrote:

Sounds awesome, almost exactly what I have always pictured as a dream game. 

I have always dreamt of a game kind of like the sims except you can only control one person and its massively multiplayer.  There is no goal to the game, you are born and from then on its totally free roaming.

People would naturally form their own societies and eventually make it into a second digital world.  I really don't know how it would work but hopefully it would start out in the stone age and as people figure things out and invent items the world would become more and more complex.  Somehow everything would have close to real world properties and weapons could be built or houses to live in. 

Its way too complex and in depth to be made now but hopefully in the future they will make a truly epic game of life.
https://horizonproject.wikispaces.com/file/view/Second_Life_Logo.jpg

Hey Mr. Minnard, pitch our ideas to the EA head honchos!

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2009-12-14 05:46:22)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

I want a GTA game, like Don said, with your home town.

Actually, I want a GTA game with all the biggest cities in the world. You can walk into any house, building, everybody reacts to what you do, etc etc. Would be awesome.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6124|what

GTA + Google Street View...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I had an idea for a combination FPS+RTS where you could take control of any unit and play as that in the first person or RTS style. It'd kinda be like BF2 in the respect of a commander except the units and squads would actually follow orders.
I think some similar games have been made like this, but they didn't really take off.
Kez
+778|5674|London, UK
bf2s the game
Bevo
Nah
+718|6492|Austin, Texas
I just wrote a shitton and pressed backspace to fix a word and my browser decided to go back.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Adams_BJ

Bevo wrote:

I just wrote a shitton and pressed backspace to fix a word and my browser decided to go back.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Bevo
Nah
+718|6492|Austin, Texas

Adams_BJ wrote:

Bevo wrote:

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm re-writing in text pad.
Adams_BJ

Bevo wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Bevo wrote:

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm re-writing in text pad.
lol. win
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Total War: Lord of the Rings
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Adams_BJ

Varegg wrote:

Total War: Lord of the Rings
Lol that actually doesn't sound too bad.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6103|Scotland!
bf2 but with bucketloads less fail in it.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6243
A game which excluded noobs and smacktards.
Kez
+778|5674|London, UK

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

A game which excluded noobs and smacktards.
bf2?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6492|Austin, Texas
Well, it's "ultimate" which means the man hours required to complete this thing are probably 10-20x that of any game on the market today. That said...

It would be an MMOFPS of course. No fantasy shit. Aliens, zombies, wearwolves, vampires, leprachauns, I don't give a shit. NO ELVES OR FARIES JESUS.

Anyway. The main game would be seperated into a few different parts.

1. Singleplayer/Co-op mode. Think borderlands, but much much better and longer story. Harder too. Can choose to fight for a multitude of "sides" (8 or so). Start at level 0, work your way with your friends to get to the end. The ability to save your character in a moment in time (so you can always go back to that one and start back up with your buddy).

2. MMO mode. Obvious. Start in a world with everyone else (EVE online world, EVERYONE is in the same wcaorld.). Work your way up to the top in multiple respects including combat, resourcefulness, skills, etc. LOTS of environmental interaction. You have an axe? You can get a tree. You have a tree? Well shit you're not superman, you're either going to have to cut it up or get something to move it for you. The products? Well, if you chop it enough, logs and branches and leaves. If you want, you can take the bark off the logs. Found a hammer and some nails and a 2x4? make yourself a weapon. A water gun, some gasoline, a torch and some duct tape? Homemade flamethrower!

3. FPS mode. Think a typical FPS. Everyone starts at the same level (whatever that may be), and simply fights. Winners/best players from each team get stuff for their MMO world. Nothing big, but enough as an incentive.

4. Challenge mode (co-op). You'd all start at a certain level and have to go through a challenge thrown at you by the Devs. This requires resourcefulness and strategy to defeat. Open to community, custom challenges filtered and cleaned through employees for attainable rewards (to go towards MMO), or have your own custom addon with no reward.

NPCs: FO3 interaction (Friendly/neutral/unfriendly/hostile). If you hit them with your weapon 20 times while jumping up and down, they'll shoot you in the face. Lets say you want to go kill a level 2 deer, and you do, and see what it dropped. It dropped a goddamn dead deer you dumbass. No coins, no weapon, no quest item, it's a deer for christs sake. If you've got a knife on you, you can get some deer skin and teeth and antlers and meat. Otherwise you get a corpse that you either have to drag to someone else or chop up yourself.

Weapons: Everything you could think of. A hammer. A 2x4 with nails stuck in it. A home-made flamethrower. Someone's decapitated arm. A pistol. A shotgun. A rocketlauncher (which you obviously couldn't just run around town with, people would think you're a terrorist!). A bow and arrow. A molotov cocktail. A t-shirt launcher filled with rocks.
- Weapons all start the SAME but have different upgrade paths based on their components. EX, the mechanic down the street may be able to do a little custom modding on your super soaker 3000 for some spare change and your first born.
- Proficiencies, see borderlands or WoW or whatever.

MMO World: Choose your own adventure ala FO3. Killing that princess may be evil and corrupt and get a whole town to kill you on sight sure, but she's got a tiara worth 300k and you want a new scope for your custom modded sniper rifle that shoots arrows. So? Poison her and blame it on someone else, run away with the riches. Let there be a chance that they don't believe you. Give you the option to chop off her head and run around the village killing everyone. Send a lackey to do your dirty work for you. Put up a bounty for her head and have another PLAYER do it for you. Ask the mob to carry out a hit. You got the tiara? Cool, better go pretty far away where they've never heard of you so you can continue being "good".
- Work for good, work for evil, work as a merc, work for whoever you want. Allow the game to predict some foresight with your actions (so you don't get "stuck" in a hole you don't like). The game saves your character at EVERY level, so you can go back and "undo". You lose everything else with it, though. Also a great way to go "play with your friends" without starting over.

Movement: It's an FPS. WASD, jumping, crouching, prone, etc.

Allow players to set up ambushes or traps. (find fish net, dig hole, piss off NPCs, run away, NPCs fall in hole, ???, profit!). Allow players to HIDE or sneak or climb trees.

Last edited by Bevo (2009-12-14 07:59:30)

Ioan92
+337|5693

Adams_BJ wrote:

everyone has a dream game, what is yours?

My dream game would have to be an MMOFPS, ranking system like BF2, with a sovereignty system, one huge server and real time skill training like in EVE, game play semi sim/semi arcade, and the large scale areas of ARMA.

Two factions. Coalition and Commies maybe. 3 countries either side. 1 country with a bonus to military, industry or politics, etc. for each faction. And each country has an Army, Navy and Airforce branch. Each branch will have roles (MOSs even)

Army will have say, infantry, air(helicopters) and engineering bonuses to skills time to learn.

Navy would have marines, air(jets and helicopters(not us much bonus as army has to helicopters, or airforce has for fixed wing, say only half as much.) and seamanship bonuses to skills time to learn.

Airforce would have air(fixed wing), transport and reconnaissance bonuses to skills time to learn.
The branches will also get bonuses to their main roles.

Back story would be on a fictional continent, in the Indian ocean maybe from the equator to further south, near the Antarctic so it can cover all ranges of tropics desert and snow. After years and years of civil war, the UN has announced it a cluster fuck as all government has been lost and warlords are taking over, and has made it a free for all for countries to lay claim to the areas in it. The coalition has taken its part, the commies have taken there's and there is still a whole lot more to be taken.

Play would be completely sandbox so you can train for whatever you want, with your bonuses affecting how much time it takes to train them. You can speed it up by doing America's Army like classes while playing, or go to sleep. Who cares. you would be a subcontracter in a security force(like blackwater), so you aren't actually employed of your faction and can go freely between the two.

You can join other players to make your own companies, doing missions for your faction or taking your own areas of a continent and making money from them. Starting small by occupying a village or something, whether peacefully or forcefully. From there you can upgrade the infrastructure, increasing your profit and maybe even making it a city eventually. Other companies come attack your spots, occupying for themselves or just wiping it and its infrastructure out with bombing and artillery. How you attack also effects how much infrastructure kept from occupying it.

Players would need to patrol for enemies in their provinces, make convoys for supplies, and large companies will eventually have large scale operations, where the one large server is key to the population of the operations.
We appear to share dreams.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard