SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver
my characters name on Wound in the Force is Shibakage.  Add me if you roll on that server.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock

Spearhead wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I can't be bothered making a quote pyramid soo..

1.Yes, but Spearhead, after that period, Jedi/Dark Jedi were not a force anymore. Sure Luke restarted and "Academy", and the Sith did their thing - but they were an insignificant religion, with only a handful of Force users. In this game, they want to perceive Force users as being a very real, influential part of the Galaxy.

2. The Star Wars Galaxy Starts about 5 billion years before episode IV.

3. This game IS about herp derp the force. If you don't like it, you don't have to play.

4. No my opinion is not invalid. I just finished watching all 6 episodes back to back, and they are all, bar episode one, fine movies. Hell, episode IV through VI dont even have individual story arcs, much the same as I through III, I don't get what the hate is about. Like I said before, the only nigling hate I have of the first three episodes is that there are a few lore changes leading into the last three episodes.

SW 4-6 are not some of the best movies ever made. Period. I am a big SW fan, but I'm not a fanboy. Ground breaking in their time? Sure (Some of those computer generated animals are amazing, even by todays standards, let alone a movie made in '77.) But best movies ever made? Far from it.
1. My point still stands... they do not have to resort to shitty quasi-fake "Star Wars" related timelines to make a good video game. 

2. The Star Wars "galaxy" does not exist outside of episodes 4 through 6.  It is the only real "canon".  Everything else, is third party books, comics, video games, etc.  and of course episodes 1 through 3.  Which don't count.  I know my Star Wars too.

3. My point is Star Wars was never ONLY about being a jedi/force.  Hence the herp derp.  It was also about other shit. 

4. Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were entered into the Library of Congress as part of the National Film Registry for being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant films" as well as Empire being rated number one in Empire magazines greatest movie of all time, number one in totalfilms 100 greatest films of all time list and is rated at number 2 at imdb.  source : wikipedia (but I checked that stuff a while ago) Please, stop talking....

List of films considered the best

You do not know how Star Wars is great (as a film legacy) and you are still an apologist for episodes one through three.  You are the fanboy here.
Quasi-fake? It The Old Republic Era (25,000BBY) to the Legacy Era (40ABY +) has literature all considered canonical by George Lucas himself, how is it quasi fake? SWTOR is set IN THE OLD REPUBLIC.

How can you say episode 1-3 aren't canonical? Its rated in the 'G' Canon level, being as high a class as possible.

The Star Wars canon consists of the six Star Wars feature films, along with all officially licensed, non-contradicting spin-off works to the six films. As once defined by Lucas Licensing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

I'm sure they were entered, and like I said, they were significant firsts, and absolutely amazing especially considering the time period they were made in. I conceded to that point last time..

I do know how SW is great, if I didn't I wouldn't enjoy it so much and be able to sit through half a day of the saga in one sitting. You just seem to be butt mad over episodes 1-3 and so think anything before the glorious ep 4 must be shit.
Adams_BJ

SonderKommando wrote:

my characters name on Wound in the Force is Shibakage.  Add me if you roll on that server.
Will do, I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive. I'm hoping my love for Star Wars will make up for other elements of the MMORPG genre it apparently misses. I might even go full nerd and join an RP server if the gaming side isn't good enough haha.
Adams_BJ
My copy should be in the mailbox today, so hopefully playing in ~ 10 hours.
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
pre dam fun Playing as a light side Sith warrior blue and green sabers ftw!
Adams_BJ
picked my copy up this morning before work from the post office. Will get home and playyyyyy
Adams_BJ
Motherfucker. I get here, get it installed, and just about to play, and its downtime. for six fucking hours.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

Adams_BJ wrote:

Motherfucker. I get here, get it installed, and just about to play, and its downtime. for six fucking hours.
Could be worse. You could be downloading a 25Gb file on an internet that struggles to go faster than 100Kb/s.
Adams_BJ

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Could be worse. You could be downloading a 25Gb file on an internet that struggles to go faster than 100Kb/s.
I've lived in ~12kb/s internet for the last 18 months I gave up on downloading anything.

Good news though, they canned maintenance last night. Praise Jesus!

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2012-01-10 14:34:37)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Fastest growing MMO ever. It confirms the theory that people will buy anything if it has something to do with Star Wars.

/still thinks LA should have made a KOTOR 3 instead of this shit
Adams_BJ
Maybe this is what people want/enjoy?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
they would have enjoyed kotor 3 just as much
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SonderKommando
Who's to say KOTOR 3 wont happen?

Also, what server you playing on man?

Last edited by SonderKommando (2012-01-10 20:09:55)

Adams_BJ
Wound in the force

Domini is my guy's name. Everything else I tried was taken
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
It's all about the perpetual income, and this way they won't have to make such a sophisticated story either.

And I think the biggest success factor for this game is that it arrived pretty much right on the heels of the death of Star Wars: Galaxies midway through December, so I'd imagine a very good portion of that gigantic Star Wars MMO userbase are coming right over to this game if they didn't already just move on to WoW or Eve instead.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

SonderKommando wrote:

Who's to say KOTOR 3 wont happen?
They were making it but it got canceled. LA decided to go forward with this instead. There is actually a bunch of concept art and other things that they released that would have been in KOTOR 3.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
well duh they planned that
killing off galaxies just in time for tor

Last edited by RTHKI (2012-01-10 20:41:03)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
sonder I should be on in about an hour and a half mate. I dunno what time it is over in merkin land though, but its 5:11pm here, and I knock off at six.
Adams_BJ
Just went to add you sonder, says Shibakage doesn't exist.
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6319|Brussels, Belgium
Bought SWTOR via Origin.

First, you can't pay with Paypal.

Second, I have to sit and wait for hours now for their confirmation mail that I bought the game and can now DL it...

And I can't know for sure that it's done since it was via Visa and not Paypal. With Paypal, you get Paypal's confirmation that they took your money, which makes me think that they indeed took my money but I have to wait for their response from their POS platform...

Well, can't wait to DL the thing, install it and start playing with a Trooper
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
Adams_BJ

Lost Hope wrote:

Bought SWTOR via Origin.

First, you can't pay with Paypal.

Second, I have to sit and wait for hours now for their confirmation mail that I bought the game and can now DL it...

And I can't know for sure that it's done since it was via Visa and not Paypal. With Paypal, you get Paypal's confirmation that they took your money, which makes me think that they indeed took my money but I have to wait for their response from their POS platform...

Well, can't wait to DL the thing, install it and start playing with a Trooper
can't check your bank statement online?
SonderKommando

Adams_BJ wrote:

What server are you on? We're prob on different servers. Im playing on Wound in the Force

* Hopefully gonna ding 50 by the end of the weekend.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2012-01-12 07:32:11)

Adams_BJ

SonderKommando wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

What server are you on? We're prob on different servers. Im playing on Wound in the Force

yeah I'm on the same server haha I rolled there intentionally.
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
Does anyone know of a way to send money/mail across the two empires? I want my main Sith warrior to have trooper armor
SonderKommando

Adams_BJ wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

yeah I'm on the same server haha I rolled there intentionally.
Whats your name, Ill try and add you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard