wensleydale8
+81|6777|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
All i tend to fins it that the recoil on the 7.62 weapons is a bit crazy where as on 5.56 weapons it's minimal especially the FAMAS thats how I feel anyway.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5761|Roma

Mekstizzle wrote:

Laura wrote:

From the DICE Developer's Twitter:

@Demize99
"Working on rebalancing foregrip, heavy barrel, silencer, and flash suppressor. Less OP combos and more interesting choices is the goal."
Probably going to nerf foregrip (somehow). Make heavy barrel not make recoil so much worse. Not make guns super accurate with silencers and not make flash suppressor the most useless thing ever which on top makes the gun worse too.

When he says OP combo I know he's talking about foregrip + silencer.
what do foregrips do in the game?
I run them because they make the guns look cool.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6351

aerodynamic wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Laura wrote:

From the DICE Developer's Twitter:

@Demize99
"Working on rebalancing foregrip, heavy barrel, silencer, and flash suppressor. Less OP combos and more interesting choices is the goal."
Probably going to nerf foregrip (somehow). Make heavy barrel not make recoil so much worse. Not make guns super accurate with silencers and not make flash suppressor the most useless thing ever which on top makes the gun worse too.

When he says OP combo I know he's talking about foregrip + silencer.
what do foregrips do in the game?
I run them because they make the guns look cool.
Decreases horizontal muzzle drift when firing. It sways less to the left and right, escpecially in full auto.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Ive just unlocked the Javelin.  You know all the symbols around the scope when aimed/scoped/zoomed, whatever?  Can you move from one symbol to the other or does it select for you.  I cant seem to move from one to the other (ps3)
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4976|Dundee, Scotland.

1927 wrote:

Ive just unlocked the Javelin.  You know all the symbols around the scope when aimed/scoped/zoomed, whatever?  Can you move from one symbol to the other or does it select for you.  I cant seem to move from one to the other (ps3)
the symbols mean nothing, just for decoration
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Ok cheers mate, I just been reading through this thread, Ive done upto Page 5 so far.

How do I spot people and can this only be done with 'recon' kit/weapons?

Ive zoomed in and tried everything on my pad but to no effect.

I also here people saying they need a lift etc, how the fuck do you do things like that with the pad?

Its great being able to play lying in bed, but not having a keyboard, mouse, and squad chat is a big bummer
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4976|Dundee, Scotland.

1927 wrote:

Ok cheers mate, I just been reading through this thread, Ive done upto Page 5 so far.

How do I spot people and can this only be done with 'recon' kit/weapons?

Ive zoomed in and tried everything on my pad but to no effect.

I also here people saying they need a lift etc, how the fuck do you do things like that with the pad?

Its great being able to play lying in bed, but not having a keyboard, mouse, and squad chat is a big bummer
To ask for a lift point your crosshairs at the vehicle you want a lift from and press select (i think, I play PC).

As for spotting, do the same thing as above on enemy players.

And yeah, the Javelin is much fun, especially when you get on VOIP with someone using the soflam.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4850|Amsterdam
hey camm, i got an hour to play.
u game brah?
Thanks Camm, much appriciated.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria
You can lock onto vehicles yourself by pointing the Javelin's zoomed-in crosshair with a direct line of sight on them for several seconds until you get a continuous beep and are ready to fire.
Not recommended for close-range tankbusting.

If someone else uses the SOFLAM (recon), the CITV (battletanks) or the laser painter (scout & attack helis), you can lock onto those designated land and airborne(!) targets without a direct line of sight from anywhere on the map. And get easy kills.

The red laser beams are highly visible to the targets though, so the good people will hunt them down.
I suggest you don't sit next to your SOFLAM comrad.
Cheers Globe, I need as much help as possible.

You saying that the JAV takes down air stuff too?  I know it dont in the air on its own, but a chopper landed at a flag to cap it and I couldnt get a log on.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

1927 wrote:

You saying that the JAV takes down air stuff too?  I know it dont in the air on its own, but a chopper landed at a flag to cap it and I couldnt get a log on.
It definitely locks onto air targets when designated by the means of SOFLAM etc.
I'm quite sure it also locks onto enemy air vehicles if you're able to manually target them when they're standing still. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Maybe all enemies have exited the chopper for repairing?
If that is the cause, the vehicle appears as neutral and can't be locked on or designated (the same applies to SOFLAM too).

That's actually another disadvantage of the Javelin.
You can't destroy empty vehicles, for example your own that you bailed out of and want to remove from the battlefield to prevent nearby enemies from jumping in and taking you out or to get them to respawn faster.

globefish23 wrote:

1927 wrote:

It definitely locks onto air targets when designated by the means of SOFLAM etc.
I'm quite sure it also locks onto enemy air vehicles if you're able to manually target them when they're standing still. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Maybe all enemies have exited the chopper for repairing?
If that is the cause, the vehicle appears as neutral and can't be locked on or designated (the same applies to SOFLAM too).

That's actually another disadvantage of the Javelin.
You can't destroy empty vehicles, for example your own that you bailed out of and want to remove from the battlefield to prevent nearby enemies from jumping in and taking you out or to get them to respawn faster.
In regards to the bottom paragraph Im a fucker for mines.  Well being Welsh I would be.  Ive noticed with the JAV you only have 3 mines instead of 6 when you dont have JAV.  I tend to drop one under my vehicle if given the given when existing.  I also like leaving them under random vehicles if I have enough to spare.
They need to sort the voip out so I can work with some ammo and a soflam.

Its usually just me and 2/3 Jav's at the arse end of some map hiding, firing Javs.

I have just watched another video which said after you get the lock, look upwards before you fire as this will direct the missile down onto the target
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6396|New York
How do you drop the SOFLAM so that you don't have to babysit it. I remember reading that there's an auto mode, but I don't know how to deploy it as such. Anyone have any pointers?
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Roc18
`
+655|5798|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
You don't even need to hide, get in armor or something and or play the objectives. Usually I beg for SOFLAM, CITV, Laser Paint locks in a server whenever i use the javelin, i dunno if you can communicate like that on consoles. And when I see the red lock signal I stop whatever im doing, lock onto the target and shoot the Javelin up in the air so it has less of a chance to crash into something while traveling to the target and does more damage since it's a top down hit.

The guided shell on the tank works exactly like a Javelin as well. I never use it since I get more kills with the LMG due to the underpowered Main tank cannon in this game.
gurdeep
­
+812|4763|proll­y
you set it down, aim it where you want, then press e, lol
The SOFLAM also works with tanks.  The tank driver can fire his guided missile at a vehicle (obviously)

As Roc, said above

Last edited by 1927 (2012-01-09 09:34:12)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6679|UK

heggs wrote:

How do you drop the SOFLAM so that you don't have to babysit it. I remember reading that there's an auto mode, but I don't know how to deploy it as such. Anyone have any pointers?
deploy the soflam

press e to exit

go hide somewhere safe (i usually stay nearby so i can redeploy in case it's destroyed, you need someone to drop ammo for you to get it again)

press the key which you've assigned the soflam to (3 for me) & you'll put out some kind of binoculars

press mb1 to operate your soflam remotely

You dont have to do this, as the soflam works semi autonomously once deployed and will pick targets for you but i kinda find that hit and miss tbh

Last edited by m3thod (2012-01-09 13:50:00)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
yeah hide near it like meth says so i can spam spot, see a red traingle above you and dispell your cretinous self with ease
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6679|UK
*hide nearby like +100m away & under cover so helo cock goblins like jord can't spam spot you
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5267|foggy bottom

m3thod wrote:

helo cock goblins like jord
Tu Stultus Es
gurdeep
­
+812|4763|proll­y

eleven bravo wrote:

m3thod wrote:

helo cock goblins like jord who would rather play gta than fly me
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
well im getting pretty sick of bf3, it's a fine boundary for me to enjoy it. either i do too well that i get bored, or i die 5+ times and consider the round fucking shit and dont play another.

san andreas music is da bomb
gurdeep
­
+812|4763|proll­y
so many hackers in this game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard