xaven
+25|6725|Berlin
Official Press-release regarding codeseven gaming.

21/5-06

After winning the world tournament game against EXiT11 recently, an unanimous decision was reached within the active ranks of codeseven.

Codeseven has been one of the most successful gaming outfits within Battlefield 2 during late 2005 and 2006, beating basicly all top teams in the world. But with this press-release Codeseven informs the community of its immediate withdrawal from professional-level Battlefield 2 8 on 8. This is due to various reasons, the primary one being the upcoming game changes announced and confirmed by EA Games, with the developer and publisher of the game seemingly wishing to disrupt all that has become the everyday life of a clan player.

Playing on a high level requires vast amounts of time, and if the developer constantly attempts to destroy all that is appreciated, all motivation is quenched. This has happened to such a degree that it is no longer possible to keep playing at the level the clan has set out to play at.

For codeseven there is but one way, to try the hardest to be the best there is. With players lacking motivation, this isn't possible.

The intention of codeseven is to stay together as a team, and
1) Take a break from top-level 8 on 8 gaming.
2) Investigate possible other games to engage in, and
3) Keep playing at small events, play cups and tournaments, to the extent it is possible.

Once again, the intention of codeseven is not to split up, but after the last 7 or so months of constant gaming, a break is needed. If the players regain their motivation, either due to EA finally listening to the community, or just due to finding the love for the game again, codeseven will once again reappear. This is as it seems today, slightly unlikely.

Until we meet again, thanks to all teams that has faced us, thanks to all the players that has played with and against us, and a great thanks to all our sponsors,
AKG, Harman International, Harmony Design, & Zalman .

Depending on when a fitting game is launched, it is possible that codeseven may start playing again within a week, a month or half a year. Sit tight in our irc channel, play inf together with us and keep inviting us to various events. We don't intend to stop gaming. The next appearence of codeseven in 8 on 8 will be in a mix-team with dignitas in Stockholm, at Playz, this upcoming weekend, the 27th of may. Come visit us if you feel like it.

Over and out,

Hans "OliT" L. Olofsson
PR-manager & Commander - codeseven.

source
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

xaven wrote:

This is due to various reasons, the primary one being the upcoming game changes announced and confirmed by EA Games, with the developer and publisher of the game seemingly wishing to disrupt all that has become the everyday life of a clan player.

If ... EA finally listen[s] to the community ...  codeseven will once again reappear.
A couple of thoughts
(1)  Regarding the first paragraph above, if one's everyday life is BF2, then perhaps this will be a good thing for them.  Get some sun, date a girl, do something helpful for people in need, etc.
(2)  Regarding the second paragraph above, I thought most people object to EA's changes because they ARE listening to the community.   
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645

OrangeHound wrote:

xaven wrote:

This is due to various reasons, the primary one being the upcoming game changes announced and confirmed by EA Games, with the developer and publisher of the game seemingly wishing to disrupt all that has become the everyday life of a clan player.

If ... EA finally listen[s] to the community ...  codeseven will once again reappear.
A couple of thoughts
(1)  Regarding the first paragraph above, if one's everyday life is BF2, then perhaps this will be a good thing for them.  Get some sun, date a girl, do something helpful for people in need, etc.
(2)  Regarding the second paragraph above, I thought most people object to EA's changes because they ARE listening to the community.   
1 - why do people always have to say 'get a life'? "the everyday life of.." is an expression applying to many people. "the everyday life of an arist is uneventful" for instance, would imply as to what goes on when he is painting - it does not mean he spends 14 hours a day doing so.

2 - EA listen to those who want to fit the game to their (non-existant) abilities rather than adapt themselves.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
OrangeHound

SargeV1.4 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

xaven wrote:

A couple of thoughts
1 - why do people always have to say 'get a life'? "the everyday life of.." is an expression applying to many people. "the everyday life of an arist is uneventful" for instance, would imply as to what goes on when he is painting - it does not mean he spends 14 hours a day doing so.

2 - EA listen to those who want to fit the game to their (non-existant) abilities rather than adapt themselves.
1 - I didn't say "Get a life".  Where did I say that?  I said "perhaps it would be good" to do something different.
2 - Well, that's listening ... you can't please everyone when different groups want different things.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

Yeah but if more than 10,000 people signed a petition to stop the changes, wheres the listening in that? They could of least made the patch optional or able to be set by the servers.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6698|Alaska
werent some of thos players on team9 that got separated?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645

OrangeHound wrote:

1 - I didn't say "Get a life".  Where did I say that?  I said "perhaps it would be good" to do something different.
2 - Well, that's listening ... you can't please everyone when different groups want different things.
"Get some sun, date a girl, do something helpful for people in need, etc."

I think you were actually implying just that, actually

You please those who know what they're talking about - those who have experience and have researched their claims rather than "OMG NERF BLACKHAWKS DEY R 2 POWERFULLL" after having played 2 rounds of Mashtuur
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
niomosy
+26|6681
So, let's see.  They're not withdrawing from BF2, just from 8x8 competition.

Either way, who cares?  Wah, squad changes.  I guess they're deciding that they're not going to try to adapt and overcome. 

I see this as insignificant.
dan500
+57|6839
Dont care..

Last edited by dan500 (2006-05-22 08:34:14)

a fly
+105|6636|The netherlands
the squad changed DESTROY teamwork, and ea is blind to it, if i switch so i can spawn back and HELP me TEAMMATE, isent that a good thing?

i will not mind this change if the spawntime becomes 10 seconds, but if you choose not to spawn a medic has a total of 35 seconds to revive you.... that should make up for the lost squadleader "exploit"
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6744
EA. What a tool.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
There seem to be a lot of people putting the game away but not all lie the blame at EA's door.  At least this bunch don't mention how TK'ing is getting worse.  There arn't the only ones getting fed up, but probably the best there is.  If you do anything long enough you get fed up and de-motivate yourself.

Is it fair to blame EA cos they seem bored?

Perhaps they aren't putting it to sleep but kind of by looking to play other games.

Last edited by 1927 (2006-05-22 08:03:18)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

OrangeHound wrote:

xaven wrote:

A couple of thoughts
Where has anyone ever asked to have squad hopping removed... i havent seen it.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

niomosy wrote:

Either way, who cares?  Wah, squad changes.  I guess they're deciding that they're not going to try to adapt and overcome. 

quite clearly not in a clan and therefore you dont understand how to play in a squad properly.
niomosy
+26|6681

a fly wrote:

the squad changed DESTROY teamwork, and ea is blind to it, if i switch so i can spawn back and HELP me TEAMMATE, isent that a good thing?

i will not mind this change if the spawntime becomes 10 seconds, but if you choose not to spawn a medic has a total of 35 seconds to revive you.... that should make up for the lost squadleader "exploit"
Teamwork?  Meh, it destroyed guys joining my squad to spawn on me, then leave my squad.  Not exactly teamwork.

Besides that, it just means that teams get to use some real teamwork and keep their SL alive to act as a spawn point.  If nothing else, move to 2142 when it comes out so the SL can put out that spawn point beacon and you'll always have a spawn point, so long as the beacon lives.
malarkeycoon
+16|6632|Cardiff
I don't think this squad spawning thing is such a bad idea. As it stands you can rush 1 squad member to a spawn point then get 5 other people instantly spawn on him (or more if they split off into new squads). Its almost impossible to defend against. The theory goes that without the ability to do this squads will have to be more strategic with their attacks. Only time will tell whether this will work...
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6744

niomosy wrote:

a fly wrote:

Teamwork?  Meh, it destroyed guys joining my squad to spawn on me, then leave my squad.  Not exactly teamwork.

Besides that, it just means that teams get to use some real teamwork and keep their SL alive to act as a spawn point.  If nothing else, move to 2142 when it comes out so the SL can put out that spawn point beacon and you'll always have a spawn point, so long as the beacon lives.
It destroys stategy/tactics in clan games.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-22 08:06:27)

OrangeHound

SargeV1.4 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

"Get some sun, date a girl, do something helpful for people in need, etc."

I think you were actually implying just that, actually
Nope ... if I were to "imply" that, the I would be saying that I also need to get a life (and I don't like to criticize myself ).  If I wanted to say "get a life", I wouldn' t have objected to your statement in the first place, now would I?  Nor would I have responded for a second time.
niomosy
+26|6681

Vilham wrote:

niomosy wrote:

quite clearly not in a clan and therefore you dont understand how to play in a squad properly.
"Proper".

Apparently your definition of "proper" isn't the same as EA/Dice's.  Theirs wins

And, yes, I do know how clans use it.  I've played on a number of clan servers in squads with many of these clan members.  I've been one that uses it in squad play.   It doesn't really change my opinion.  Adapt and overcome.  If you're complaining that this will destroy teamwork, it's time to re-evaluate your definition of teamwork.  Teamwork will now entail keeping the SL alive as well.

Last edited by niomosy (2006-05-22 08:12:04)

alpinestar
+304|6588|New York City baby.
lol @ the best team

fucking ahhahahha World's too hahahahha

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-05-22 08:11:14)

niomosy
+26|6681

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

niomosy wrote:

a fly wrote:

Like I said, it encourages teamwork.  You'll actually have to care about keeping the SL alive.  The rotating SL thing just makes it easier to avoid that type of teamwork.  Those clans that adjust to the new squad tactics are the ones that are going to win.  Nothing's constant except change.
OrangeHound

Vilham wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

xaven wrote:

A couple of thoughts
Where has anyone ever asked to have squad hopping removed... i havent seen it.
There was nothing in my post about squad hopping, though I recognize that the original post is likely objecting to squad hopping.  I was making a generic reply to EA's behavior in the past.

1.  People complained about air power ... so it is nerfed by EA
2.  People complained about mines & claymores killing friendlies ... so FF was turned off for those weapons by EA
3.  People complained about sniper rifles being inaccurate, so EA made them more accurate.
4.  People complained about the PKM being too powerful, so it got nerfed a little in the last patch.

Four examples of EA listening to the community ... .

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-05-22 08:14:16)

vjs
+19|6763
Most of the good teams do it.

Everyonce in a while I'm on a good squad we are all talking, basically squad leader leaves and comes back to the squad. Someone else is promoted to squad leader and the group stays together.

When you can actually co-ordinate this you really really do well as a squad and the other team can't really hold flags.

But of course the squad leader has to hide and not die that often.

---------------------------------

If you want to see the changes just wait for the next patch.

Of course EA doesn't realize for everything they try to stop something else starts. I forsee alot more tank whoring and baseraping.

Squad leader basically sits a ways away from a flag in an APC tank. IF you die spawn back on Squad leader and jump out.

Only problem... going to be alot of TK'ing for that tank or APC. This will totally kill the game, but then again that's what EA wants.

I can almost bet you that 2142 will have a different type of "squad hopping" they are already talking about a squad leader set spawn point. Which "I bet" the squad leader will be able to spawn on if dead, the ultimate in squad hop.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6744

niomosy wrote:

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

niomosy wrote:

Like I said, it encourages teamwork.  You'll actually have to care about keeping the SL alive.  The rotating SL thing just makes it easier to avoid that type of teamwork.  Those clans that adjust to the new squad tactics are the ones that are going to win.  Nothing's constant except change.
Does that mean that clans who win  are exploiters? They win because they know how to play. And EA is basically saying "They win too much... People who lose are whining. It's some sort of exploit, let's nerf it..."
*sigh*

Nerf the planet heh?

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-22 08:17:36)

niomosy
+26|6681

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

niomosy wrote:

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Does that mean that clans who win  are exploiters? They win because they know how to play. And EA is basically saying "They win too much... People who lose are whining. It's some sort of exploit, let's nerf it..."
*sigh*
Exploiters?  Not really.  It means that clans that won were using the mechanics of the game at that time.  The mechanics are changing.  It may be time for clans to adjust their tactics to keep winning as well.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other about the rotating SL thing.  I certainly wasn't someone complaining about it.  I've made my fair use of it but I'm not going to really be bothered by its loss.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard