1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5987|Blue Mountain State
https://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57221000/jpg/_57221427_jex_1259368_de27-1.jpg

Iran has put an American drone on display on state television after it crashed earlier this week.
The two-minute video shows the craft with men in military uniform examining it.

The US has confirmed it lost control of the drone, which it is believed was being used for the surveillance of nuclear facilities in Tehran.

Iranian officials said they had brought the RQ-170 Sentinel down with an electronic attack, but that claim was rejected by Washington.

In the footage, the drone appears to be mostly intact, meaning sensitive American technology is now in Iranian hands.

Officials are believed to be concerned that scientists may be able to discover the chemical composition of the radar-detecting paint it uses, and also the optics system which allows for clear views from tens of thousands of feet.

Pentagon officials have so far refused to officially comment on the incident.

The Sentinel, which has been used in Afghanistan for several years, was also deployed to monitor Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan during the raid which killed the al Qaeda figurehead.

For the filming, the Iranians placed a modified American flag by the craft with the stars replaced by skulls.

Alongside that was a banner with a quote from Iran's late supreme leader, Ayatollah Rouhollah Khomeini, which said: "The US cannot do a damn thing."

The incident comes as America leads several other nations in pushing for stronger sanctions against Tehran.
Oh well.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

skulls as stars

should really have explosive placed in when it takes off for flight then removed once landed ...... but hindsight is 20/20
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6567|Hungary
Reminds me on the Balkan wars when a Hungarian shot down the "undestroyable" stealth fighter.
So its a big lol
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6300|Washington St.
Rumors are they might sell it to China. Well good thing things haven't got worse with them and us and we haven't massed troops in someplace closer to them like Austral-

oh wait.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

pirana6 wrote:

Rumors are they might sell it to China. Well good thing things haven't got worse with them and us and we haven't massed troops in someplace closer to them like Austral-

oh wait.
Australia is close to China? What the fuck have you been smoking. Have you also missed the hundreds of thousand of US troops in Japan and Korea?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6300|Washington St.

Cybargs wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

oh wait.
Australia is close to China? What the fuck have you been smoking. Have you also missed the hundreds of thousand of US troops in Japan and Korea?
closeR. I didn't say close. You have seen a globe before yes? And it's about boxing them in. Surrounding them...

Read the news sometime.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

pirana6 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

oh wait.
closeR. I didn't say close. You have seen a globe before yes? And it's about boxing them in. Surrounding them...

Read the news sometime.
Yeah a force of 2500 marines is gonna make a real difference amirite. Australia's already an ally of the US, not like its a completely new alliance. Amassing troops in Australia doesn't have anything to do with China, but if theres a sudden increase in Japan it is.

Posting troops in Taiwan would be a completely different issue.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
this is what you get when you act as if you can lord it over the earth and do just what the fuck you want

reminds me of this video:

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

venom6 wrote:

Reminds me on the Balkan wars when a Hungarian shot down the "undestroyable" stealth fighter.
So its a big lol
Nobody ever claimed it was "undestroyable". What was a Hungarian doing there, anyway? Research "golden bb."

As for the OP, the RQ-170 isn't yellow. And came down fro above 50k feet. Sooo...

Fake. Model built from pics pulled off the interwebz.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6680|UK
ermmm he US have confirmed it lost the drone while snooping around and generally not respecting borders/airspace etc etc
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

FEOS wrote:

venom6 wrote:

So its a big lol
Nobody ever claimed it was "undestroyable". What was a Hungarian doing there, anyway? Research "golden bb."

As for the OP, the RQ-170 isn't yellow. And came down fro above 50k feet. Sooo...

you mean like the badass iranian rockets and f14s?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

FEOS wrote:

venom6 wrote:

So its a big lol

the us have already confirmed they lost a drone. maybe read the fucking op?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Cybargs wrote:

FEOS wrote:

venom6 wrote:

So its a big lol

you mean like the badass iranian rockets and f14s?
It has been confirmed by the U.S. The only dispute is on why it fell.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725
I doubt a drone fell out of the sky in perfect condition.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6232|Escea

Cybargs wrote:

A communications error and then empty fuel tanks will do it. It happened with that Phobos rocket the Russians launched recently.
hocSiciliano
+6|4562|New York

Cybargs wrote:

Yea I have a hard time believing this. I believe the article said it was flying at some 150,000 feet (i think), it seems very unlikely that it went untouched, who knows though, crazier things have happened I guess.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6680|UK
An elite Iranian electronics warfare crew apparently took it over midflight, yeahhhh i'll go with malfunction.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

m3thod wrote:

An elite Iranian electronics warfare crew apparently took it over midflight, yeahhhh i'll go with malfunction.
you mean the same elite iranian EWAR crew who allowed 60% of Iran's computers to be infected with stuxnet
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
cybargs, the thing is with stuxnet... is that it can fuck pretty much anyone. if the israelis used stuxnet in the west it would still fuck us as hard. stuxnet represents a frightening new level of electronic/cyber-warfare that has opened a whole potential can of worms for world security. i wouldn't say being badly affected by a brand new, incredibly intricate form of computer warfare means that iran are a bunch of backwards goat-herders. you could use the same thing on a power station in the UK and we'd be fucked, too.
Lipschitz
+1|4535|Upstate New York
Maybe the U.S. Government wanted it to fall into Iranian hands.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

There are news stories about DoD computers getting comprised every few months. Hell, in the early days random hackers were able to do it pretty famously.

It is just like every other means of causing damage- a matter of will power.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6724|US
Apparently, going lost comm is a big issue for UAVs...
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
You would think they had programmed in some sort of failsafe like an auto-pilot or self-destruct sequence in something that should stay "classified" suddently malfunctioned and lost connection/control..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Lipschitz
+1|4535|Upstate New York
The article I read last night said Obama was given three choices:

1. Send a special forces team to capture the aircraft.

2. Send a special forces team to destroy the aircraft.

3. Send an airstrike to destroy the aircraft.

He refused all three options as they would be seen as an act of war.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England

FloppY_ wrote:

You would think they had programmed in some sort of failsafe like an auto-pilot or self-destruct sequence in something that should stay "classified" suddently malfunctioned and lost connection/control..
Knowing the US military they would program in an auto-land function and attempt to recover it afterwards because they are expensive. It probably wouldn't dawn on them that someone might beat them to it - over confidence.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard