*starts to raise hand, lowers it after reading the post6%6% - 9
I came from Bad Company0%0% - 0
I'm from 1942 and/or DC, kid30%30% - 40
Complementary "other" and "spam" option0%0% - 1
Total: 133
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

Bought BF2 commander editition (came with a headset) while on vacation in Denmark the day it was released, started playing it early August when we got home ... so as close to the start as I could and before the first patch ...

Tbh ... BF2 in 2005 was a far superior game to what BF3 is today ... just my 2 cents
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y
2 of my friends got it the day it came out. i was ranked in the top 20 on xbl on tiger woods 05 at the time, so i would just grind that while they were playing bf2. a couple weeks into it, i became more and more interested in bf2 because they were playing it nonstop and it looked like a ton of fun. my first few times playing i would just go gp30 and camp people walking into the little fenced area by hotel on karkand (i thought i was so 1337). i then went on to become addicted quite hard and have played over 3000 hrs of bf2. my friend also used to play 1942 and vietnam, but i only played those a handful of times
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6837|Germany / Saxony
I played from release 2 or 2,5 years every day BF2 until 3star-general... then I stopped gaming and when I started again, I went back to cod-series, which I was playing before BF2... and now: BF3 or MW3?? I'm back at BF...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6629|Wigan. Manchester. England.
I joined bf2 back in 2006, played religiously for a year or two...until I got a job and life lol.

anticipated bf3, well since it was ever mentioned..nowhere near the level bf2 was at but I'm still enjoying it.

miss these forums and the bants we used to have!
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

Played BF2 since July 2005, joined this site around the same time. It looked a lot different back then. Anyone else remember the short lived cartoon logo on the white background?
Safrguns
+105|6123
Safrguns is back!  Missed you guys!

Safrguns
+105|6123
OH...  I started playing BF2 late in 2005.  Did my first video in 2007.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

Safrguns wrote:

Safrguns is back!  Missed you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw53TsQ7Tec
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6701

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

How many of you guys played BF2 from release?  I don't know if any of you guys remember me; I started playing way back when the game first came out and left after the patches screwed the game over a few years later.  Does anyone remember the days of blackhawk squads getting triple points of anyone else on a server, or the insane bunny hopping and noob toobing?   I heard a few more patches have come out and fixed some things and added some maps (too little too late sadly). 

Anyways, we got some BF2 vets in the house?  And how do you guys feel about BF3?  I'm getting a BF2:SF feel from it more than vanilla.  That's not a bad thing I suppose, but I wish they would bring back a few more of the old BF2 maps like Dragon Valley.  That was my favorite.

Anyhoo, if anyone is here I used to play with, feel free to contact me and we can try to get some games going on BF3
hai venggieee <3
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
twiistaaa
+87|6661|mexico
i'm from codename eagle.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5970|Blue Mountain State
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
baggs
+732|6197
Started playing in late '05 iirc, i had bought a new PC and my friend gave me a copy of BF2 as a gift, my first ever round was on Dragon Valley

I miss the game, very much.
TravisC555
+118|6211|Cox Convention Center, OK
Started the series with 1942. Played BF2 since the day the demo came out. Stopped playing around Nov '09.
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
Started in 2006, so only a year out

Last edited by Kez (2011-11-28 04:23:19)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
hi kerry

has anyone ever told you you have a girls name?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4546|Always Sunny in Philadelphia
has anyone ever told you that you look like a girl?
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6737|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Back in the day l played 1942 and had a brief dabble at DC before l got hold of bf2. I remember it took bloody ages to get that first unlock before they patched it.
First unlock the medics SA-80 and l felt rather special cutting around being one of the few with an unlocked weapon.

Must admit l am enjoying BF3 and l am looking forward to seeing the BF2 maps appear again.

Last edited by The_Guardsman (2011-11-28 10:51:27)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone
Played BF1942, BFV and BF2. Played each for many hundred hours and loved them all.

Then the BF franchise took a massive dump on it self and I have not bought a game since.
Entertayner
+826|6563

Old skool. You can't beat the Blackhawk rape of early BF2 patches.
thepilot91
+64|6228|Åland!

Entertayner wrote:

Old skool. You can't beat the Blackhawk rape of early BF2 patches.
BH and f35 maybe ½ year ago

BH after 1.5 rapes fuckloads

edit: forgot link lol

https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/thepilot91/pwn-3.png

Last edited by thepilot91 (2011-12-02 12:59:10)

=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6182|Bay Area, CA
I played all BF games - 1942 with all exp. packs, vietnam, dc, bf2 with all exp. packs - all from the day of release. Don't really consider bc2 a true bf game but played that also.

I mostly played bf2 though. Right up until the end. Played in CAL, TWL, TGL and had great times. I really got my money's worth from BF2.

My very last round of BF2. I think this was the day before BF3 went live. Funny...it ended up being my best round score by 1 point over my previous best round.

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6038/6337783828_420aecda35_b.jpg

I developed a style that isn't working so well in BF3 though. I am starting to get used to it though and learning to camp it up more than charging into the fray. I'm liking BF3 a lot though it desperately needs more and better maps.

Last edited by =6thAD=KJ43 (2011-12-06 08:53:40)

gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y
>cal,twl,tgl
>best round 223

NISH........
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445
|TOP|KingLou

The original A10 jock....reporting in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzCPw-cZ … ture=inbox

Made this specifically for a |TOP| video that I don't think ever quite made it to "full production."   This wasn't a compilation video of my "best kills."  It was one round, stole the A10 from the other team....kept it the whole round.....60+ kills, no deaths...every "scene" is a legitimate kill......very pissed off and "chat box" vocal opposite team. 

Of course, Armored Fury came in a bit after the original BF2 release.....and I played BF2 long before AF.....but really got into the A10 for some reason.  Mostly because I love the A10 in real life, and everyone bitched about how underpowered and useless it was....there was a very strong part of me that wanted that to not be true.  I wanted the A10 in BF2 to be like my image of it in real life......unstoppable death from the sky.  So much that it motivated me to learn how to use it that way.  It was easy to get seat time too, because most players had already written it off and would let it sit.  After learning the A10 in and out, I decided to write a 3 part tutorial for this site, which was published to the Wiki section.....and surprisingly, not long after, I found competition for getting into the cockpit took a big jump.  Also, it was interesting to see in the servers I spent the most time, the regular players would take notice that "spotting" armor was like calling in a personal airstrike.  The more I played....the more teamwork seemed to improve.  I'm not trying to pat myself on the back (maybe a little) but I just know where I really came into my own in this game, and I like to think that in some small way, I left a lasting mark on what I consider to be the greatest game I've ever played (bitch all you want about effed up patches and shit being nerfed, the fact is, if BF2 wasn't amazing....we wouldn't give a shit how 'nerfed' it got).

KiL

Last edited by FeedUsYourFetus (2011-12-06 21:22:34)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Define around....
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Got BF2 free with pizza, some time around 2006/7 I think.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard