mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

I guess what he's trying to say is that everyone should use the exact same overpowered weapons/attachments so that it will be balanced because everyone is using them.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6788|Great Brown North
that peak map, grand bazaar, and lately metro... starting to get infested with them. really starting to get annoying when you go around a corner and die in a hail of explosions
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5962

mtb0minime wrote:

I guess what he's trying to say is that everyone should use the exact same overpowered weapons/attachments so that it will be balanced because everyone is using them.
Hell no, if anything that's what players like you create. You fail to realise/accept that certain weapons and attachments are better suited for different situations.

Because people like you constantly moan that something is too powerful, blinds to easily, doesn't kill easily enough, it will eventually mean that all guns will act the same, regardless of situation.

(Granted that will never happen, as, unlike many BF players, the devs are not completely fucking stupid.)
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Players like me?

I use a variety of weapons and don't have any huge issues with any of them. That doesn't stop me from realizing that the game is far from perfectly balanced.

I mentioned one negative tweak to stingers/IGLA, which was completely unnecessary.

Not sure where all my constant moaning of everything being too powerful, weak, etc., is.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Hell no, if anything that's what players like you create. You fail to realise/accept that certain weapons and attachments are better suited for different situations.

Because people like you constantly moan that something is too powerful, blinds to easily, doesn't kill easily enough, it will eventually mean that all guns will act the same, regardless of situation.

(Granted that will never happen, as, unlike many BF players, the devs are not completely fucking stupid.)
No scope is better than IRNV, in any situation. It is 100% the best scope 100% of the time.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6141|Scotland!

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

they let the game go live with stupid tactical lights, IRNV scopes that have no real disadvantage, game breaking bugs, no competitive features, only one game mode worth playing.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6614|Greenwood, IN
Its funny that you mention competitive because I got into a bit of argument with some about that exact topic.  I don't think this game is competitive at all or hard to play.  He thought otherwise.  For some reason he thought because they hold competitions and have ladders that the game is competitive.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5962

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

they let the game go live with stupid tactical lights, IRNV scopes that have no real disadvantage, game breaking bugs, no competitive features, only one game mode worth playing.
I don't know what sort of experience you've had, but it's certainly not the same as mine.

Is it because you die more times than you are able to kill?

Last edited by Pure_Beef_68 (2011-11-23 13:33:32)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

"Do you get killed more times than you die?"
"...perfectly balanced..."

We need to start a separate thread with amazing BF3 quotes.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5962

mtb0minime wrote:

Just when i though i had deleted that in time... Either way, there is still no need to moan so much about this game.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Just when i though i had deleted that in time... Either way, there is still no need to moan so much about this game.
If there's anything I'd like to moan about for weeks on end, it's the maps.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5962

mtb0minime wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

If there's anything I'd like to moan about for weeks on end, it's the maps.
Do you like this game?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Sometimes.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6141|Scotland!

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

I don't know what sort of experience you've had, but it's certainly not the same as mine.

Is it because you die more times than you are able to kill?
If I died more times than i was able to kill, I'd strap a TAC light and IRNV scope to my USAS 12 and go wild with explosive rounds, and I'd be back on par with players with brains and skill.

That's why the dev team are completely fucking stupid.
Roc18
`
+655|5799|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

They'e trying to be like COD and appeal to console idiots. The amount that they're trying to help bad players is amazing,

Making it so shooting makes you show up on the minimap except with a suppressor (just like in COD) thing

3d spotting

Infantry Health Regen

Vehicle Health Regeneration / Disable

All these ridiculous unlocks (IRNV is the prime example)

145 fucking ranks and ribbons for doing nothing every round (I joined a server for 2 seconds before the round ended and got a conquest winner and conquest ribbon, 400 points for doing nothing except joining the server)

So those 12 year old kids with ADD with have instant gratification every round with every little unlock and ribbon for doing something constantly for 5 minutes that will make them keep playing.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

Roc18 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

They'e trying to be like COD and appeal to console idiots. The amount that they're trying to help bad players is amazing,

Making it so shooting makes you show up on the minimap except with a suppressor (just like in COD) thing

3d spotting

Infantry Health Regen

Vehicle Health Regeneration / Disable

All these ridiculous unlocks (IRNV is the prime example)

145 fucking ranks and ribbons for doing nothing every round (I joined a server for 2 seconds before the round ended and got a conquest winner and conquest ribbon, 400 points for doing nothing except joining the server)

So those 12 year old kids with ADD with have instant gratification every round with every little unlock and ribbon for doing something constantly for 5 minutes that will make them keep playing.
It didn't work.  They are back on MW3 and loving it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6278

Ilocano wrote:

Meanwhile on the PC: http://www.gamestat.co.uk/#tabs-2

(I notice the numbers have dropped noticeably since the patch)

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-11-23 14:01:56)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Meanwhile on the PC: http://www.gamestat.co.uk/#tabs-2
PC + MW3?    Consoles + kids = MW3.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

Who gives a shit about whether MW3 or BF3 is more popular? They both fucking suck. No matter how much people try to pretend battlefield is a better series, the last game has turned exactly into call of duty.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4976|Dundee, Scotland.

Macbeth wrote:

Who gives a shit about whether MW3 or BF3 is more popular? They both fucking suck. No matter how much people try to pretend battlefield is a better series, the last game has turned exactly into call of duty.
it hasn't, for me at least. I've got both MW3 and BF3, can say BF3 is FAR better than MW3, it's, imo, captured BF2. It's not as good as BF2 was back in the day, but it's a fucking brilliant game.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

I'm so tempted to go off on a rant about how BF3 has not captured BF2 at all, mainly because of how shitty these maps are. It's not brilliant, sorry. Just wait for the "holy shit, new game!" factor to wear off. Trust me.
Roc18
`
+655|5799|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
It has the potential to. If they'd fix up the contrast, crap maps by BF2 standards, UI/Interface, Got rid of some of the unlocks like IRNV/Tactical light, got rid of 3d spotting, got rid of basically all the shit i mentioned earlier catering to bad players then they'd have a game that would be on par with BF2.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Thankfully 3d spotting, regenerative healing, etc. is possible to turn off, just gotta find the right server.

I agree that it has potential, but there's a lot of shit that needs fixing and tweaking. But still, even after they've tweaked and fixed everything they can, a huge foundation of it all: the maps we play on, are complete shit.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

Roc18 wrote:

If they'd fix up the contrast, crap maps by BF2 standards, UI/Interface, Got rid of some of the unlocks like IRNV/Tactical light, got rid of 3d spotting, got rid of basically all the shit i mentioned earlier catering to bad players then they'd have a game that would be on par with BF2.
1. Fix graphics
2. Make better maps
3. Make a better interface
4. Get rid of a bunch of the unlocks
5. Get rid of 3d spotting
6-∞ all the other shit he mentioned earlier

I agree. If only they redesigned 3/4 fourths of the game could it be on par with a game that came out 6 years ago.
gurdeep
­
+812|4763|proll­y
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard