*starts to raise hand, lowers it after reading the post6%6% - 9
I came from Bad Company0%0% - 0
I'm from 1942 and/or DC, kid30%30% - 40
Complementary "other" and "spam" option0%0% - 1
Total: 133
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6702|Antarctica
How many of you guys played BF2 from release?  I don't know if any of you guys remember me; I started playing way back when the game first came out and left after the patches screwed the game over a few years later.  Does anyone remember the days of blackhawk squads getting triple points of anyone else on a server, or the insane bunny hopping and noob toobing?   I heard a few more patches have come out and fixed some things and added some maps (too little too late sadly). 

Anyways, we got some BF2 vets in the house?  And how do you guys feel about BF3?  I'm getting a BF2:SF feel from it more than vanilla.  That's not a bad thing I suppose, but I wish they would bring back a few more of the old BF2 maps like Dragon Valley.  That was my favorite.

Anyhoo, if anyone is here I used to play with, feel free to contact me and we can try to get some games going on BF3
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

You were a part of TOP. I also remember that someone pid spoofed your account and left it on a warlord parachute spawn.

I got in at 1.41 in 07.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5470|Ventura, California
I got BF2 pretty late, around 2006 I believe. It was after blackhawks were patched and whatnot. It was a fantastic game but I was never too good at it until I got older. I was 12 when I started playing, and I always had a positive K/D and was good with teamwork but never to the extent later on in the game. Always freaking top of pub scoreboards, and I'm not usually one to brag but I'll make video games an exception, I was awesome at BF2 a few years older (~15 to 17)

<3 Mashtuur, Karkand, Fushee Pass, & Wake
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US
Yep.  I got it pretty early on.  Back in the days of them playing with the ranking system, AA buffs and nerfs left and right, and Blackhawk miniguns of doom.

...I think they might have been confused, and accidentally created 40mm miniguns!

(I started on BF:V though.)

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2011-11-12 22:45:04)

pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6402|Earth
Played a whole lot of BF2 back in the day, did a bunch sniping and basically only played 24/7 Karkand IO. I seem to recall getting a good bit of hate for all that nonsense. BF3 is great, definitely hooked. Can't get enough.
Signature
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6524|London (At Heart)

Sup, can we bring TOP back?

Oh and yeah I played from release day, I do miss the Blackhawk fun

Last edited by Shem (2011-11-13 04:33:56)

UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6685|"The Empire"
yeah i started early, and I remember you and TOP with Butler as well. I remember you also having the most negative karma when they did it on here. Fun times.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5747|شمال
I'm from 1942 DC, kid
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
I definitely started before the first patch, which is good enough.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5750|Roma
Started playing bf1942 and dc since release, then moved on to AA and then got convinced by a friend of mine to play bf2, it was like in between 2006 and 2007.
I hated bf2 at first when i was playing AA.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!
was there pretty much from the beginning , altho , I hadn't gotten internet before 1.2 or something like that , played alot ALOT at freezers place.

I pretty much enjoy bf3 but I'd like to see some changes and ALOT of bugfixes , and am looking foward to release of the karkand package
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
I remember the days when the Blackhawk squad ruled Mashtuur with an iron fist.

You could feel the wave of death approaching your newly captured flag, then watch from the spawn screen while they took the flag in 5 seconds, dropping mines, raining grenades, destroying any opposition with the fearsome miniguns, then watch as it turned around, heading for the next flag the enemy had dared to take.

Also I voted DC because that was my introduction to the series.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
i play on the original a couple of months after launch because i was like 14 and had no idea what a patch was. there was like 1 ranked server always full and like 30 unranked.

so yeah i played my fair share of original (when i didnt really have to)
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto
Played for about 2 weeks before the patch was launched. Good times in the BH.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6789|Jupiter
I'm from 1942 and/or DC, kid
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6689
I played BF2 from release day (+1or2maybe). I played 42 after all the expansion packs were out I think. BFV from release.

e: What's it like in Antarctica?

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-11-13 08:29:08)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6555|Hungary
When the demo came out in 2005 i started playing until i got the full version in May 2006. Since then i bought and played every expansion.
I said NO to BF 2142 and to the rest like bad company and other shit.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

Beduin wrote:

I'm from 1942 DC, kid
this
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6702|Antarctica

RAIMIUS wrote:

Yep.  I got it pretty early on.  Back in the days of them playing with the ranking system, AA buffs and nerfs left and right, and Blackhawk miniguns of doom.

...I think they might have been confused, and accidentally created 40mm miniguns!

(I started on BF:V though.)
Yeah woops, I forgot about BF:V in my poll

Shem wrote:

Sup, can we bring TOP back?

Oh and yeah I played from release day, I do miss the Blackhawk fun
Some of us still play BF3 together: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/pl … 978023091/

But its not the same as it used to be.  I've found tanks to be the most fun thing for teamwork in BF3, especially once you get the third turret position.  You can run a nice squad in that, unless you are on a city map where the mortar spammers will WTF pwn your repair guys.

Superior Mind wrote:

What's it like in Antarctica?
Roast penguin is quite delicious.

And yeah apparently I lost my BF2 accounts, my original VeNg3nCe^ name got buggered after my stats were reset, and my alt someone stole my password

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2011-11-13 12:06:02)

Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

I started with 1942, then played BF2 since it's release, kinda quit it after 200+ hours (I got bored, patches screwed the game, can't stand the hitreg), played 2142 for a bit, then I got a 360. Played BC2 for awhile, now I'm onto BF3.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

I started with the BF1942 Wake Island demo, I'm from way back.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6806|Marathon, Florida Keys
Hey vengeance long time no see homie. I might get this game in a few weeks ill let you know. You still hang with Nexar? I wanna get the gang back together to fuck shit up and get our name back. I miss the days of smurfs making threads about us lol..
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
hexify
+5|5347|Canada
BF2 vanilla, since 05'.
BF3 is pretty lame.
Anything post-BF2142 is the plague that has ruined the BF series.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/eb8872cebb08c046204abcc26a2b5cc159f8e98c.png
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6129|Scotland!

hexify wrote:

BF2 vanilla, since 05'.
BF3 is pretty lame.
Anything post-BF2 is the plague that has ruined the BF series.
fixed
gurdeep
­
+812|4752|proll­y

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Hey vengeance long time no see homie. I might get this game in a few weeks ill let you know. You still hang with Nexar? I wanna get the gang back together to fuck shit up and get our name back. I miss the days of smurfs making threads about us lol..
stories

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard