Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/19950/4.jpg

wtf

Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
Okay, okay, I almost got it. I'm 3/384 off of the answer....

karmas to whomever points out my mistake. it's just algebra..

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/19950/5.jpg

ed: answer is -11/384

Last edited by Bevo (2009-12-02 20:48:01)

SealXo
+309|6526
I'm a photographer for my schools year book. I also do layouts. So I have to call seniors in for their senior section, take their photo and then have htem turn in a survey so we can have an idea about what to write about. Problem is I have to call slip the kids during 2nd and don't actually get to talk to them. I staple the survey to the call slip and give them a week to turn it back into me and come to me to have their picture taken.

Well, half the time I get sports page idiots who never return their shit. I mean, I gave you a week to fill out a few questions. Hell i even gave you my phone number if you need information. So then I have to go to their class, go IN their class, and fucking babysit these idiots and have them do it right there. Then it makes ME look bad because I miss the deadline.

I mean COME ON
WldctARCHe
+9|5348|Kansas
[sin^8(x)/8]+[sin^6(x)/6] {(pi/2) to (3pi/4)}

(-1/128 + 1/48) - (-1/8 + 1/6)
(5/384) - (1/24)
(-11/384) <= ANSWER

That what you're looking for?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

WldctARCHe wrote:

[sin^8(x)/8]+[sin^6(x)/6] {(pi/2) to (3pi/4)}

(-1/128 + 1/48) - (-1/8 + 1/6)
(5/384) - (1/24)
(-11/384) <= ANSWER

That what you're looking for?
yes... thanks -_-

ed: where'd you get -1/128 and 1/48 from? I don't see how with sin(3pi/4) = sqrt2/2

Last edited by Bevo (2009-12-02 23:06:01)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
Got one more... it's due in the morning so if any of the euros have any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm truly at a loss.

The problem is the integral of (X^2 + 2x - 1)/(X^3 - X)
The answer is (according to wolfram) 2(x^3 - x)-(2x^3 + X^2 - 1)ln(X^3 - X) + C

my answer was ln(x/x^2 - 1) + C

a picture of how I tried to/what my work was, it's kind of blurry.

Basically split up the denominator into x, x-1, x+1, set the numerators for A, B, C, solve for A, B, C, separate the integrals and solve. This is the process I should use, but apparently I messed up somewhere.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/19950/6.jpg
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6314|New Haven, CT
It's correct, or close, which you'll see if you differentiate the combined natural log you ascertained.
WldctARCHe
+9|5348|Kansas

Bevo wrote:

where'd you get -1/128 and 1/48 from? I don't see how with sin(3pi/4) = sqrt2/2.
[(sqrt2)/2]^8 = (sqrt2)^8 / 2^8 = 16/256 = 1/16 then divide by 8 = 1/128
and
[(sqrt2)/2)^6 = (sqrt2)^6 / 2^6 = 8/64 = 1/8 then divide by 6 = 1/48
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

WldctARCHe wrote:

Bevo wrote:

where'd you get -1/128 and 1/48 from? I don't see how with sin(3pi/4) = sqrt2/2.
[(sqrt2)/2]^8 = (sqrt2)^8 / 2^8 = 16/256 = 1/16 then divide by 8 = 1/128
and
[(sqrt2)/2)^6 = (sqrt2)^6 / 2^6 = 8/64 = 1/8 then divide by 6 = 1/48
derp! I forgot to re-divide. Thanks.

Also as im about to head to class, if you're still here could you glance over the other problem I posted? <3333
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Hmm, trying to find the time it takes for a capacitor to reach 1% of it's original charge when discharged through a 100 ohm resistor. It was charged with a 30 volt voltage supply. The capacity is 3.5mF.

I'm using the equation Q(t) = Q0 * e-t/RC

so I get Q(t) / Q0 = e-t/RC

Q(t) / Q0 = 0.01 since I'm looking for 1% of the original charge

Therefore

ln (0.01) = -t/RC

so -t = ln(0.01) x RC

-t = -1.61 seconds
t = 1.61 seconds

But the answer says 13.2 seconds, is the answer wrong (has happened on numerous occasions) or am I doing something wrong?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
I get 1.61 too.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Assuming wrong answer in the book then, thanks.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6697|67.222.138.85
Looks like you're right to me. I tried to see if they actually used 35mF but it came out to 16.something.

I mean the cap is fairly big considering the load resistor, but 13.2 seconds? Seems like a long time.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
It would take 13ish second to get to 1E-17% of it's original value. lewl
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6182|14072
Well, I have an essay due tomorrow for a pointless inquiry class. The professor gave us all different questions to write an essay on and my question is "Is it cost efficient to reduce energy waste?". Well of course it is, but I need 3 arguments, I have two so far and I can't think of a 3rd one, little help please?
Brasso
+1,549|6621

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

Well, I have an essay due tomorrow for a pointless inquiry class. The professor gave us all different questions to write an essay on and my question is "Is it cost efficient to reduce energy waste?". Well of course it is, but I need 3 arguments, I have two so far and I can't think of a 3rd one, little help please?
a good start would be listing your two arguments so we dont reiterate them
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6182|14072
aye, for the first argument I was going to do something along the macroeconomic lines, saying that an economy is better off in the long run if you invest in capital or technology.

Second argument is the law of supply and demand.. people using energy, the more wasted energy, demanding more

edit: I can't think of anything for a 3rd one.. and if you could tell me if those two are total shit, they probably are. I have no interest in this kind of stuff.

Last edited by Runs_with_sciss0rs (2009-12-08 20:04:50)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6636
I have a question 2: I asked some other people this too. When writing a research paper, how much content content would you include quotes from other people and such compared yo your own thoughts and so on? How would you go about it provide a quote then explain it or explain some stuff then provide a quote to back it up or to lead it to a new direction. Right now the thing Im doing I have tons of quotes because Im unfamiliar with some of stuff. So any advice and ideas are welcome. Thx
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6314|New Haven, CT
Social benefit is an easy one to use for the third argument. Just say the wasteful processes incur a large social cost that would be reduced were they made more efficient, and naturally that this is a good thing for society.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6182|14072

nukchebi0 wrote:

Social benefit is an easy one to use for the third argument. Just say the wasteful processes incur a large social cost that would be reduced were they made more efficient, and naturally that this is a good thing for society.
Awesome, thank you so much. What do you think of my 2 arguments though are they strong? or should I think of something better?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6645

blademaster wrote:

I have a question 2: I asked some other people this too. When writing a research paper, how much content content would you include quotes from other people and such compared yo your own thoughts and so on? How would you go about it provide a quote then explain it or explain some stuff then provide a quote to back it up or to lead it to a new direction. Right now the thing Im doing I have tons of quotes because Im unfamiliar with some of stuff. So any advice and ideas are welcome. Thx
Use the quotes sparingly. You don't want this to come off as an amalgam of a bunch of other people's thoughts, this is supposed to be your paper with your voice. Use a quote or two as a base, then dive right in with your own personal thoughts/analysis. Expound on what that someone else said and go into further detail.

Also, you should switch it up with the style. It becomes too predictable/boring if the entire paper is laid out like
So and so said "blah blah". Continuing on this, ...
*next paragraph*
As this person once said, "blah". Furthermore, ...
Have some parts where you use the quote as a base and jump off it, and then have some parts where you draw your own conclusions and if need be, you can throw some results from other people or other quotes to back it up.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683
11-16 page paper on anything you want pertaining to the middle east. Ok go.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

Superior Mind wrote:

11-16 page paper on anything you want pertaining to the middle east. Ok go.
Ask lowing.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6314|New Haven, CT

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Awesome, thank you so much. What do you think of my 2 arguments though are they strong? or should I think of something better?
To be honest, I'd rephrase the first one in terms of societal improvement (i.e. long-term economic growth) being stifled by the waste, and have that follow as an extension of the point I gave you, and use the SD one in terms of lost consumer surplus/welfare (which you can normatively argue as good.) State the SD one first, then present the couplet second, and you'll have the best rhetorical progression.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6162|New Austin, Not
Not for me (for my bro), but does anyone have any idea how to solve question 11? I did my intro over 4 years ago so I don't remember shit.

http://web.uvic.ca/~hschuetz/econ103/solutionsmt2.pdf

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard