TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6438|Brisbane, Australia

The A W S M F O X wrote:

To me it feels like at some point they just pulled everyone off the game and left it 90% unfinished. I'm still doubting if anyone who made BF2 was in the development team.
Really? What exactly is unfinished? The UI is adequate (or the worst thing evarrr if you are on the internet) and I really havent encountered any serious issues playing it at all. I am not trying to be hostile, I am very curious as to what everyone thinks is broken about the game. Basically everyone on the internet has just taken a giant shit on it for, as far as I have noticed, no reason.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

To me it feels like at some point they just pulled everyone off the game and left it 90% unfinished. I'm still doubting if anyone who made BF2 was in the development team.
Really? What exactly is unfinished? The UI is adequate (or the worst thing evarrr if you are on the internet) and I really havent encountered any serious issues playing it at all. I am not trying to be hostile, I am very curious as to what everyone thinks is broken about the game. Basically everyone on the internet has just taken a giant shit on it for, as far as I have noticed, no reason.
Quoted from this thread http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … ening.html

wrote:

Misleading thread title, you are confusing "listening" with DICE simply trying to get BF3 to where it should have been at release date. If they were "listening" we would see things like....

"We are re-evaluating the layout of some of the maps- you know the ones"

"Yea, we know the vehicles need a major buff to make them well, like they should have been"

"Were sorry recon players we are going to un-nuter that class"

"We are looking at how to make the assault class relevant"

"We are re-evaluating moving to 6 squad Members PC and making enough squads availible"

"we really wanted to show off our technology and our lighting effects.....were sorry, we will fix it"

"Sometimes life does not immitate art, contrast will be adjusted"

"we know all the maps are basically 3 designs scalled from small to large, we will get more diversity into the game"

If they were really listening....what would the headlines look like to you?
Not to mention how shitty the minimap and "full map" when I press M looks.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-11-01 02:06:44)

The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5683|SQUID
Well, the server browser is up there, it's not completely awful but I always have dramas with it, it crashes alot as well. The options menu only usable in-game is another thing, the killcam travesty, the fact they only put a barely working commo-rose feature in AT THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND. That for me is a big thing, all this time working on the sequel to BF2 and they had to be reminded to put that in. The squad system is pathetic compared to BF2, 2142 or any BC games. These are the things that make me feel like they just didn't put that extra little something that all the Battlefield games had before it. Every game was an improvement in interface and features. BF3 seems like they took a step back in alot of the key features that made BF2 a really amazing game.

That aside, I really enjoy playing it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it alot more once the Karkand expansion is released. it has alot of things going for it, but I simply take it as a new game and mentally ommit the sequel part and pretend it's "FUTURE COMBAT GAME:3".

tl;dr wheres the pizzaz
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6526|London (At Heart)

I personally don't have many problems with the game, the squad system is lacking but just about does the job it's functional just not as easy to use as it possibly could be, and what's wrong with the vehicles? I'm finding that more and more people are getting the knack of air vehicles and starting to dominate land vehicles more, people weren't going to be flying aces a few days into release
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6438|Brisbane, Australia

I see, I get it a bit more now. I have noticed all those things now I have thought about it but I guess just ignored them because I didn't want to sour my experience I have also just been playing on a couple of favourited servers and before I started doing that the lack of a ping filter/accurate region to search through was a bit annoying. Ended up putting "aus" in the search box which seemed to work.

"Yea, we know the vehicles need a major buff to make them well, like they should have been"

Don't know what the hell this is referring to, people in vehicles get vastly more kills than people not. Jets not bombing everything to shit perhaps? Only ones I would consider not strong. Any time an attack helicopter gets a decent pilot it does very well, AA is borderline overpowered (kills tanks super quick if you get behind one) and tanks themselves are very fun to drive(although not having some of the unlocks could hamper that I suppose).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5683|SQUID
This "VEHICLE DISABLED" thing is weird, I'd hit a T-90 till that came up (2 shots), then hit it another 4 times and it killed me. I know it was being repaired but it made no sense why a disabled, flaming tank can win that engagement.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51
Do they mean by disabled 'can't move anymore' or 'can't do fuck all anymore?' Because if it can still shoot then its not that weird that it won.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Disabled = can't move and will lose health slowly. It can still shoot fine.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6526|London (At Heart)

The A W S M F O X wrote:

This "VEHICLE DISABLED" thing is weird, I'd hit a T-90 till that came up (2 shots), then hit it another 4 times and it killed me. I know it was being repaired but it made no sense why a disabled, flaming tank can win that engagement.
Don't underestimate someone repairing, one person repairing can heal about 90% of the damage you do between shots
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6574|London
I really fucking hate unlocks. Not sure if I can be bothered to endure this game for several hours in order to unlock a decent gun with the cham hack scope that everyone seems to be using.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5683|SQUID

Shem wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Don't underestimate someone repairing, one person repairing can heal about 90% of the damage you do between shots
That is simply ridiculous. You could only do that when you moved behind cover to repair, to be able to be disabled and losing health and win against a moving tank is so retarded hahaha, I'm not complaining though because I will be in tanks a fair bit, but that's seriously fucked up hahaha.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5952

Aries_37 wrote:

I really fucking hate unlocks. Not sure if I can be bothered to endure this game for several hours in order to unlock a decent gun with the cham hack scope that everyone seems to be using.
lol serious? It takes about 1 hour to unlock the M416 - good gun. The m16a3 is pretty bloody good to. In fact, any gun kicks arse if you are good enough
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5683|SQUID
416 is 100x better than M16.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
Join me and my friend's 32 man server. Currently, Caspian D:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se … ss-Server/

Also dead. Trying to populate it again. Usually stays that way til 1-2am

Last edited by FFLink (2011-11-01 06:00:59)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6574|London
I just got the m416. Game is now easymode.

Now to grind up an infrared scope so I can brainafk completely
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
fafggot consoles confirmed as lead platform

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32 … eneral-RSS
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6347|Belfast
I got my PC version in the post yesterday, cancelled my PS3 pre-order since I just didn't want the console version anymore, even when my PC grinded to a halt during the beta.

I wonder if I'll have the heart to install it again after the beta once I get a new HDD

Last edited by henno13 (2011-11-01 07:02:14)

Roc18
`

Aries_37 wrote:

The IRNV scope is good but it's not that great. It's only 1x zoom and is has that annoying sway. I don't know why everyone is calling it a hack scope, scopes are supposed to give you an advantage.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
shift removes the sway.

it really is ridiculously useful, simply because of the massive contrast. actually seeing people can be tricky amongst the light show at times. you react quicker to big bright blob on very dark nondescript background than detailed brown blob on detailed background.

like you can see bits of people sticking out in gaps in walls from decent distances away that you'd have no hope otherwise, simply because of the "hey, look, bright green bit over there!"

Last edited by Spark (2011-11-01 07:08:56)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Roc18
`
Well it gets rid of all the BS lighting and effects that DICE has put in this game, it's so diffcult to see at times, the IRNV gets rid of all of that. In past Battlefield games I wouldn't even use this scope because it was much easier to see everything.

I constantly see it being complained about on forums around the internet, so it will probably get nerfed eventually. I have it unlocked for basically every assault rifle so far except the F2000 which i'm working on today.
FFLink
There is.
What's the deal with the M4 and the M4A1? I assume their stats are linked, but why not just have 3 fire modes for the one gun, instead of two guns?

I like it, anyhow. IRNV and Bipod is great for running in and holding a flag while you cap it.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

FFLink wrote:

What's the deal with the M4 and the M4A1? I assume their stats are linked, but why not just have 3 fire modes for the one gun, instead of two guns?

I like it, anyhow. IRNV and Bipod is great for running in and holding a flag while you cap it.
Neck-beards freaked the fuck out at the firing modes on the M16 and M4 in the beta. Originally it was the M4A1 and M16A4 and they both could do both auto and burst. Neckbeards were all like "SO UNREALISDICK!" so DICE made them two wepon.
FFLink
There is.
What a waste of an unlock.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN

Aries_37 wrote:

Not at range.  I smoke most people with my M16 at range.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma

Naturn wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Not at range.  I smoke most people with my M16 at range.
Ak74M + Eotech + Foregrip + Flash Supp is the awesome.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard