Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
it runs pretty well, actually. i have no complaints there as far as visuals:performance goes. but then again my core problem with the game is it over-compensates for its crappy gameplay with lots of visual glitz and pretty distractions. but at least the pretty distractions run well. as with bad company 2 the core weight-shifting in frostbite 2 seems to be done by a processor, so make sure you have an i5 or something and overclock it and you'll be fine. if you want AA and lots of ambient lighting effects then you'll probably need a high-end gpu, sure (which i don't have - ati 6870).
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5932|Somewhere out in Space
with an old i7 920 and a 560ti I can easily run it with everything on high or ultra at 1080p in all the maps, rarely if ever do I slow down.  at least it runs well, almost makes you forget the abhorrent gameplay and terrible UI.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Is cloud syncing even necessary when there's Battlelog? I'm getting annoyed every time that thing pops up.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria

Ryan wrote:

suicide by crashing a helo because of the inverted controls lol
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
seine is a shocking map. think i might uncheck that one. just people camping corners.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
metro on conquest is the way forward.

also Caspian border is giving me artifacts.  awesome.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Spark wrote:

seine is a shocking map. think i might uncheck that one. just people camping corners.
play Metro or Grand Bazaar on 64 player conquest, you aint seen camping like that.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-25 15:20:25)

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma

Spark wrote:

i had fun in that map flanking people.
I went around a corner and found 6 guys all looking at one direction.

It was like that img with the tf2 spy and mw2....
It was beautiful.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Roc18 wrote:

Spark wrote:

play Metro or Grand Bazaar on 64 player conquest, you aint seen camping like that.
i haven't played metro but i have played grand bazaar. it's pretty dodgy but that's just because people don't know the map yet so no one bothers to flank. there is actually some space to move.

seine, on the other hand...

not played metro on cq yet.

oh well. bf2 had its share of shockers too.

Last edited by Spark (2011-10-25 15:27:08)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
metro on conquest: 99.9% of the time devolves into a clusterfuck for the middle flag.  The subway station. 

2 entry points for the commies (escalators & stairs) & 1 entry point for the yanks

It's hilarious.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
right. will probably uncheck that one too, then.
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
none of the maps really grab me. they're either average or "wtf were they thinking".
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
just waiting to play karkand maps before I give up on this game entirely.  Call of Duty might be unimaginative derivative bullshit that is just a giant meeting of scrubs, but at least Activision gets game developers who can release a game that actually works.
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
kharg looks like it has potential.

and ofc there's the bf2 maps which no one's played yet.
~ Richard Feynman
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

just waiting to play karkand maps before I give up on this game entirely.  Call of Duty might be unimaginative derivative bullshit that is just a giant meeting of scrubs, but at least Activision gets game developers who can release a game that actually works.
Tell that to the PC release of Blops... lol, that was unplayably broken... from what I hear it still is for some...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
the only problem i had with black ops was the godawful optimization, i cant speak of the others.  However, it was just fine on the consoles which is more than you can say for BF3.
Sturgeon
+488|4942|Flintshire
What issues are there with BF3?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
why don't you read instead of demanding a retard-friendly list.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
granted I had one great experience in good ol skydivey mappy, parachuting down behind the american lines and singlehandedly wreaking shittons of havoc and lots of embarrassing knife kills on idiot campers before finally going down when the whole team swarmed on me.  Having said that its a shitty conquest map, every battle just ends up clusterfucking somewhere in the tunnel, basically operation Metro's subway with tanks.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
N1 Sturgeon.

Also:
To be honest the thing that bothered me was all the blue triangles cluttering up my screen and that the flag icons were so big.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
you were disconnected from the login server

web-based server joining is great.
Volatile
+252|6705|Sextupling in Empire

Best bug in the game so far; Unlimited mortar rounds.

Find a nice cozy spot on an infantry map and shell the fuck out of anything that is spotted.

The only downside is that once you deploy the mortar you're stuck there the whole round.

Edit: found out you can pick up the mortar by hitting "R" whilst i was spamming ingame chats.

Last edited by Volatile (2011-10-25 19:42:09)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6547

Uzique wrote:

web-based server joining is great.
They actually left it in?

I uninstalled and called it a day during the last beta phase because all I had were fucking problems with it.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
yeah. 'delete your windows host file'. 'clear your ea registry'. 'turn off upnp on your router'. 'turn off your router'. 'reinstall bf3'.

all this because they somehow think it's wise to put all of the server joining into a shitty web-browser. great job.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock

Volatile wrote:

Best bug in the game so far; Unlimited mortar rounds.

Find a nice cozy spot on an infantry map and shell the fuck out of anything that is spotted.

The only downside is that once you deploy the mortar you're stuck there the whole round.
that just means a huge kill streak

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard