chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

getting the preload from origin right now. about 1 hour to go, yay!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

So uh, anyone getting emails about the release date being set to today? Did they do it just so we could get into Battlelog? Haven't tried playing since I'm not at home.

Nvm, turns out it's an error on that part. Still gotta wait til midnight.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2011-10-24 15:46:49)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
wooooo

lez do this
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6607|Greenwood, IN

Thought I would render a video while doing my homework.

Last edited by Naturn (2011-10-24 16:04:25)

Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Why can't 3:00am come any faster? lol

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-24 16:25:56)

Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
you can already unlock if you've preloaded
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Roc18
`

Spark wrote:

you can already unlock if you've preloaded
I know but I dont feel like playing Single Player or laggy multiplayer.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Canal map feels so BF2'ish.  Like it.  But bullets seem to kill just about the same as the Beta.   BF2 medic trains and hitreg hoppers will hate it.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6343|Atlanta, Georgia
Well fuck. A month of addos orders at Camp Blanding this friday... I wont be playing much Bf3 soon
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

Agh, 15 more hours until BF3 will be in my hands!
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

https://www.fantasybattlefield.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=183&d=1319471493
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Roc18
`

tazz. wrote:

There was a tweet by one of the developers today stating that they will improve the commo rose.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-24 16:54:36)

Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
pre day-1 patch so i'd not call this the final product yet/
~ Richard Feynman
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba
Finished the SP, definitely worth doing. Some fantastic detail in there, like the James Bond villain's dream home. It was also nice not having the Russians as the main baddie for once. There were also a couple of RL event references and a dig or two at COD.

Probably took around 5 hours on Normal, which isn't bad for a game where SP is just an added extra.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Waiting eagerly for patch v1.4
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
guns/fov look terrible. half the screen is some gun model. same result as in bc2: movement and viewing looks clunky and inefficient. the sprinting animation and obscuring of half the screen when you turn around just makes the gameplay/gunplay less enjoyable, imo. i don't want half of my screen to be taken up by the same old gun models.

gameplay also looks terrible. either the above players ^ who have posted videos are exceptionally shit @ bf2/bf3, or it seems like everyone is mostly playing this game like an xbox360 bad company title. run around, walk forward and full-auto scope-shoot. lel. some refinement there. what a fine fps game! the gameplay looks exactly like a console game, in that everyone is pretty much sprinting around, seeing an enemy, and just standing (or even worse, walking forwards) whilst scope-unloading. what a snorefest. the only thing that will add a lifespan to game if THAT is how it plays out is the stats/ranking system. same as with bc2. insipid, shitty, skill-less gameplay drawn out by ranking and unlock novelty.

i'll reserve a final lasting judgement until i can possibly play the game myself at some point.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

Uzique wrote:

guns/fov look terrible. half the screen is some gun model. same result as in bc2: movement and viewing looks clunky and inefficient. the sprinting animation and obscuring of half the screen when you turn around just makes the gameplay/gunplay less enjoyable, imo. i don't want half of my screen to be taken up by the same old gun models.

gameplay also looks terrible. either the above players ^ who have posted videos are exceptionally shit @ bf2/bf3, or it seems like everyone is mostly playing this game like an xbox360 bad company title. run around, walk forward and full-auto scope-shoot. lel. some refinement there. what a fine fps game! the gameplay looks exactly like a console game, in that everyone is pretty much sprinting around, seeing an enemy, and just standing (or even worse, walking forwards) whilst scope-unloading. what a snorefest. the only thing that will add a lifespan to game if THAT is how it plays out is the stats/ranking system. same as with bc2. insipid, shitty, skill-less gameplay drawn out by ranking and unlock novelty.

i'll reserve a final lasting judgement until i can possibly play the game myself at some point.
I respect your opinion,

But one does not agree...

Last edited by NeXuS (2011-10-24 17:10:47)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
don't know/care if you're sarcastic or not but i've played enough fps games (incl. bf2) for enough hours at pretty much every varying degree of seriousness/competitivity. i think i represent a very well informed and a pretty well balanced position, nowadays. i hardly have any time to play computer games and i'm just not that interested in some unrealistic 'true' successor to the hardcore pc games of yesteryear... but considering the amount of hype and "herr derr dice have created a true, uncomprimised, pc-loving spiritual successor to bf2" spiel, it should at least deliver SOMETHING. i'm seeing very little. my $0.02. again, don't care if it ain't worth much in your economy.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6208
70FPS on Ultra

https://thesmileyone.co.uk/pc/bf3ULTRA71fps.jpg

and average round
https://thesmileyone.co.uk/pc/killdeath.jpg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
yeah at such an amazing resolution too.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can

Uzique wrote:

That's exactly what it plays like.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

twoblacklines wrote:

70FPS on Ultra

and average round
I get about 60 FPS at 1080 on ultra
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6607|Greenwood, IN
https://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb443/jskilnyk/BattleField%203/bf32011-10-2421-05-33-93.png

Much better.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6476|Foothills of S. Carolina

I will pick up my copy tomorrow, really dont feel like standing in line at Gamestop at midnight just to come home and not be able to play it. Plus, I wont have my 8GB of memory until Wednesday. Not like it will matter, I will still have a 50% or so KDR and take forever to rank up, as usual.
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
fuck me i'm stupid rusty atm
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard