Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
I much would have preferred to have seen Lorenzo in the race, Casey would have preferred it as well I'm sure. I didn't realise just how much of his finger he lost!
Adams_BJ
RIP Marco Simoncelli
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
One of my favourite riders, truly saddened by this news.  Haven't seen the race as I left for work before it started but glad I didn't see the accident tbh.  RIP indeed "Super Sic."
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Adams_BJ
He was also one of my favourite, even with all his trouble at the start of the season, you could see the talent peeking through from his aggrissvness. I truely believe he could have been the next great like Rossi.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
I have no doubt he was a champion in the making, and a racer that was so fun to watch.  Sad he ain't gonna be around for years to come

Last edited by KingCheese (2011-10-23 06:00:39)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
0akleaves
+183|6583|Newcastle UK
Sad thing is Rossi & Him were very close friends.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Adams_BJ

Rossi looked particularly solemn

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Apparently I know this guy pretty well, he attends some of the same shooting matches I do, I finally got round to looking him up.

https://www.motorcyclingsa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Horsman-trophy-bathurst-72-212x300.jpg

https://amcn.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Horsman-J-Sayle-Amaroo-1974.jpg

THE BILL HORSMAN CAREER – THE CONDENSED VERSION!

From the late 1950’s when Bill started as a passenger in scrambles for Laury Wilson to finally hanging up his leathers in 2008, Bill won an amazing 9 Australian Championships up until 1975 in his ‘first’ racing career, which included winning at places like Bathurst, Mallala, Albany in WA and in Tasmania as well.

Included in this is an ACU of SA Award for the most outstanding road racer of 1967, an inaugural win of the Duke of Edinburgh Trophy in 1972, with a 2nd win in 1975.

This era also included the 1972 500cc & Unlimited Grand Prix at Bathurst, and against the great Kiwi in World Championship runner-up, Ginger Molloy. Molloy had finished second to Giacomo Agostini in the 1970 World 500cc Championship and enjoyed a fruitful season racing in the USA in ’71, and what an amazing race it was, with Bill holding the advantage across the top of the mountain and Molloy having a speed advantage down Conrod, Bill came out on top in a race now regarded as ‘Bathurst’s Greatest Battle’ when, after a race long duel, it all came down to a final corner braking duel into Murray’s Corner, and with the back wheel skipping, Bill held on and reached the line less than a bike in front!.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard