Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock

FloppY_ wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Floppy, you can finish an education.

Choose a field that interests you (IT, game design, pirating) and apply yourself towards it. Go and get qualified in that field, and start a career. Working 37 hours a week, (or 40+ in my case) in a dead-end job wont get you anywhere. YOU need a career with options, start at the bottom, apply yourself and work your way up. My uncle always says, the ones with money don't work a 40 hour week like us common folk, even the CEOs that appear to have a leisurely life. Many take so much work home with them, they ar eon the phone doing business all night, and are usually in at the crack of dawn to start
I lol'd @ Pirating

EDIT: atm I doubt I can finish an education, I got some block of something (maybe lack of interest or deeper issues idk). Recently failed my 3rd attempt, it goes fine for a few weeks then it becomes so uninteresting/boring that I cannot maintain focus and end up just dropping out...
That's no-ones fault than your own. You need to find the issue, identify it and fix it. I had the same thing, I tried year 12 twice, and I just couldn't apply myself. I figured out why - it was because it had no result on my future. I didn't open any doors for me, and it wasn't restricting me, so I shifted my focus to other studies, with the potential for a career. Much more focused now.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Adams_BJ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Choose a field that interests you (IT, game design, pirating) and apply yourself towards it. Go and get qualified in that field, and start a career. Working 37 hours a week, (or 40+ in my case) in a dead-end job wont get you anywhere. YOU need a career with options, start at the bottom, apply yourself and work your way up. My uncle always says, the ones with money don't work a 40 hour week like us common folk, even the CEOs that appear to have a leisurely life. Many take so much work home with them, they ar eon the phone doing business all night, and are usually in at the crack of dawn to start
I lol'd @ Pirating

EDIT: atm I doubt I can finish an education, I got some block of something (maybe lack of interest or deeper issues idk). Recently failed my 3rd attempt, it goes fine for a few weeks then it becomes so uninteresting/boring that I cannot maintain focus and end up just dropping out...
That's no-ones fault than your own. You need to find the issue, identify it and fix it. I had the same thing, I tried year 12 twice, and I just couldn't apply myself. I figured out why - it was because it had no result on my future. I didn't open any doors for me, and it wasn't restricting me, so I shifted my focus to other studies, with the potential for a career. Much more focused now.
Yeah because I haven't tried figuring out what's wrong for the 4 years it's been going on... ?!
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Adams_BJ
took me three years to even start thinking of why I couldn't apply myself. It wasn't through lack of intelligence either, im a smart man, its just that in my head I knew it wasn't going to take me anywhere, even if I never realised that I knew it.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

saw a sick Audi R8 today.

Tsex likes to pretend he earned all his toys but he didn't.
damn, i nearly got away with it!!!
FloppY_
­
How old are you anyway Tsex?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

FloppY_ wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I lol'd @ Pirating

Unless you have rich parents etc life is work.  The sooner you start the earlier you can retire.  Get your arse in gear or you'll be left behind.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
FloppY_
­

m3thod wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I lol'd @ Pirating

Unless you have rich parents etc life is work.  The sooner you start the earlier you can retire.  Get your arse in gear or you'll be left behind.
I'm already left behind
Adams_BJ
what, your 35+ already?
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK
look you useless tit it happens.  There are senior managers in my firm aged 29 and there are consultants aged 37, there are ups and downs and life/career/progression is rarely a smooth path.  you've repressed youself enough, pull your finger out of your arse and do something.  find something you enjoy.  anything.   There are people with music degree working in IT consultants YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE RELEVANT EDUCATION.  All you have to demonstrate you are of a particular level of intelligence (degree) and you are willing to learn. 

grade structure in my firm to give you an idea.

associate
consultant
manager
senior manger
director
partner
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK

Adams_BJ wrote:

what, your 35+ already?
i guessing mid 20's.
FloppY_
­
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK
you are no where near left behind.
FloppY_
­
Feels that way... The people I used to go to high-school with are now 3-4 years ahead of me and if I start now it will take me 2-3 years to catch up (not counting job experience)...

And part of my problem is that nothing interests me anymore

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-20 18:55:01)

Adams_BJ

FloppY_ wrote:

Feels that way... The people I used to go to high-school with are now 3-4 years ahead of me and if I start now it will take me 2-3 years to catch up (not counting job experience)...

And part of my problem is that nothing interests me anymore
cos 2-3 years of catching up is so much worse than 60 years of being miserable.

im 21, Im behind the 8-ball, but my life is hardly ruined.
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK
better late than never.  You do realise you can accerate up career ladders? there are fast track programmes? switch jobs every few years rather wait for promotion?  its not a smooth path for everyone.

Think of it as a game.  Play it.  Bend the rules.  create and levrage you networks.  Hell lie/cheat/steal if you need too.

Just do it.
Adams_BJ
Or threaten to bomb the boss's house up with their wife and children still inside, like me3th does.
Benzin
+576|5997
Guys, go make a self-help thread and let's get back to posting sexy cars...
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.

FloppY_ wrote:

The people I used to go to high-school with are now 3-4 years ahead of me and if I start now it will take me 2-3 years to catch up (not counting job experience)...
The guys I used to hang around with at school are all a year older than me, one is on £20,000 a year after 2 years in the Navy and is going for promotion. One graduated in applied computing with honours and is now on £26,000 straight out of Uni at the BIGGEST it consultancy firm in the world, in London. One is trying to figure out whether to take the games analyst job offered to him by Rockstar games, or to go and do his PhD in physics where he will be earning £30,000 a year TO STUDY. Another 2 are doing there masters in Civil Engineering. The navy guy is 22, applied computing guy is 22 in January, Rockstar/PhD guy is 23, and the two civil engineer students are 22.

Now, I'm 21, I earn £5,500 a year at my shitty dead-end job, but I'm also studying for a Diploma in software development, which is one level below a degree. I don't even really wanna do software development, I'd rather to it support, but I'm sticking with my studies because I know they will help. I did things the hard way. I fucked around at school and harmed my chances of a good life, but I'm doing something about it. I live with my girlfriend, we don't earn a hell of a lot of money, but we're rectifying that. she's away to apply for criminology at uni, starting next summer, she's only 20.

Floppy, life is hard. very hard. you either sort it out and make it easier, or you cry all fucking night on a forum, wasting your life before it's even started. Go and sort yourself out, get an education, stick with it, stop being a useless cunt.

Last edited by Camm (2011-10-21 04:32:16)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

CapnNismo wrote:

Guys, go make a self-help thread and let's get back to posting sexy cars...
yeah where are the cars i keep getting excited that the thread is active

naughty flopsi
FloppY_
­

Better?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-21 06:11:11)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5508|America
Mmmmm is that a Lancia Stratos? If it is the N1 flopsi.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
FloppY_
­

Blade4509 wrote:

Mmmmm is that a Lancia Stratos? If it is the N1 flopsi.
It's a Delta

This is a Stratos
https://www.carsmoveus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Lancia-Stratos-HF-Group-4-.jpg
which, might I add, is a mighty fine machine...

EDIT: I really hope you were not referring to the 288 GTO, that'd be sacrilege

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-21 20:39:17)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir edition in the carpark of the bar i was in earlier tonight, my sister got a picture of it so i'll hopefully get that on. it looked unreal, only the 3rd different one i've seen around here. the interior was bright orange though....
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

yeah, i saw a veyron today too

https://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/10/hondabugatti.jpg
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

besides the wheels that actually looks alright lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard