Total: 105
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!
beta was wank, preordered anyways
TheTrueQuaid
What was I doing mars?
+11|5890|Assachusetts
BF3 is pretty good. Sure there's little things that are a little nagging but overall its pretty solid. I tried the BC2 demo on the Xbox and it literally felt like you were floating, and BC sucked as well. Maybe I'm alone but I like the tac lights. They do need to be toned down outdoors but in Arma II when you have a flashlight on the gun especially on night maps you can get the same blinding effect.

BF2 wasn't perfect but for all its imperfections it worked, even with the whiny bitches that neutered the game play through subsequent patches.  I still to this day think the BF2 demo was better then the full game. It was the only time I felt good and actually went for jets and the Blackhawk death cannons were so awesome. I installed it last week and man I can't hit the broad side of a barn, I never really played when the 1.5 patch came out but fuck man whats with this spotty aiming shit. I think 1.5 patch ruined the game for me anyways  : (

Look forward to BF3 and shooting everyone with my MCS870 with tac light/acog/slugs!

My i7 920 and 5850 play it very well never noticed any lag. I hope they bring back Commorose and the jingling/fabric ripping sounds when you hand out meds/ammo.

HOOHAH BE ADVISED
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6801|Marathon, Florida Keys
nope. Thanks to the media thread showing how awful bad company 3 is i know i'll spend more time pissed off playing it than i will having fun. I'd have to buy a new machine too and im not going to shell out 1200+ bucks for EA's version of call of duty.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
i spent 700

but it wasnt for bf3
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

nope. Thanks to the media thread showing how awful bad company 3 is i know i'll spend more time pissed off playing it than i will having fun. I'd have to buy a new machine too and im not going to shell out 1200+ bucks for EA's version of call of duty.
yes we get it, give it a rest.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5028|Massachusetts, USA

Did you play the beta at all?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
I'm not buying it. Not for any real reason other than a distinct lack of interest in gaming these days.

UnkleRukus wrote:

No but every gameplay video ive seen shows ppl playing as sniper or getting shot by who knows where by a sniper...good indicator of what gameplay will be like: terrible.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
i've never driven a lambo but from the youtoob videos its seems way overpowered and only rich fags drive them.

not buying.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
i love lambos!
UnkleRukus
That Guy

UnkleRukus wrote:

No but every gameplay video ive seen shows ppl playing as sniper or getting shot by who knows where by a sniper...good indicator of what gameplay will be like: terrible.
You sound a lot like shifty there. Don't tell me you're turning into a 12 year old homeschooled kid who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Surprisingly there weren't as many snipers as people are led to believe. There's always going to be a couple guys in EVERY FPS EVER who dedicate themselves to being a sniper. So basing your opinion off a few shitty beta videos. That were made by jackasses who have no skill at the game at all, isn't a good idea.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6784|Jupiter
But.... those sniper fags ruined it for me when we were not in the park on metro
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6811
Think I'll let all you guinea pigs be the sheep. Was excited at first, but then, the bad taste of EA was still somewhere in my mouth from BF2. Maybe in a year or so. But only if they remove Origin. There's plenty of other titles I can pass BF3 up for.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

UnkleRukus wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

You sound a lot like shifty there. Don't tell me you're turning into a 12 year old homeschooled kid who doesn't know what they're talking about.
As far as someone who doesnt know what they are talking about ive spent more time playing the battlefield titles (Bf1942/bfv/bf2) than 99% of people and loved them to death so i know what a bf game is supposed to be. IDK what this shit is but its not a true sequel.
Sturgeon
+488|4932|Flintshire
Yet you're basing your opinions on this game without actually playing it...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5945

Sturgeon wrote:

^^^ This. + You're basing your opinions on videos of beta footage.

It's not a replica of BF2, it's not meant to be. It's been six years since BF2 and a lot has changed. Having played the beta myself, on a console, on one of worst maps (apparently) i can say that it's really bloody good.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
I've played all the Battlefields extensively. I have played the beta on both console and PC. The PC version is pretty fuckin good so far. The console version isn't half bad either (even though it was a 6 month old build I was playing on, fucking EA.)

There will never be a true sequel to bf2, too much has changed in the video game markets. It will still be the best battlefield to come out since BF2, (or 2142, that BF was good too.) It definitely shit's on BC2 hard. Much better than BC2.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6281|Pacific NW, USA
Had to build a new PC for my wife's video editing and photography stuffs anyway so I just built it to handle BF3 as well.  Pre-ordered BF3:LE on Amazon for $42.   

Pretty excited to be gaming on PC again, it's been too long.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2011-10-19 11:02:05)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

I'm not impressed. There are so many things that have pissed me off about it I've cancelled my pre-order.

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

^^^ This. + You're basing your opinions on videos of beta footage.

It's not a replica of BF2, it's not meant to be. It's been six years since BF2 and a lot has changed. Having played the beta myself, on a console, on one of worst maps (apparently) i can say that it's really bloody good.
This game will have the least replay value of all battlefield titles (not even including bad company shit its not even worthy of having the battlefield name).... In a year it will have as many servers as bf2 has now because all the stat whores will have lvl150 3xGOLD STAR GENERAL and max unlocks on all kits.

Fuck i miss the days where everyone got the same pistol on a team and a different primary rifle/smg depending what you were and your HUD consisted of a crosshair, ammo+mag count, health bar and a basic compass that showed nothing but the map and your teammates. Grenades and claymores didn't dominate infantry gameplay it was all gun fights and if you were a fucking nobhead you went 0-20 unless you bought your own server and banned everyone better than you. I feel like the HUD is so congested with all these flashing arrows and blood splatters and big ass "YOU KILLED SNIPERDIPSHIT897898" messages that take up the entire screen on new games with ribbons and pins and awards flashing all over the place every other point you get cant they just stick that shit in a fucking text box on the side of the screen? Someone uploaded a video of what the flashlights do to you in BF3 with a big troll face pasted on it and i loled my ass off....more unnecessary shit you don't need to make a game. Oldschool CS was the most basic game ever and more ppl have played that fps than any other game plus it has outlived EVERY FPS in-between its creation and now.
Sturgeon
+488|4932|Flintshire
You want BF2 essentially then...

Times change, you've not even played a beta of the game yet claim it wont have any replay value, the HUD isn't congested it's got less stuff on it than BF2 with all the scrolling shit and server messages, clays and nades don't dominate gameplay unlike inf in BF2 did, it's easy to dominate noobs in this game who will get shit scores. Yes it's annoying with the 100 points for kills and ribbons etc flashing up, which most fps have these days.

You sound like you want to go back 6 years and play BF2 again, not gonna happen, nostalgia is overrated anyway
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png

Sturgeon wrote:

You sound like you want to go back 6 years and play BF2 again
More along the lines of bf1942, original COD, MOH:AA, CS1.5. BF2 was the best game ever made IMO before the 1.2 and on welfare patches.
If the desert combat team made BF3 i'd shell out $4000 dollars for a computer to play it on.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

would still suck since it's frostbite
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard