Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6588|Your attic

FFLink wrote:

I just liked the squad action. Fighting through the trees, sneaking to flags, etc. So awesome.

Pretty much every map was amazing for a decent 6-man squad. Dragon Valley, Kubra, Zatar(?). All the big maps were amazing. Clean sweep! Stupid servers ruined most of my fun in BF2. Was rare to find a popular 64-player all-maps server.
Pretty much agree with you, while I was all about whoring Karkand in the end I would happily play any map in BF2 back when I had a load of people to dick around with. What was nice about all the old BF2 maps was that even if you didn't get yourself into a vehicle you could actually still have a load of fun. SF/AF/EF were all a bit of a let down for me though, SF was a great expansion but the only times I ever got to play the maps was late at night with all the American guys on our server, which while fun, got a bit annoying what with being stuck at 250ms or w/e it was.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
nah
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!

FFLink wrote:

I just liked the squad action. Fighting through the trees, sneaking to flags, etc. So awesome.

Pretty much every map was amazing for a decent 6-man squad. Dragon Valley, Kubra, Zatar(?). All the big maps were amazing. Clean sweep! Stupid servers ruined most of my fun in BF2. Was rare to find a popular 64-player all-maps server.
my love for bf2 started with snipercamping under the bridge at mashtuur , always the whole round

had great fun on a former "karkand cars and inf only" -server , sneaking past hotel placing c4s on untaken cars , hide, car disappears on minimap : press "J" :boom , wait... someone on the writes enemyteam : boom? LMB = 3 kills so epicninja

Last edited by thepilot91 (2011-10-18 13:46:45)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

thepilot91 wrote:

FFLink wrote:

my love for bf2 started with snipercamping under the bridge at mashtuur , always the whole round

had great fun on a former "karkand cars and inf only" -server , sneaking past hotel placing c4s on untaken cars , hide, car disappears on minimap : press "J" :boom , wait... someone on the writes enemyteam : boom? LMB = 3 kills so epicninja
Now you can rinse and repeat with the support class.

Shit.  C4 + Claymores + mortars + bipod LMG + unlimited ammo.  Damn!!!
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA
Except claymores and C4 are interchangeable. I believe the Mortar replaces the ammo bag, not 100% sure on that last bit though. can't remember what the beta class customization screen had it set to.

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-10-18 17:10:29)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

UnkleRukus wrote:

Except claymores and C4 are interchangeable. I believe the Mortar replaces the ammo bag, not 100% sure on that last bit though. can't remember what the beta class customization screen had it set to.
Just means you'll have to dual it up with a team mate.  Just like stacking those squad perks.
Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Ilocano wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Now you can rinse and repeat with the support class.

Shit.  C4 + Claymores + mortars + bipod LMG + unlimited ammo.  Damn!!!
https://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/041/343/original/index.php.png?1267048195
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6588|Your attic

Ilocano wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Just means you'll have to dual it up with a team mate.  Just like stacking those squad perks.
That is presuming they actually fix those things.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
Mashtuur = win

I want a copy of it in 64 conquest
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5682|SQUID

I'm Jamesey wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I would've played 100x more Warlord if the servers that ran warlord weren't plagued with bad admins

getting banned for shooting a parachuting admin 3 times in a row puts me off.
Luckily internet providers hosted servers here, only get kicked or banned for swearing too much or hacking.

Karkand is actually pretty dull when I think of 64/32p Warlord with or w/o vehicles.
warlord was pretty unplayable for EU players

I bought SF several times, i could get banned from all populated warlord servers in a day just for going above 3 KDR
God, I feel lucky now, had 4-5 64p servers running most maps with sane, rational admins and rules.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6826|Grapevine, TX
Insane numbers. 1.6 Billion kills.

Nerds.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/bat … a-numbers/
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
"i played the beta. its rubbish. the players were all 24/7 nerds. plus the game isnt explained at all. it put me off completly."

lmao
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS

RTHKI wrote:

"i played the beta. its rubbish. the players were all 24/7 nerds. plus the game isnt explained at all. it put me off completly."

lmao
where'd you find that? screams troll to me

Last edited by Spark (2011-10-18 23:21:06)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6685|"The Empire"

TheTrueQuaid wrote:

I bought Special forces and both EF/AF from EADM in 2009 for like $45, to bad no one fucking plays special forces other then fucking ghost town.
How wrong could you be.

There were many Warlord and Iron Gator maps, not to mention rotation of all other maps. I managed 790 hours on SF, never playing on empty servers and getting all theater medals.

UnkleRukus wrote:

Ghost town isn't bad of a map though. 32 people it's pretty dope.

Although Gator and Mass D are better.
This.

(Devils Perch was up there as well)
Spark
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
what was the map involving an airport? in the right circumstances and without lag, that was pretty fun. remembering racking up some big scores on that one.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Spark wrote:

what was the map involving an airport? in the right circumstances and without lag, that was pretty fun. remembering racking up some big scores on that one.
with SAS right? that map was fucking great. I miss SF.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
yeah think so.

sf + 64p maps + 16p server = good times.
~ Richard Feynman
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

Night Flight.

IMO, the night maps in SF (Leviathan, Devil's Perch and Night Flight) were the pinnacle of Battlefield history.
Apart from jets, you had everything in those maps to play with and the layout was very well balanced with many options to attack and flank.
Coupled with the tools (grappling hook, zip-line, flash bang, tear gas) and interactive features (gate on Devil's Perch, bridges in sub pen on Leviathan, elevator on Night Flight) these three maps served for the most complete and differentiated experience you could wish for.
No Battlefield game after that has been so full of features and possibilities since then.

And if you look at the cut features (spear gun and APS for underwater infantry warfare, harrier jet) you those could have been even better.

*sigh*
I guess it will never be like that anytime soon...

Edit:
I forgot to mention the usable 2-seat forklifts on Leviathan and Night Flight.
Pure awesomness!

Last edited by globefish23 (2011-10-19 02:19:40)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

FFLink wrote:

Was rare to find a popular 64-player all-maps server.
Really?

That was/is easily the most popular map configuration in Australia. In fact right now (9pm) it's full. BF2 #01 [All Maps][Lowping] Ranked     Operation Blue Pearl     64 / 64
Spark
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS

globefish23 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

Night Flight.

IMO, the night maps in SF (Leviathan, Devil's Perch and Night Flight) were the pinnacle of Battlefield history.
Apart from jets, you had everything in those maps to play with and the layout was very well balanced with many options to attack and flank.
Coupled with the tools (grappling hook, zip-line, flash bang, tear gas) and interactive features (gate on Devil's Perch, bridges in sub pen on Leviathan, elevator on Night Flight) these three maps served for the most complete and differentiated experience you could wish for.
No Battlefield game after that has been so full of features and possibilities since then.

And if you look at the cut features (spear gun and APS for underwater infantry warfare, harrier jet) you those could have been even better.

*sigh*
I guess it will never be like that anytime soon...

Edit:
I forgot to mention the usable 2-seat forklifts on Leviathan and Night Flight.
Pure awesomness!
seriously lag-prone, though, which made for annoyances. unless you were on 16p/64m
~ Richard Feynman
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Nighttime maps could have been so awesome if it wasn't for the glitch causing horrible framerate in them

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-19 03:17:48)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
I thought it was silly that we had to use those old-school night-vision goggles. I want some infrared.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5682|SQUID
I think what was so great about SF was the mix of great vehicle action, and infantry action that couldn't be reached or weren't affected much by vehicles in the same map. Nearly all of them had that mixture. I really miss SF, I would say it's what made BF2 really fun for me. The dynamics of the maps seemed almost totally different from BF2, almost like a different game in a way.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6443|Amsterdam‫
new trailer with karkand

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

FloppY_ wrote:

Nighttime maps could have been so awesome if it wasn't for the glitch causing horrible framerate in them
That's weird I never had that problem.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard