-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653

Vilham wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

I foresee a future in which we will be asked to shell out $15 multiple times to play new maps.
It's pretty indefensible really. It's not at all difficult or time consuming to make a map. Especially if you give fuck all about balance.
The worst part to me isn't that they release content and charge for it...(but I do think games should start at ~$40 max, with <$5 content add-ons that won't really upset balance for those that don't have it.)

The worst part is making map packs that not everyone has access to.  Making Special Forces, Armored Fury, and Euro Force their own entities that didn't incorporate into the rest of the game sort of doomed them from the start.  The majority of casual gamers didn't buy them, and if they did they didn't keep playing them for that long.  If the maps could have been incorporated into vanilla BF2 servers' rotations then people would have loved those maps...that's the sort of thing that should be done for free in order to extend overall game life. 

Make different skins, weapons packs (nothing crazy or imbalanced), etc. and sell that shit for $3 to $5 dollars a pop and there are those people out there that will eat that shit up (see TF2 and BF Play4Fees).  But release maps as something everyone can access, as it really extends game lifespan (I know copies of BF2 stayed in stores for years and years...someone had to be buying copies every so often, even if it was 3+ years old).

If you want to make something with a different theme, ala BC2: Vietnam, then at least make the maps playable across the board...release the Vietnam-only content for a reasonable price (less than $10) so people that want to can set up servers that only play those maps, with the "authentic" vehicles and weapons for the era.  Problem solved, everyone is happier, and they still make money.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5753|Roma
Maybe most of the dlcs will be free.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6590|Your attic

aerodynamic wrote:

I want to find a gif of a guy rolling around laughing, even if it was sarcasm.

Last edited by Towelly (2011-10-17 11:52:01)

Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

http://mmomfg.com/2011/10/17/battlefield-3-leak-1017/

Guess it leaked for PC. Anyone try the singleplayer out yet?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Towelly wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

I want to find a gif of a guy rolling around laughing, even if it was sarcasm.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11550/roll.gif
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
time to do a floppy dick and e-rape and e-pillage
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Ryan wrote:

Scroll down:

P1_BlueToothCollapse

Not to mention they forgot to do their research and instead stole their info from someone else who immediately assumed and made up junk. The leak is in russian, and it does not have a crack for it. The files are encrypted so without the decryption program from EA servers on Origin you can not do anything, with no origin or battlelog work around you can not even install or play the game. Talk about FAIL
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
bummer
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

Ilocano wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Scroll down:

P1_BlueToothCollapse

Not to mention they forgot to do their research and instead stole their info from someone else who immediately assumed and made up junk. The leak is in russian, and it does not have a crack for it. The files are encrypted so without the decryption program from EA servers on Origin you can not do anything, with no origin or battlelog work around you can not even install or play the game. Talk about FAIL
lol Nice. Serves the pirates right, just wait a few days and play it legitimately. If you want to play it early and so badly, I think $60 is a fair price to play it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Vilham wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

I foresee a future in which we will be asked to shell out $15 multiple times to play new maps.
It's pretty indefensible really. It's not at all difficult or time consuming to make a map. Especially if you give fuck all about balance.
No its not. However its not $15 per player expensive.
$60 for the game plus tax and an extra $15 for dlc to bring the game's map total up to par with BF2's release is fair?

Sure, $15 isn't a lot of money but when the previous title shipped with more maps, more factions etc and was cheaper it becomes a matter of 'how much will the customer put up with?'. Hell if it's a matter of time/cost EA/DICE could have dipped into their community and had some of the many mod makers design some extra maps for them.

If you told the modders who worked on ATX, PR, etc. to pay for their own flight and stay in Sweden for a chance to contribute maps to BF3 the game could have shipped with 50 unique maps to play. But they rather sell dlc
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
Preorder, then the DLC is included.
Flawless
Rage
+7|4655|North Carolina

Stingray24 wrote:

Nah ill pass on wasting 60 bucks for bad company 3.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock

Jimbob23 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

why even post here?
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653

Jimbob23 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

There were numerous outlets that had specials where you could get the Limited Edition for $40-45 dollars.

Most of the people who bitched so much about the beta still wound up playing Operation Metro for at least 10 to 20 hours total (and I think everyones' consensus is that that is probably going to be the weakest map of the bunch...). 

Considering the BF2 carry-overs are tried and true maps, and the fact that there should be at least a few solid maps in the new batch, you should get a guaranteed 50-100 hours of gameplay out of the game, even if it's not the BF2 successor you'd hoped for.  I'm sure a lot of people will get much more.

So you're realistically looking at $0.50 to a dollar per hour for entertainment, at most (...what a ripoff!) - if you rent a moderately entertaining movie from a Redbox you've spent the same amount...play for hundreds of hours and you get down to pennies on the dollar for each hour of game time. 

So what's the complaint again?  That this shit costs money?  Well, it's not going to change.  Ever.  So either retire from gaming, or continue to buy the best games that come out, even if they don't seem to top those from the good ol' days.  I promise you that no other shooter in the near future will be better than BF3, even if BF3 isn't as great as BF2 was.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I promise you that no other shooter in the near future will be better than BF3, even if BF3 isn't as great as BF2 was.
https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mystline18/3324324.jpg

and

>Settling for lower quality games
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5904|CA
I can't wait to see which overpowered gun/vehicle gets abused on day one, nerfed to utter shit, and then brought back to balance later on.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5753|Roma

Jimbob23 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Good for you.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

Roc18 wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I promise you that no other shooter in the near future will be better than BF3, even if BF3 isn't as great as BF2 was.

and

Plus the more you spend on the game, the less you have left over for hax, amirite?
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653

Roc18 wrote:

>You can either buy the "cream of the crap" or stop playing FPSs at this point.

>Welcome to the 21st century.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Nic wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

and

Plus the more you spend on the game, the less you have left over for hax, amirite?
Man you're cool.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
>not as cool as you though.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5931|Somewhere out in Space
what the fuck is this shit?
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5684|SQUID
derps will be derps
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!

Nic wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

and

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria

Jimbob23 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I paid 37€ (~50$) including shipping from the UK for the limited edition pre-order with the physical warfare pack, instead of the regular retail pricing of 50€ (~68$) here in Austria.
That's even cheaper than on Steam.

Thinking back, I paid a total of 100€ for BF2, SF, EF and AF combined, as I didn't have a credit card back then for importing games from abroad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard