Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
Has there been a big update or something? the movement feels a lot better. More .. twitchy.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
it's the heroin wearing off
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6507|AUS
or kicking in.....
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
he's a scot, its defo kicking in.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6616|EU

How to configure joystick settings for plane and mouse for chopper? I have Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5924|Somewhere out in Space

Sturgeon wrote:

Jets are pretty mint actually, only gripe is they're gash against armored ground vehicles, had a few rounds earlier and I've nearly unlocked the air radar.

The F18 fires the heatseeking missiles quicker though I noticed

Wait the flying deathtraps are actually useful?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6279|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Am I the only one who misses wingkills?

It was great lulz to mow down everyone unfortunate enough to stand on open terrain in 1942...

Jets are too fast and the increasing complexity of maps makes going below 20 metres certain death in aircraft -.-

Give me my Messerschmitt, Spitfire, Zero and Mustangs back :< Maybe we could get a Cyberpunk style battlefield game with prop-aircraft and old-school FLAK AA? :3
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

FloppY_ wrote:

It was great lulz to mow down everyone unfortunate enough to stand on open terrain in 1942...

Jets are too fast and the increasing complexity of maps makes going below 20 metres certain death in aircraft -.-

Give me my Messerschmitt, Spitfire, Zero and Mustangs back :< Maybe we could get a Cyberpunk style battlefield game with prop-aircraft and old-school FLAK AA? :3
There's a video of a guy doing exactly thing somewhere.
FloppY_
­

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

There's a video of a guy doing exactly thing somewhere.
I'm sure it's possible, but it was so easy in the old prop-craft :3
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461
I actually really like all the vehicles in this game allot. I just wish that the vertical mouse look on the helicopters actually worked that way it's supposed. That being said the AA missile on the helo is the most OP shit I've ever seen.
FloppY_
­

I actually really like all the vehicles in this game allot. I just wish that the vertical mouse look on the helicopters actually worked that way it's supposed. That being said the AA missile on the helo is the most OP shit I've ever seen.
Helicopters get anti-air? O.o

That seems to defy logic to me... I thought jets and AA was supposed to counter helicopters... That'd make more sense to me
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461

FloppY_ wrote:

That seems to defy logic to me... I thought jets and AA was supposed to counter helicopters... That'd make more sense to me
Jets and AA also get missile fuckhead. Helis get them too now. But jets still rape helicopters if the two fight each other.
FloppY_
­

FloppY_ wrote:

Jets and AA also get missile fuckhead. Helis get them too now. But jets still rape helicopters if the two fight each other.
That was pretty obvious "fuckhead", it's just that helicopters have always had a "ground-pounding"-role
iceman785
+93|6665|Alaska, mother fucker.

FloppY_ wrote:

Have you never seen a pic of a cobra carrying sidewinders?

https://i.imgur.com/wmMh5.jpg
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!

legionair wrote:

How to configure joystick settings for plane and mouse for chopper? I have Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
basically : you can't , or not really , half of the buttons "doesn't exist"

I gotta use a certain button for the brake instead of the throttle

oh and: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/Jo … ersion.htm ftw
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6149|Vancouver | Canada
Someone needs to explain what "3D spotting" is to me..
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

DefCon-17 wrote:

A giant red triangle appearing over your head telling everyone "kill me" because EA/DICE is too lazy to give us a good ol fashioned UAV system.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6598|Greenwood, IN
Well, I just flew a jet for the first time.  Fuck how does anyone get any kills?  I can fly around easy enough.  Dodge planes and AA missles but damn everytime I go to shoot down a plan all I get is a "Disabled Vehicle" shit.  Its so easy for the pilot to bale its not even funny.  There aren't  consequences for losing an air battle.  Whats the point of jets if jets can't attack ground?  Thats why you need jets in the first place is to ether get air superiority or pound the enemy troops on the ground.  The gun barely works on the planes even up close.  Sorry the jets in this game burn me.

Last edited by Naturn (2011-10-09 00:34:35)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
Keep shooting until it explodes? I dunno
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
so i just tried to play, the shadows were bugging the fuck out

flashing all over the place and shaking. background textures looked like they were trying to shake themselves loose of the terrain ffs
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!

Roc18 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

A giant red triangle appearing over your head telling everyone "kill me" because EA/DICE is too lazy to give us a good ol fashioned UAV system.
fuck the uav , the ultra transparent map/minimap, wich howerver you zoom it won't show you the whole map.....and is incorrect...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6558|Area 51
Lel. 15 fps on caspian.
TravisC555
+118|6212|Cox Convention Center, OK
FYI Beta ends tomorrow Oct. 10 at 12 pm cet (6am edt/3am pdt)

Last edited by TravisC555 (2011-10-09 07:31:47)

Sturgeon
+488|4934|Flintshire

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

Jets are pretty mint actually, only gripe is they're gash against armored ground vehicles, had a few rounds earlier and I've nearly unlocked the air radar.

The F18 fires the heatseeking missiles quicker though I noticed

Wait the flying deathtraps are actually useful?
Against heli's, jeeps, and planes they're good, strafing infantry, tanks, aa they're useless.

Once you unlock heatseekers and flares they're very adept at dogfighting, especially if the other planes have neither, remains to be seen how useful the air to ground missiles are
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Sturgeon
+488|4934|Flintshire
The fire extinguisher is pointless as you have to choose between that or IR flares...

It's not too often you get disabled if you're a good pilot, especially when you have IR flares, yet without them you can't break any missile locks as they can seemingly turn on the spot and never lose you even if fired at 180o to you
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard