jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

jord wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

m3thod wrote:

look nice and fancy but plays like like total shit.  slow, cumbersome and generally retarded.

i despise games where i have no idea who shot me (killcam doesnt count) or where the the frig he was.
You despised BF2 then, right?

It would have been almost impossible to find some people in BF2 if it wasn't for commander spotting.
No it wasn't, there were only a set amount of places people could be and you just spotted such areas if under fire. The graphics of the foliage in bf3 make it significantly harder to find hows shooting at you.
So its really just a complaint that there isn't a graphics setting which makes it look like this

https://img397.imageshack.us/img397/709/thabomb6en.jpg
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK

jmsprovan wrote:

m3thod wrote:

look nice and fancy but plays like like total shit.  slow, cumbersome and generally retarded.

i despise games where i have no idea who shot me (killcam doesnt count) or where the the frig he was.

It would have been almost impossible to find some people in BF2 if it wasn't for commander spotting.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah riiiiiiiight, how many time have you ever played with a competent BF2 commander?  Who had VOIP? You gave you assets when you requested? who didnt spam the shit out of the comms? Get the fuck out.

BF3 environment is too cluttered, too much going on, its too detailed to the point i don't know where people are.  Couple this with the new 1/2 shots to kill i don't see how anyone can find this enjoyable.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California

FatherTed wrote:

2142 had portable AA, i can't remember how that was balanced but i don't recall that being annoying
It took two shots to bring a gunship down, and three for a transport. The active defense shields made the AA rockets a joke. On some servers I would have the lock warning almost everywhere I flew but I've rarely been shot down by one.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

m3thod wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah riiiiiiiight, how many time have you ever played with a competent BF2 commander?  Who had VOIP? You gave you assets when you requested? who didnt spam the shit out of the comms? Get the fuck out.

BF3 environment is too cluttered, too much going on, its too detailed to the point i don't know where people are.  Couple this with the new 1/2 shots to kill i don't see how anyone can find this enjoyable.
I have 150 commander hours over all my characters, I did all those things.

There was an IGN video I linked earlier from one of the other maps, they have made it so that it takes longer to kill people now.

Last edited by jmsprovan (2011-10-08 11:05:31)

Racoon_Flyer
+10|5935|Cambridge, UK
Map size is nothing compared to BF2, or atleast they don't make use of the space, it's just a clusterfuck in the middle where whoever shoots first from their bush wins.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Worst thing about the commander in BF2 was "ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED"
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

Racoon_Flyer wrote:

Map size is nothing compared to BF2, or atleast they don't make use of the space, it's just a clusterfuck in the middle where whoever shoots first from their bush wins.
maybe good thing, driving/boating for what felt like hours to be arty'd on arrival/strafed by a jet/etc got fucking old (think Zatar), similarly playing as inf on such big maps could end up with walking around for ages, finding a dude and aiming only to be headshot by some xXx420xXxl33txXxsniperxXx faglord in some tree a mile away was utterly dull.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

FloppY_ wrote:

Worst thing about the commander in BF2 was "ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED"
On SAS maps it was funny because it was in that horrible faux posh English accent
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
EF voiceovers worst voiceovers
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
+2,197|6672|UK
just as easy ignore a spamming commander.  issue out of nothing.

it was more fun to spam insults at squads that didn't follow orders, my grandmother could do better etc

Last edited by m3thod (2011-10-08 11:22:40)

m3thod
+2,197|6672|UK

jmsprovan wrote:

m3thod wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

I have 150 commander hours over all my characters, I did all those things.

There was an IGN video I linked earlier from one of the other maps, they have made it so that it takes longer to kill people now.
good for you.  You're in a very small minority that we call insignificant.  The commander role was unfortunatly useless.  either they didn't know how to play as one or everyone just ignored him.

it was easier to spot the enemy in BF2 no question.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
your grandmother does do better
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6515|AUS
3D spotting is a very poor mechanic for FPS games.
Seems to have been introduced because the low-grade players can't use a minimap properly (and it's all about making it accessable to the lowest common denominator these days).
Far too many kills are made on players who are out of Line-Of-Sight but are easily targeted due to the "spotted" caret above their heads.

Can be fixed a couple of ways.
1) Reduce the "spotted" duration to 2-3 seconds only. This allows you to notify nearby team-mates that an enemy is in the area but will reduce the ability to target players with fire when they are out of line of sight as the caret will disappear rapidly.
2) Provide a more comprehensive minimap in full colour with better functionality (nothing wrong with the BF2 style minimap) and remove 3D spotting altogether.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6607|Greenwood, IN
I just played the xbox version.  I can tell you right now the PC has it good.  All the problems we are having on the PC they are having on the console.  To top things off the auto aim is almost non-existent.  The graphical errors and zombie glitches are there was well.
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

FatherTed wrote:

your grandmother does do better
http://wheelbarrow.ytmnd.com/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
enemy water vehicle spotted

do you even play eve anymore?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba
kinda
Sturgeon
+488|4942|Flintshire
Jets are pretty mint actually, only gripe is they're gash against armored ground vehicles, had a few rounds earlier and I've nearly unlocked the air radar.

The F18 fires the heatseeking missiles quicker though I noticed

https://i.imgur.com/yr2ZN.png
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

FatherTed wrote:

enemy water vehicle spotted

do you even play eve anymore?
On Karkand and similar, "enemy boat spotted" was kinda funny imo

But meh, commander spam was a big problem with BF2
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

jmsprovan wrote:

kinda
find me a corp

actually just can i have your stuff etc

Last edited by FatherTed (2011-10-08 12:08:12)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba
join MM or Bricksquad

seems to be where all the terrible ex-NCers have pooled
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
hey now
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6828|Lithuania

m3thod wrote:

I know right, give us a game where you can't tell an enemy soldier from a shrub, and make it infinitely harder to spot them via the useless map, no uav, etc. And tbh I'd rather put up with the "enemy x spotted" than the constant "be advised" about something that doesn't even come up on my map and therefore servers no function at all.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
the LAV is pretty decent just went 26-4 in it but I wish it had more than one seat...
CC-Marley
+407|6830
I try to play this game. I have under 20 minutes of play time in three log ons. Maybe when it gets cold and starts getting dark real early.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard