Poll

What are your impressions of the Battlefield 3 beta?

Awesome16%16% - 18
Good32%32% - 35
Middle of the road24%24% - 26
Bad12%12% - 13
F*ck this game14%14% - 16
Total: 108
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD

Camm wrote:

cant get it running on my pc... need 285.27 drivers from nVidia, and they're for 64bit windows 7. i am not reformatting just so I can pla ythis fucking game
They have them for 32-bit also, and there's even newer ones: 285.35 or something that are supposed to improve the image quality and performance for newer cards.

And you can still play them without with having >285.27, you just have to close that window that nags you about it and wait for the icon to reappear in the taskbar and then click on it, and then you're in the game.  I'm still on 270.61, there's not really anything I need in the newer official releases and I just don't like using beta drivers even though I'm more than little tempted this time just to see if there's any benefits I can possibly get on my older GTX 260 from using them
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
One my my biggest griefs ATM in terms of mechanics they've implemented is the bipod on LMGs.  I think it's a great idea to have that feature, but I wish you deployed it by holding the fire select button for a couple of seconds, or at least something besides it trying to set up any time you right click when near a ledge or prone.   (Yeah you can move a little bit to avoid setting it up, but it's just a bother and it winds up getting me killed when people are rushing towards me and I try to scope in quickly and my dickhead soldier starts slowly unfolding the bipod...)

Positives:

I like player movement for the most part, but there are definitely still obvious kinks that need to be worked out. 

Weapon damage seems to be somewhere between BC2 hardcore and normal modes, which is fine with me. 

Hitregistry is good 90-95% of the time, and the other 5% are encounters with people that seem invincible for about a full clip, then all of the sudden hits start registering....flashbacks of BC2 there. 

I like the variety of weapons and the different feel that they have...definitely better than BC2, which devolved into everything feeling similar (for the most part).

And I like all of the unlocks, etc., but I think they make too much of a show about it when you receive them.  I know others have said this, and it's true: in BF2 the drumroll that accompanied medals was perfect...they were hard to obtain, and you felt like you earned something.  Flashing unlocks and promotions constantly makes it lose its "value".

All in all I am on the verge of pre-ordering, but I really, really, really want to get access to a conq. map and to see some previews of other maps' layouts before doing so.  I'm hoping Metro is the shitty map of the bunch, and the fact that they chose it to release as the beta makes me wonder if that's not exactly the case....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

One my my biggest griefs ATM in terms of mechanics they've implemented is the bipod on LMGs.  I think it's a great idea to have that feature, but I wish you deployed it by holding the fire select button for a couple of seconds, or at least something besides it trying to set up any time you right click when near a ledge or prone.   (Yeah you can move a little bit to avoid setting it up, but it's just a bother and it winds up getting me killed when people are rushing towards me and I try to scope in quickly and my dickhead soldier starts slowly unfolding the bipod...)
Agree 100%.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
"The connection to EA Online was lost"

ugh, so annoying. That's happened to me twice now in the middle of a match. fail netcode is fail.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

probably less about "netcode" (nice regurgitation) and more about poor server capacity planning
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6708|Sweden
Quite fun tbh im mostly impressed my computer could run it very smoothly. Metro gets very repetive fast but overall my impressions are good. Im glad the playermovement feels a ton better than BC2.

The Sound is top notch.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6544
Three weeks until release. They need at least a week or two to RTM. GG on any serious last minute changes or major bug fixes.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
I like the unlock system, but I liked 2142s more. Even though there are loads of more unlocks now, I miss the clade system.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!

SonderKommando wrote:

Brasso wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

fire selection is back
but the game sucks

next
nice rebuttal bro.

i think you're just angry your PC sucks and or you have no skill and therefore the game sucks.
I get mad FPS

I'm top of the leaderboard 90% of games, easily

BF3 is shit.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Even StarCraft 2?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

AussieReaper wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Even StarCraft 2?
No faking skill there
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!

AussieReaper wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Even StarCraft 2?
90% of games i play
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
So far the game is no better or worse than most other FPS I've played. Will wait to see more than one game mode on more than one map though. Engy UMP kit is pretty rape so far. It appears they just did a fix where it adds all those ribbons at the end of the round into a group, makes that ridiculously long wait for them all to add up much faster.

Last edited by Nic (2011-10-03 03:42:35)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver
Im actually enjoying it.. Sorry some of you guys cant have any fun with it. 

Second set of MCOMS in Metro+Defending team+Assault Rifle w/ Tac Light= rape
Sturgeon
+488|4939|Flintshire

SonderKommando wrote:

IR scope + bipod + any weapon = rape on the second set of mcoms as defending team
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
SonderKommando

Sturgeon wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

IR scope + bipod + any weapon = rape on the second set of mcoms as defending team
Ill have to try this out.
Sturgeon
+488|4939|Flintshire
It does get a bit boring after a while but it's fun to see people raging and calling you a hacker, just like bf2 again
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
SonderKommando

Sturgeon wrote:

It does get a bit boring after a while but it's fun to see people raging and calling you a hacker, just like bf2 again
haha yea. 

Dude there are some pretty bad glitches right now (beta prolly) that remind me of some of the stuff in the hotel at Karkand... I was watching this guy at MCOM B 2 in metro basically laying prone against the potty stalls and apparently able to see through the walls shooting the attackers on the other side.  Racked up like 30 kills in there....

Rumor is there are some rudimentary hacks out too.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
I still haven't figured out how use the fire selector.
SonderKommando

Superior Mind wrote:

I still haven't figured out how use the fire selector.
the "v" key.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Thank you.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Its funny watching people stat pad in a beta.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois

SonderKommando wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

Rumor is there are some rudimentary hacks out too.
of course there are

especially because it's the same engine as bc2, so a lot of the things are the same

oh, and the .pdb server files were leaked so getting classes is ridiculously easy

not to mention punkbuster isnt even running yet
HITNRUNXX
+220|6708|Oklahoma City

UnkleRukus wrote:

Well, we can all agree. MW3 is going to be the shittier than this.
Speak for yourself. I still have fun on the CoD games. So do all my friends... The same group that was super excited about BF3 until they played the "Beta."
HITNRUNXX
+220|6708|Oklahoma City

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Flashing unlocks and promotions constantly makes it lose its "value".
Not to mention they are as blinding to your field of view as a Tac Light... Hey, see those 3 guys rushing me? Sniped one off and... *****!!!!!SNIPER AWARD MEDAL OF BLINDNESS!!!!!!***** Hmm, I can't quite see the other two anymore... But judging by the incoming fire, they can see me just fine...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard