Poll

What are your impressions of the Battlefield 3 beta?

Awesome16%16% - 18
Good32%32% - 35
Middle of the road24%24% - 26
Bad12%12% - 13
F*ck this game14%14% - 16
Total: 108
Roc18
`
+655|5936|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

SonderKommando wrote:

Brasso wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

fire selection is back
but the game sucks

next
nice rebuttal bro.

i think you're just angry your PC sucks and or you have no skill and therefore the game sucks.
>implying you enjoy this game
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD

coke wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Well, I guess I can't play anymore till they fix that fucking DirectX bug that keeps getting me:

E_OUTOFMEMORY and some other bullshit telling me my graphics card ran out of memory

In other news, it appears a few different sources now have their own servers, some of which are running Conquest on Metro and I even saw a Team Deathmatch Metro server.
What GFX card do you have?
A GTX 260 216-core, but the game was working fine previously until today

I might try restarting my comp in a little bit.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6804|The darkside of Denver
Wow, I'm surprised a man of your intellectual fortitude was able to make that inference from my comment.  You're going places young man!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD
Nevermind, a restart solved it.

Btw, tried a Conquest Metro server and I highly recommend it, it just feels completely different from Rush in a very good way.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6415
Everything in this game is wrong. I don't even know where to start. I can't get over how horrible everything is.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5847|College Park, MD
Played a few more rounds... it's okay but it's no BF2.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD
Beta changelist so far for those interested:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/de … 458193965/

I'm about to try that squad stuff out now
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6835|Tampa Bay Florida

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Everything in this game is wrong. I don't even know where to start. I can't get over how horrible everything is.
Why do you say that if I may ask?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6854|England. Stoke

_j5689_ wrote:

Nevermind, a restart solved it.

Btw, tried a Conquest Metro server and I highly recommend it, it just feels completely different from Rush in a very good way.
Yeah sounds like the problem you had before was a memory leak, which is more than expected in a beta.
Brasso
+1,549|6775

SonderKommando wrote:

Brasso wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

fire selection is back
but the game sucks

next
nice rebuttal bro.

i think you're just angry your PC sucks and or you have no skill and therefore the game sucks.
rofl.  my computer runs the game perfectly.  i also am quite good at the game.

doesn't change the fact that it sucks
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6804|The darkside of Denver

Brasso wrote:

i honestly say we all start playing bf2 again.  at least the game doesnt lag your computer, or make you sick, or have blinding flashlights and/or scopes on both enemy and teammate's guns, or consist of rocketspam (only nadespam ), or have a retarded knife system, or...oh wait, scratch that last one.  but still.
Hence why I thought you had a poor system.

I honestly don't understand why you guys think its so bad.  I rather enjoy it. 

Those of you expecting a clone of bf2 with new graphics need to think a little more carefully.  Too much has changed in the industry since 2005 for that to happen.

I can understand your viewpoints, cause I've been there, ya know? I've put my time into BF2 and I love that fucking game.  But the majority of the customer bases standards have evolved to expect features that you find undesirable.  The fact is you're the minority and this is a business.  So we get things like regenerating health, this Facebook styled web UI, and a host of other examples.

Sometimes you need to pick your battles man, just sayin...

Last edited by SonderKommando (2011-10-01 17:55:47)

Brasso
+1,549|6775

i think my lag issues were because i was streaming.  oh well.  i don't really want a clone of bf2, but i do not enjoy the fact that it plays so much like BC2.  there's less freedom in movement, just like there was in BC2.  hell, even call of duty games are quicker to strafe in.

the flashlight point still stands.  it's ridiculous how someone with a tac light can completely lock down an entire indoor hallway because no one on the other team knows where to shoot.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
HITNRUNXX
+220|6854|Oklahoma City

SonderKommando wrote:

Those of you expecting a clone of bf2 with new graphics need to think a little more carefully.  Too much has changed in the industry since 2005 for that to happen.
I don't think the industry has changed to the degree that you think it has... Not as many crap games are selling as well as they used to, just because they have a big title attached to them. If you don't believe me, ask the Duke Nukem Forever companies...

So making a fun game that your audience enjoys playing and wants to play more is still the best way to make more money. If you don't believe me, ask the Call of Duty companies... Who apparently have a deal with the U.S. Treasury, seeing as how they are printing their own money.

Fun games that people want to play, last.

I still have friends that play BF2 (and occasionally I want to also, I just don't have a gaming computer anymore). I have friends that still play Everquest. I have friends that still play WoW. I have friends who buy every Call of Duty game, and play them regularly for a solid year until the next one comes out, and then they preorder that one too... I have friends that still play the Burnout games (Not Burnout Paradise though, it sucked).

Changing everything about a game that made it FUN it a huge mistake, I don't care what industry you are in. I don't care what genre you are in. If you don't believe me, ask how Everquest 2 is doing.

When you have a large fan base already, use it. The huge BF2 market would be happier with an updated BF2 clone with better graphics than with something totally foreign to them.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD
I think a lot of people were really really hoping that this game wouldn't be Bad Company 3 under a different name, and that it would be a real PC game, but everybody is already starting to realize it's just another consolized game, even if it may have been developed with particular emphasis on the PC this time.  It's really great that they put extra work into supporting the PC's more powerful hardware through larger player numbers/newer PC-specific graphics APIs and whatnot, but the core gameplay has been so dumbed down and catered to the casual gamer(more money for the publisher with less time spent on separate games for different platforms) that it's really disappointing(even sickening to some) to everybody who were really expecting a true Battlefield experience after 5 years of waiting.  They wanted a real PC game like BF2 and others were, where you have to actually grow into the game and where it wasn't all about flashy new bullshit features to compete with whatever current shitty CoD game was out at the time for the majority of the mindless sheep gamers that play on the cheaper/more accessible/more numerous consoles.

It looks like the next generation Battlefield that every PC player really wanted isn't coming.  Now that EA has done this to the Battlefield franchise, PC gamers pretty much officially have to settle for just being an afterthought to the big name publishers as far as the FPS department goes.

Obviously you could've seen this coming as soon as they announced that there were console versions of BF3 with smaller maps sizes, but it really doesn't hit home until you actually get to play the bastardized version of what you thought was going to be the best PC FPS of its time just like its predecessor, only to find that it's really just a very highly polished port of a shittier game that they thought they could just slap the BF3 label on and still sell to PC gamers like it was still going to be one of the best games ever to hit the PC.

imo, it would've been better for them to just not make it for the PC(and certainly not call it Battlefield 3, maybe Modern Combat 2 or something) and just hold off till they have time to make a dedicated PC game.  But then again the PC market share may be a lot smaller than I realized, and possibly not even worth putting that much into by itself anymore.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-10-01 19:10:49)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6859|Purplicious Wisconsin
I personally am not surprised. I was expecting this, was expecting you bf2 lovers would get your hopes too high and spit on Bad Company 2.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD

War Man wrote:

I personally am not surprised. I was expecting this, was expecting you bf2 lovers would get your hopes too high and spit on Bad Company 2.
What are you then, on this forum named for BF2, if not a BF2 lover?

And I'm a little buzzed at the moment but I'm having trouble understanding why you mentioned Bad Company 2, everybody was talking about BF3
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6859|Purplicious Wisconsin

_j5689_ wrote:

War Man wrote:

What are you then, on this forum named for BF2, if not a BF2 lover?

And I'm a little buzzed at the moment but I'm having trouble understanding why you mentioned Bad Company 2, everybody was talking about BF3
Too many damn battlefield 3 threads that are at the moment interrelated and I got them mixed up. I registered on battlefield 2 back when it was on its prime, then bf2142 stole my bf2 and I began to lose interest in bf2. I am a battlefield franchise fan, played every fucking battlefield game except Vietnam.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Roc18
`
+655|5936|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

_j5689_ wrote:

but it really doesn't hit home until you actually get to play the bastardized version of what you thought was going to be the best PC FPS of its time just like its predecessor, only to find that it's really just a very highly polished port of a shittier game that they thought they could just slap the BF3 label on and still sell to PC gamers like it was still going to be one of the best games ever to hit the PC.
Hence my clear rage (SonderKommando) in this thread as a Battlefield fan who was sheepled into believing this would fill Battlefield 2's shoes AND MORE..

If they adapted BF2 to today's hardware and graphical capabilities and even kept the rush modes/destruction + all the other new things Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 brought to the table I would be very satisfied.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6768|EU

_j5689_ wrote:

I think a lot of people were really really hoping that this game wouldn't be Bad Company 3 under a different name, and that it would be a real PC game, but everybody is already starting to realize it's just another consolized game, even if it may have been developed with particular emphasis on the PC this time.  It's really great that they put extra work into supporting the PC's more powerful hardware through larger player numbers/newer PC-specific graphics APIs and whatnot, but the core gameplay has been so dumbed down and catered to the casual gamer(more money for the publisher with less time spent on separate games for different platforms) that it's really disappointing(even sickening to some) to everybody who were really expecting a true Battlefield experience after 5 years of waiting.  They wanted a real PC game like BF2 and others were, where you have to actually grow into the game and where it wasn't all about flashy new bullshit features to compete with whatever current shitty CoD game was out at the time for the majority of the mindless sheep gamers that play on the cheaper/more accessible/more numerous consoles.

It looks like the next generation Battlefield that every PC player really wanted isn't coming.  Now that EA has done this to the Battlefield franchise, PC gamers pretty much officially have to settle for just being an afterthought to the big name publishers as far as the FPS department goes.

Obviously you could've seen this coming as soon as they announced that there were console versions of BF3 with smaller maps sizes, but it really doesn't hit home until you actually get to play the bastardized version of what you thought was going to be the best PC FPS of its time just like its predecessor, only to find that it's really just a very highly polished port of a shittier game that they thought they could just slap the BF3 label on and still sell to PC gamers like it was still going to be one of the best games ever to hit the PC.

imo, it would've been better for them to just not make it for the PC(and certainly not call it Battlefield 3, maybe Modern Combat 2 or something) and just hold off till they have time to make a dedicated PC game.  But then again the PC market share may be a lot smaller than I realized, and possibly not even worth putting that much into by itself anymore.
This
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6861

_j5689_ wrote:

Well one thing we can look forward to is a great modding community that will mod the shit out of this game and make it like bf2.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5979|Australia

Cybargs wrote:

Well one thing we can look forward to is a great modding community that will mod the shit out of this game and make it like bf2.
No confirmed mod tools, highly unlikely they'd be developed.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5113|Dundee, Scotland.
cant get it running on my pc... need 285.27 drivers from nVidia, and they're for 64bit windows 7. i am not reformatting just so I can pla ythis fucking game
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4987|Amsterdam

_j5689_ wrote:

...the bastardized version of what you thought was going to be the best PC FPS of its time just like its predecessor...
It's still going to be the best PC FPS of its time.
Which says more about PC FPS' than it does about this game.
jord
+2,382|6823|The North, beyond the wall.

Kampframmer wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

...the bastardized version of what you thought was going to be the best PC FPS of its time just like its predecessor...
It's still going to be the best PC FPS of its time.
Which says more about PC FPS' than it does about this game.
Correct.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5181|Massachusetts, USA
Well, we can all agree. MW3 is going to be the shittier than this.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard