(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
First impressions:
  • Web browser is ludicrous, but I think thats EA's way to ensure more control of their network, limit hacks and keep you a number in the vast sea of minions. Who thought this would be a good idea? Not a gamer, rather a over zealous corporate type.
  • Beta is not a full representation of the game, duh, so brush the sand out of your panties, gents. Its going to be an amazing game!
  • Ive had no problems finding servers or connecting. I have been disconnected a few times, but playing bf2 for over 4 years, I dont wig out anymore
  • I need to build my BF3 machine ><
  • Ill post pics where Im under the ground, killing enemies, fun stuff!!
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6340|Atlanta, Georgia
Well this is great. Pre-ordered though gamestop (store) and I called and asked why I don't have a beta key. They said they werent doing that through store bought games. Garbage.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

GuliblGuy wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

I keep getting 'cannot connect to EA online'. I'm playing it on 360, happens all the fucking time. Any ideas?
I would uninstall, turn 360 degrees, and walk away.
I would negative karma you to hell and back if i could. I found 3 fails within your tiny little sentence. I hate you.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

lol
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
You don't need to pre-order anything at this point to play it.  It's open.

With the way everything was worded, I was like you and though you HAD to pre-order a copy somewhere to play the Beta...but you don't...

Just go to the Origin page...you need to set Origin up and get new drivers for your gfx card, but you can dl the beta and play it.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2011-09-29 14:49:41)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

You don't need to pre-order anything at this point to play it.  It's open.

With the way everything was worded, I was like you and though you HAD to pre-order a copy somewhere to play the Beta...but you don't...

Just go to the Origin page...you need to set Origin up and get new drivers for your gfx card, but you can dl the beta and play it.
Oh shit, I didn't know that! I appreciate it!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
wow this game is terrible
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5929|Somewhere out in Space
the fuck is the chat key?
m3thod
+2,197|6669|UK
J like its always been in BF noob
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
i pressed every fucking key and nothing came up, suck a chode its always been y.
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

the fuck is the chat key?
j all k team

The chat browser is shit as well. Cant bring it up at will or leave it up like you can in BC2, also its positioned awkwardly.

It sure doesn't seem like these guys and gals put "overtime hours" into this game as they stated. Or are even making a "revolutionary fps"

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-29 15:12:35)

m3thod
+2,197|6669|UK
it was K in 1942 you know 70 zillion years ago

J K L in BF2: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=4527 … b=controls

J K L in 2142: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=4938 … b=controls

J K L: BFBC2: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=6855 … b=controls

And why the fuck are you getting pissy when called a noob? its your damn name anyway you stupid fuck

Last edited by m3thod (2011-09-29 15:13:34)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
this game is so fucking terrible. Dice die in a fire.
m3thod
+2,197|6669|UK
the only fun thing to do is to go over to the EA UK forums and read the QQ'ing.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652

m3thod wrote:

wow this game is terrible
Yeah I haven't been able to touch Caspian, but my experience so far makes me glad I didn't shill out $60 yet.  I realize it's a beta and all, but you can't customize anything without a huge headache in-game, and the whole process of joining a server made me want to strangle some EA plebes.  Why is it that games keep getting more and more intrusive?  Do they want people to stop gaming?  The last thing I want to do when I want to play for a little bit is log in 6 different times and utilize a browser interface OUTSIDE the game to join a server...  WTF did I step back in time to GameSpy and Quake 2 days?

The game looks pretty good, as well, but it didn't run as well as I expected, either.  If I'm iffy about spending $60 then there's no way I'm going to consider upgrading my i7 gaming rig with GTX 580 if this isn't going 60fps pretty much all the time...

Basically, my beta experience with BC2 went a lot better, and that was a very sub-par game compared to BF2.....

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2011-09-29 15:19:13)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Well this was disappointing. Not even going to get the beta.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
Yeah I'm not really trying to be a Debbie Downer about it, but I would say that I am LESS excited about BF3 after jumping on Metro.  You'd probably just be better off playing the final release to see if you actually like it.

You can't even adjust settings without being ALIVE in-game...that's right...no menu access UNLESS you are in a position for someone to kill you effortlessly...lol. 

Oh, and then when you're trying to change key bindings, you realize that YOU CAN'T.

Then you wonder....why the fuck am I still playing this terrible Metro map? Oh yeah, because the potentially decent map is not only full on every server, but also requires some stupid 15-character password.

I feel like playing BC2 to wash away this dirty feeling, and that's sad...
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver

Zimmer wrote:

Well this was disappointing. Not even going to get the beta.
way to form your own opinion, Zim.  lol
Roc18
`

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Yeah I'm not really trying to be a Debbie Downer about it, but I would say that I am LESS excited about BF3 after jumping on Metro.  You'd probably just be better off playing the final release to see if you actually like it.

You can't even adjust settings without being ALIVE in-game...that's right...no menu access UNLESS you are in a position for someone to kill you effortlessly...lol. 

Oh, and then when you're trying to change key bindings, you realize that YOU CAN'T.

Then you wonder....why the fuck am I still playing this terrible Metro map? Oh yeah, because the potentially decent map is not only full on every server, but also requires some stupid 15-character password.

I feel like playing BC2 to wash away this dirty feeling, and that's sad...
>that feel when I played a few rounds of Battlefield 2 and raped every round after getting owned in BF3 with a 0.63 K/D in battlelog
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Well now I know why people bitch about guns having the same damage as they did in BF2, someone actually figured out how to code hitreg for this game.  When only 1/2 of your shots if youre lucky are going to register, it makes sense for them to do massive damage when they actually did. Now, everyone dies instantly.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2011-09-29 15:46:59)

CC-Marley
+407|6827
how do I get the demo? I purchased the game on Origin.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam
Played some rounds with menzo.
I will admit, i was really pissed at EA because it wasn't working properly. But they were just Beta flaws (i fucking hope so) and i got them sorted out.
Now metro isn't the best map to showcase this game, but i was one of those people that like BC2 and this came (to my regret, i might like BC2, but this should still be a BF2 sequel) pretty close to it.
Now, ignoring the browser and menu clusterfuck, and just looking at gameplay (infantry i'm afraid) it was pretty solid. Action was very intense and the sounds are of excellent quality and really make it an immersing experience.

But of course theres more then just shooting. The menu clusterfuck shouldn't be ignored and isn't bad, but couldve done a lot (A LOT) better and the squad system is just non-existent as far as im concerned, thats how shit it is.

6/10 for the beta. But people that played Caspian said it was a completely different game, so we'll see how it is once its actually released.
m3thod
+2,197|6669|UK

CC-Marley wrote:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta
Roc18
`

CC-Marley wrote:

You should've got an email from EA with a key that you need to activate on Origin to download/install.
CC-Marley
+407|6827
Got an E-mail receipt from Origin that gives no key.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard