Poll

What are your impressions of the Battlefield 3 beta?

Awesome16%16% - 18
Good32%32% - 35
Middle of the road24%24% - 26
Bad12%12% - 13
F*ck this game14%14% - 16
Total: 108
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Thought i'd make a poll to see how everyone feels about the beta.

Personally I'm in the middle, sorta impressed I think Operation Metro is a bad map on a good game that resembles Bad Company 3. Infantry game play is still unimpressive to me. I will always compare infantry gameplay with BF2, BF3 feels like BC2 which sucked in my opinion compared to Battlefield 2.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

FIrstly, I want to list a few things I enjoy about the game thus far.

- The movability feels much more fluent from BC2. PLaying many hours of BF2, I'm very used to the lighter style of engine, and was a factor why i never got into BC2. BF3 seems to be slightly lighter, though the animations do feel sluggish, it does feel a lot better. Thankyou. The Sounds are amazing, the atmosphere is great, but there are factors that immediately need to be addressed.

Faults:

- The Menu

The menu and settings in general is a joke to work with. Not only do you have to be deployed to change anything, such as video settings, etc, but in some cases you can even be kicked for idling while in this stupid thing.

- Killer Cam

Ok, I understand this guy killed me, can i edit my layout and/or change my gun now please? The amount of time I am changing my layout class / layout while readily availble to deploy is silly. Show the guy that killed me, sure, but if i hit a button (enter / whatever) take me to the deploy screen early.

- The Battle Log

I think the battle log is actually very good. Having a social side where everyone can pre-define where and what to do, have profiles etc. It adds to the atmosphere. It's a great concept, and i think people will grow for it.

HOWEVER, When i have a party of mates, and we join a game, can we PLEASE be put in the same squad and team? This is a major factor that had GREAT annoyance from myself and others.

This brings us onto squad management.

- Squads

I haven't played conquest, so i'm unsure if there are commanders or not, but the squad management is terrible. Firstly, i'm a fan of the 6 man squad in bf2. Not sure why it's limited to 4, but this is a minor issue. The main issue lies with not being able to even select the squad you wish to join. Not only now have a joined a game with my mates. Now i cannot get into a squad with my mates i'm actively talking to through vent / teamspeak!

- Voip

If i join a game on my own for some quick fun, i want to talk to my squad, and my team. That is just logic, and to not include this in the game is something that i'm throughly confused about. If i missed something, correct me here, but i didn't notice any in-game voip... only in the battle log, which is redundant if you're playing solo.

- Graphical / Engine issues.

When you are not moving, and you look at your feet, your feet do not animate
Constantly falling through the earth in various spots with no way to get back out
Looking down the scope does spaz out quite often, and also sometimes cannot look down the scope at all without first changing to another weopon and back.

Lastly, i cannot workout for the life of me how to hide and show icons above peoples heads. Sometimes it's there, and then suddenly it isn't. Logical choice would of been ALT (BF2), but that's a no.

Lastly, my computer specs and information.

i7 930 2.8Ghz
6GB Ram
GeForce 560
Driver version 285.38

I hope my Information doesn't fall to silent ears and is used to better improve gameplay with everyone

<3

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo … 100254394/
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
So far I'm feeling that the infantry combat in BF3 is worse than that of BC2 which was worse than BF2.

They seem intent on slowing the game down as much as possible to make it more realistic and I honestly don't know why. If I wanted to play a realistic shooter I'd be playing ArmA. But no I liked the Battlefield series because it uses (used to use) many arcade elements that sacrificed realism for quality combat and fun. Meh hopefully things will change when the full game is released.

Also Metro is an aids map that can fuck off and die.

Last edited by Rod Foxx (2011-09-29 08:58:53)

The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5655|SQUID
They have alot of issues to fix, but once things are ironed out I would say it's a good game. Squad system is so bad, I really can't believe how awful it is.
Roc18
`

The A W S M F O X wrote:

They have alot of issues to fix, but once things are ironed out I would say it's a good game. Squad system is so bad, I really can't believe how awful it is.
I know you can't pick your squad, it sucks ass. Especially if you're playing with a few people. Why can't they just keep it like what BF2/2142 was? Jesus I hope they change alot of this stuff.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال
Good
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5655|SQUID
Even in the load screen it claims you can make/pick your own squad, it's dreadful. IDK if the console version is the same as PC but if it is, fucking hell.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6127|Vancouver | Canada
Is there a way to tell Orgin where to download/install the beta? I installed Orgin itself on my D partition, but it's downloading BF3 to my C partition, where I don't have enough room.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال
in the settings first tab.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Yeah just found it. Thanks.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Even in the load screen it claims you can make/pick your own squad, it's dreadful. IDK if the console version is the same as PC but if it is, fucking hell.
iirc BC2 beta had this, random squads but then full release they unlocked the bit where you can make/lock squads and people joining on you default to your squad etc. not sure why they would lock that for beta though
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6241
I voted bad.

tazz. wrote:

complaints
All those reasons are very annoying, especially squads.

Something else that really gets on my nerves is when you spawn your screen goes completely black for a second or two. What's that about? Several times by the time I can finally see I've already died.

And you can't bring up the Esc menu when you're dead. Massive oversight, very annoying.

Very disappointed with this beta. There are so many things wrong with the game it's unbelievable. The awful awful map isn't helping anything.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-09-29 11:03:43)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51
Joining server...
Joining server...
Joining server...
Joining server...
Joining server...
Joining server...
Joining server...
Joining server...

YET I AM NOT JOINING. F*ck this game gets my vote.
rdx-fx
+955|6562
Origin - broken

Artificial affectation of using your browser as a launcher - broken, silly, misguided.  Write your own damned launcher.

Config changes in game only - dumb dumb oversight. This should've been fixed during the game pre-planning sessions, before the first code was written

Poor network code - Holy fuck.  BF2 netcode worked better.  1990's eastern bloc netcode for Operation: Flashpoint works better.

Poor collision detection - models sinking into the environment, buggy code causing strange model behavior, scope issues

Other than pretty graphics, everything about this game is worse than 2001's Tribes 2.  Hell, BF2 is a better game than BF3, in ALL respects, save pretty DX11 graphics. Netcode, interface, server browser, environment/model interaction, squads, setting changes, etc etc.

How the hell does a company fail so hard, as to make BF3 worse than BF2, when they have the BF2 source code in hand?!
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6360
Anyone playing a console version?
Same issues described here?
Other issues?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Why is every single server running the Metro map?

One of the main reasons I was excited for BF3 was jets.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

Only one map in the Beta...

Maybe 2 if caspian becomes public
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6562|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
I think it's good for a beta.  It comes with all the glorious beta issues you would expect.

My gripe is with the GUI.  Can't leave a game or do anything unless spawned in.

Battlelog needs a server join queue.

Can't do crap while waiting for the kill cam to go away.

Random issues with ability to scope and losing crosshairs.

I personally like the movement and shooting feel.

The inability to see squads is a bug as I have a friend who can see and move around squads fine.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Oh, thought it was part of the beta..

Well, I like the shooting as well, though I have gotten terrible hitreg..

Also, switching weapons will get rid of the scope bug, if you haven't figured that out already.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
"FALL BACK BLYAT"

It's like watching a cheesy movie.
BVC
+325|6666
The bad: Lag is horrible, on servers which are hosted in the same city as me, I quit rounds for far less than that in the past.  I believe this is netcode-related due to the nature of the lag.  Not sure about the menu either, I think I prefer a traditional style menu.  I noticed z-fighting on some models too, from a distance.

The meh: Textures don't look very polished at this stage, they seem somewhat flat.  BC2 looks better.

The good: Awesome level design.  A lot of people hate metro, I like it, it has quite a fluid flow to it, reminds me of Berlin/BF1942 in places.  Very good attention to detail.  Also, when its not lagging it runs very smoothly on my system.

Specs: Phenom II x4 945, 8GB RAM, Radeon 6850, Win7 64-bit, play at 1280x1024/high.
Kez
+778|5674|London, UK
The map just seems a bit claustrophobic but I am impressed. The Squad system is terrible like BC2 so that's a step backwards, but players only get one grenade so I'm content. Still doesn't beat BF2 though.

Not that it matters because I'll be on Karkand all the time when the game is out lololol
jmsprovan
+18|5783|Alba

DefCon-17 wrote:

Why is every single server running the Metro map?

One of the main reasons I was excited for BF3 was jets.
caspian is buggy as hell right now

probably why it wasn't included as a starting map
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6241

Kez wrote:

The map just seems a bit claustrophobic but I am impressed. The Squad system is terrible like BC2 so that's a step backwards, but players only get one grenade so I'm content. Still doesn't beat BF2 though.

Not that it matters because I'll be on Karkand all the time when the game is out lololol
You'll have to wait for the Back to Karkand expansion to be released. There is currently no release date for it, so you'll be waiting a while.
Roc18
`

rdx-fx wrote:

Other than pretty graphics, everything about this game is worse than 2001's Tribes 2.
lol I always used to play that game. It was one of those cheap games my dad got for me when I was younger because it wasn't expensive.

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VNFHXWW7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-29 14:47:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard