Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6101|eXtreme to the maX

Blade4509 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Whatever, I don't like repetitive frag-fests.
So I'm sure you didn't like BF2 MP at all either?
Compared with COD MP with BF2 MP is like comparing - dammit why can't I think up stuff like Uzique
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6684|"The Empire"
Some xbox leaked Beta footage: XBOX Beta Footage

Also in the pics of the Batlelog it shows 2 maps for Open Beta testing and 64 players.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6319|Graz, Austria

Adams_BJ wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Nothing will EVER be as satisfying as when you heard this, the hours you had to put in to get it.

BF2 Drumroll
its true, I always got a little smile when I heard that sound, because you RARELY heard it. Now you get awards every single game.
Fuck yeah!
A few weeks ago, I finally bothered to finish the last 5,000 points in BF2 to get the last unlocks.
And boy was I surprised, as I had totally forgotten how exciting that drumroll is combined with the unlock menu that's popping up.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

Wow this game is aweso--- wait a second, it's on on-rails shooter segment
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6781|Anaheim, CA

13urnzz wrote:

bots don't rageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This....

What hooked me on BF2, as I was showing a friend the game for the first time....was that you are playing real people out there.  I was in a server, and killed a guy 3 times in a row, and I told my friend, that's another real person out there.....and he's pisssssed right now.

BC2 had the SP....I played maybe 3 missions, and then right back to MP, because I was wasting hours when I could be ranking up and getting awards and whatnot.
NAthANSmitt
Stud
+4|6124

SEREMAKER wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I'd rather have a fucking outstanding MP and NO SP then have a good SP and good MP

I'm not buying BF3 for the SP and neither is anyone else ...... instead of having the manhours/power that was delegated to SP they should have had all hands on deck to MP and only MP
an AI programmer isn't much use in a MP only game, ect.

There are lots of similar reasons why it isn't just as simple as thinking that everyone in a game studio can do one thing.
so what you're saying is fire the AI guy because he's a waste of space and a pay check for this project due to the fact no-one ( in their right mind ) want a SP with BF3 and would prefer a flawless MP game and hire a programmer to work along with the rest of the MP crew to make sure they work out the bugs before release day

There are lots of similar reasons why no-one wants a SP in this game, it isn't just as simple as thinking thats it waste
I think a solid single player experience is a good thing to invest in. Especially if they can tell a good story, and from the campaign previews it looks pretty cool. I think the set pieces are truly epic without going over the top like COD. I wouldn't totally discount single player just because you don't want it.

I think SP is a good way to win over people from other games such as COD and to also teach people the basics. You can't have just a tutorial for a game like this. You need a good story with good action to hook players because most are just going to be like "pfft... what a lame tutorial, I'm going to go jump straight in.", they get their asses kicked because they haven't the slightest clue what they are doing or what is going on and then its "Fuck this game" and they tell everyone it sucks.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5749|Roma

NAthANSmitt wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

an AI programmer isn't much use in a MP only game, ect.

There are lots of similar reasons why it isn't just as simple as thinking that everyone in a game studio can do one thing.
so what you're saying is fire the AI guy because he's a waste of space and a pay check for this project due to the fact no-one ( in their right mind ) want a SP with BF3 and would prefer a flawless MP game and hire a programmer to work along with the rest of the MP crew to make sure they work out the bugs before release day

There are lots of similar reasons why no-one wants a SP in this game, it isn't just as simple as thinking thats it waste
I think a solid single player experience is a good thing to invest in. Especially if they can tell a good story, and from the campaign previews it looks pretty cool. I think the set pieces are truly epic without going over the top like COD. I wouldn't totally discount single player just because you don't want it.

I think SP is a good way to win over people from other games such as COD and to also teach people the basics. You can't have just a tutorial for a game like this. You need a good story with good action to hook players because most are just going to be like "pfft... what a lame tutorial, I'm going to go jump straight in.", they get their asses kicked because they haven't the slightest clue what they are doing or what is going on and then its "Fuck this game" and they tell everyone it sucks.
Its not about winning people from cod, but if i pay 50-60euroes for a game i would also like to have the option to play singleplayer.
I mean once in a while it happens that you cant be bothered to play online for what ever reason, and having an okish/ good campaign seems like a good idea to put some hours into. I mean its not like they are gonna divert a major part of their time to develop the singleplayer. The game mechanics are already there, the maps to...
It seems like a good value for money to have a good sp campaign.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6667|UK
no.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon

aerodynamic wrote:

Its not about winning people from cod,
yes, it is
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6685|Tampa Bay Florida
the co-op missions look like shit compared to MW2's spec ops mode tbh.  Just saying.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5749|Roma
give me the fucking beta already....fucking god fucker.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

steelie34 wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Its not about winning people from cod,
yes, it is
take down? no. chip away at? yes.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5995|Vortex Ring State

Spearhead wrote:

the co-op missions look like shit compared to MW2's spec ops mode tbh.  Just saying.
eh it's differentish
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu … ?id=165400
Beta ready for PC, waiting on approval from Microsoft and Sony so things can get started.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5749|Roma
oh cmon sony microsoft, hurry the fuck up.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
If the PC is ready to rock, why are we waiting?  And why do consoles need a beta when their hardware is all the same? 
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
lolconsole
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6688

mtb0minime wrote:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165400
Beta ready for PC, waiting on approval from Microsoft and Sony so things can get started.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Hjb6y0p-zso/TaB02SWoVJI/AAAAAAAAAQc/pEZx6oSUu7I/s1600/ObiWanMindTrick.jpg
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6705

Stingray24 wrote:

If the PC is ready to rock, why are we waiting?
just another case of consoles holding back pc brah!1!11
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Roc18
`
+655|5786|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Stingray24 wrote:

UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6684|"The Empire"

Stingray24 wrote:

Because this was made for exclusively for PC gamers, consoles.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5746|شمال

TehMyke wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

just another case of consoles holding back pc brah!1!11
lol
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6319|Graz, Austria

Stingray24 wrote:

And why do consoles need a beta when their hardware is all the same? 
Those pre-release betas are the newest marketing gimmick, not an actual tool for testing the games performance or stability.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4838|Amsterdam

globefish23 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Those pre-release betas are the newest marketing gimmick, not an actual tool for testing the games performance or stability.
Yeah.
Nobody releases a demo anymore, so they just made up this 'in-development' pre-release beta as a way to get the game out there rather than improving it from community feedback (what beta's are actually intended for)
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!

Kampframmer wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Yeah.
Nobody releases a demo anymore, so they just made up this 'in-development' pre-release beta as a way to get the game out there rather than improving it from community feedback (what beta's are actually intended for)
what do you mean..it's not like they wanted to make money from desperate BF fans by "making you pay for it" : http://www.medalofhonor.com/battlefield3

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard