RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/0 … ?hpt=hp_t1

Damn.  This is a terrible loss for the special operations community, and the ISAF.

A toast...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
It's tragic! There hasn't been a loss of life in a single day so high since ~2005 when another Chinook with SEALs in it was brought down.

Seems pretty dumb packing so many people into the slowest moving helicopter that's also the biggest and takes forever to land to go on spec op missions. Shouldn't they be using something quicker and more agile?

Rest in Peace, my condolences to the families of the dead.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
They have to use it because the high altitude destroys the power output of other helos.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Are there any other choppers that can fulfill that role? Maybe CH53 Super Stallions? I'd think those are as slow and unagile as CH47s though. Maybe CH46s?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
wonder who they were en route to illegally unilaterally kill this time
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Are there any other choppers that can fulfill that role? Maybe CH53 Super Stallions? I'd think those are as slow and unagile as CH47s though. Maybe CH46s?
not sure where you are getting your info, but the Ch-47 is one the fastest, if not the fastest chopper in the inventory, also one of the most versatile. It has been around since vietnam and they are still manufacturing them. Not sure where you are getting this shit about slow and unagile, but you might wanna trash it.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

SHIIIT lowing and shitty fighting, this is going to be interesting!
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
lowing would win since he's in the aeronautics bznsz afaik
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA

Cybargs wrote:

lowing would win since he's in the aeronautics bznsz afaik
It isn't hard to win an argument against shifty though, all you need to do is keep the argument going for a page or two and shifty will contradict himself a few times.

Uzique wrote:

They were on route to help a unit that was in a firefight.

Terrible loss to the Military as a whole btw, I wish the best for their families

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-08-07 06:18:05)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Working on a replacement, but it's a tough nut to crack.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

UnkleRukus wrote:

Uzique wrote:

They were on route to help a unit that was in a firefight.

Terrible loss to the Military as a whole btw, I wish the best for their families
with afghan troops involved, IIRC. Kind of the opposite of unilateral and illegal.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Stimey
­
+786|6091|Ontario | Canada
just a cover up

they were all killed when they went to kill binladen
hes still out there and his terror cell is stronger than ever!
­
­
­
­
­
­
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State
We had a fallen angel last week. Had to go recover it on QRF. Everybody made it out.

RPG hit the Gator that was in the bird. Lucky
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

lowing wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

not sure where you are getting your info, but the Ch-47 is one the fastest, if not the fastest chopper in the inventory, also one of the most versatile. It has been around since vietnam and they are still manufacturing them. Not sure where you are getting this shit about slow and unagile, but you might wanna trash it.
Where do you get your information from? I'm being curious, not a smartass.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

with afghan troops involved, IIRC. Kind of the opposite of unilateral and illegal.
Not really, they're mostly along for the ride.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

lowing wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Where do you get your information from? I'm being curious, not a smartass.
I have worked around chinooks, although not directly on them ( we mechanics talk)  in the past,  but even a quick google search can show you what all that thing is capable of, and it is impressive.

I am told that the actual max airspeed of the chinook is classified. I do not know if that is true or not but I have heard it a few times in various conversations.

Oh and contrary to what was posted, I wasn't trying to argue with you, just letting ya know that big and ugly doesn't mean slow and cumbersome

Last edited by lowing (2011-08-08 03:44:24)

FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/AjrOv.jpg
― Albert Einstein

FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

lowing wrote:

Oh and contrary to what was posted, I wasn't trying to argue with you, just letting ya know that big and ugly doesn't mean slow and cumbersome
lol. Sounds remarkably like the beginning of a multipage argument with FM...
― Albert Einstein

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...
The chinook is one of the better looking helos imo
inane little opines
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's tragic! There hasn't been a loss of life in a single day so high since ~2005 when another Chinook with SEALs in it was brought down.

Seems pretty dumb packing so many people into the slowest moving helicopter that's also the biggest and takes forever to land to go on spec op missions. Shouldn't they be using something quicker and more agile?

Rest in Peace, my condolences to the families of the dead.
Slowest moving? The thing does in excess of 300 kph or nearly 200 mph. That is not at all slow for a helicopter, let alone such a huge one.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Why?
Are the Afghan forces directing operations now?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why?
Are the Afghan forces directing operations now?
In many cases, yes. As are Iraqis.
― Albert Einstein

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
you managed to convince them all to stop chewing khat and blazing opiates and actually do something other than shoot one another?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6703|Cambridge, England

Uzique wrote:

you managed to convince them all to stop chewing khat and blazing opiates and actually do something other than shoot one another?
And kids, Theyre good at shooting kids.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
with rpg's? yeah i've seen that one, too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard