lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

You made a DIRECT comparison to the response of the Norway attack to that of the 911 attack so please give me a break.
No I didn't ... if you read my post further up I said nothing like that at all, either your reading or comprehension is failing you ...
"This incident will not result in a Patriot Act or similar!" <---- yeah ya did.

THis is where I said that the US did not change much regarding security after OK city. bombing. You saying you will not institute something like the patriot act after Norway is implying that you will not do what the US did after 911. THat is a comparison.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

You made a DIRECT comparison to the response of the Norway attack to that of the 911 attack so please give me a break.
No I didn't ... if you read my post further up I said nothing like that at all, either your reading or comprehension is failing you ...

THis is where I said that the US did not change much regarding security after OK city. bombing. You saying you will not institute something like the patriot act after Norway is implying that you will not do what the US did after 911. THat is a comparison.
Whatever ... you clearly don't understand semantics and rethorics very well so I'll excuse your lack of comprehension in this matter!

You clearly show an astonishing ignorance when you are picking on small things like this as a giant sidestep of the discussion, you don't debate like a 45 year old but rather a 5 year old.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Whatever ... you clearly don't understand semantics and rethorics very well so I'll excuse your lack of comprehension in this matter!

You clearly show an astonishing ignorance when you are picking on small things like this as a giant sidestep of the discussion, you don't debate like a 45 year old but rather a 5 year old.
lol oh now it is just "semantics and rhetoric"

actually I addressed every bit of your post. You wanted to change the name of the attacker to ALI as if that was the distinguishing factor in the attacks. When I called you out on that and insisted that you switch the single attacker to an organization like AQ who warns of continuous attacks if you do not meet their demands. An apples to apples comparison.  You decided it was best to simply insult me and claim victory.

but you're right..whatever.

Last edited by lowing (2011-07-28 07:41:20)

Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

inmates at Ila prison: "we'll get him is we see him."
prison guards: "threats? what threats?"
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Hallvard wrote:

inmates at Ila prison: "we'll get him is we see him."
prison guards: "threats? what threats?"
Yeah, they will probably run him over with their golf carts.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
yep im sure ila prison (an ex nazi concentration camp) has the golf buggies and horse stables you seem fixated on.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

FatherTed wrote:

yep im sure ila prison (an ex nazi concentration camp) has the golf buggies and horse stables you seem fixated on.
Already posted n example of Norwegian prison. A guy convicted of murdering 22 people got 21 years, served 12, completely rehabilitated, got a new name and a new life and financial support. All that is missing is the golf cart. It is in this thread a few pages back, somewhere among all of the insults for making fun of Norway's prisons.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
rehabilitated and reintroduced back as a positive contributing member of Norwegian society.

whats there not to like?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK
Go Norway!

If it wasn't ass busting cold and beer didn't cost £50 a pint i'd move there

Last edited by m3thod (2011-07-28 15:16:21)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

m3thod wrote:

rehabilitated and reintroduced back as a positive contributing member of Norwegian society.

whats there not to like?
whats not to like? Because he got a chance 22 other people he killed didn't.
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK
stop dwelling on the past.  sheesh.  let it go.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

m3thod wrote:

Go Norway!

If it wasn't ass busting cold and beer didn't cost £50 a pint i'd move there
.....and you can get away with murder!!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Already posted n example of Norwegian prison. A guy convicted of murdering 22 people got 21 years, served 12, completely rehabilitated, got a new name and a new life and financial support. All that is missing is the golf cart. It is in this thread a few pages back, somewhere among all of the insults for making fun of Norway's prisons.
and it was pointed out (a few times) by people itt that the prisons you're referring to are the ones prisoners move to at the very end of a sentence to get ready for society. and a quick google would have told you ila prison isn't exactly this.

but fuck it;

FatherTed wrote:

im not going to be dragged into an argument about it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK
not really, you still have to do the time which isn't getting away with it.  it wasn't mengele you know.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

m3thod wrote:

not really, you still have to do the time which isn't getting away with it.  it wasn't mengele you know.
do the time? yeah that is like less that 6 months per murder. Not bad. that must be one hell of a 12 step program they got in Norway
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK
beats getting executed.  which is barbaric.  god bless the EU.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

m3thod wrote:

I mean it does sound great, unless you are the guy that had his throat slit, or the woman that was raped and murdered, then you get the shit end of the stick, but if you are the murderer hell, you got it made.

THats why I am more for justice for the victims than rehab for the murderer, if his victims do not get a second chance, neither should he, crazy as it sounds.

Last edited by lowing (2011-07-28 15:52:15)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney

m3thod wrote:

"An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind."
  --  Mahatma Gandhi
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Jaekus wrote:

m3thod wrote:

--  Mahatma Gandhi
Nonsense.  How many people have you blinded?
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney

Ilocano wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

m3thod wrote:

--  Mahatma Gandhi
Nonsense.  How many people have you blinded?
It's an ideology. Certainly not nonsense though.
Think about it.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

not a jab or whatever : a legit question for Norweigins

Person commits murder - gets charged 21 years but is out in 12 after good behavior & rehab-ed - he commits murder again

What happens to said person after he found guilty : Is he given 21 years but this time he has to serve the full amount or is his slate wiped clean after the 1st time served and he has a chance to get back out on good behavior ?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney
They have that law that states that after 21 years they are reviewed to be deemed safe to return to society, ie. rehabilitated.

I'd wager a guess that on a second murder they would no longer be deemed safe to ever return to society, and would spend the rest of their life in prison,
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

be nice if they could angle this case to be a person to person case ... something to the extent that instead of one charge for all deaths he gets charged murder on a individual bases per person and then gets sentenced per murder charge 84 x 21  1764 years - possibly out on good behavior at 801 years
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

SEREMAKER wrote:

not a jab or whatever : a legit question for Norweigins

Person commits murder - gets charged 21 years but is out in 12 after good behavior & rehab-ed - he commits murder again

What happens to said person after he found guilty : Is he given 21 years but this time he has to serve the full amount or is his slate wiped clean after the 1st time served and he has a chance to get back out on good behavior ?
As far as I can recall, at least in the case of murder cases, if you're let out early, you're still under relatively strict surveillance, and any false move sends you straight back to prison. You're kind of still doing time, only out in the open. So, if you're out after 12 years, you have 9 years of "open jail-time", so to speak, and once you're done with those, you're free (and you have nothing left to serve).

As for repeat offenders, I can't really recall any repeat murder cases (Varegg?), but I'd assume that you've proven a failure to rehabilitate, so the punishment will be quite a lot harsher the second time 'round.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney

SEREMAKER wrote:

be nice if they could angle this case to be a person to person case ... something to the extent that instead of one charge for all deaths he gets charged murder on a individual bases per person and then gets sentenced per murder charge 84 x 21  1764 years - possibly out on good behavior at 801 years
Yeah I agree. That's what happened to Martin Bryant (Port Arthur Massacre). He's currently serving 35 consecutive life sentences. So 25 or so years x 35 = 875 years.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard