AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

did anyone here actually read atg's zombie wars?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
lol
Tu Stultus Es
gurdeep
­
+812|4726|proll­y
i did
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

eleven bravo wrote:

parker was a giant tool before he became a mod.  the way he would talk about being a bad ass with guns and knives and then seeing a picture of him looking like 80 pounds of shit  on a 5 foot frame made it obvious.  if you got burned by him, you derserve it.
that's not entirely true, Flaming_Douchebag posted a testimonial with pictures, enough for me to consider buying when he PM'd me saying "you'll like it" and i paypal'd for one only to be stiffed. i think this is a case of me being to naive that two mods could be trusted. Today i own a Buck® knife that has served me well, and i picked it up w/o a forum recommendation.
gurdeep
­
+812|4726|proll­y
free parker
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

i don't think you guys understand that chuy/oh don't care if this forum dies.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

if they don't care about it dying why would they care if someone called someone else a cunt?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire

Dauntless wrote:

if they don't care about it dying why would they care if someone called someone else a cunt?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

it's clearly ken who doesn't care about this site with those sort of insensitive and inflammatory comments.

ken for de-mod status.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

because for chuy, it's his forum and he gets to decide the rules and restrictions

OH. as an admin, is responsible for making sure this forum runs smoothly and is moderated according to the rules and restrictions.  This place isn't intended to be a playground for people to berate and degrade one another or post nonsense.  And I'm just as guilty of it as anyone else here from time to time.  You can go to any other place on the internet and find that.  There's a certain standard that chuy/oh want to follow, and they are the decision makers.  If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.  If you want to keep posting here, you have to follow the rules.  That's just the way it is, whether we all like it or not.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

RTHKI wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

lol, P(olitically Correctness trumps) C(oncerned  stewardship) rules American internets. why i got a vacation when a scot attacked me when i responded.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

And I'm just as guilty of it as anyone else here from time to time.
See he admits it!
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

#announce{
    display:none;
}
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

who ever made atg a mod has zero credibility when it comes to claiming to be involved in the forum
or parker
Parker was a mod before he scammed everyone. As if one day he realized that he built up enough trust that he could finally pull such shit off.
Its called "playing the long game".
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478
if everyone didn't walk around with a stick up their sandy vaginas, i think this would be a normal place. but it isn't because you can't make a joke towards another member or mod because they will cry about it and mods will go nazi. Take a look at this thread, people are talking like there is a serious issue of 'cyber bullying'. 

"If u dun liek wut u c, get ouf ot kichn." -bf2s legend

This forum is too dead to be taken seriously. Internet is serious business on bf2s.com, and it isn't fun. It'd be fun if i was 12 and hadn't been on any other forums in my life but unfortunately for bf2s that is not the case.

inb4 i get banned for this post, lol.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6620|Washington DC

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Not true.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand

OrangeHound wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Not true.
I was going to say...
I know fucking karate
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

What were you going to say?
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand
That it was unlikely they simply don't care if it dies
I know fucking karate
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
this proves ken is out of touch

time to leave your badge on the table.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand
hahaha I remember watching that video on KISS for the first time.
I know fucking karate
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6490|Πάϊ
I don't get what the fuss is about... Why can't we just have normal discussions like we do irl? Wtf is it with you people and flaming? It's part of life. Get used to it, deal with it.
The only thing keeping this forum together still is a bunch of people talking like they would to a friend on the street. Afraid of roughing it a little?
"If u dun liek wut u c, get ouf ot kichn." -bf2s legend
(d&st especially)

Last edited by oug (2011-07-29 08:55:55)

ƒ³
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6484|AUS
Kudo's for the effort OH.
It's pretty obvious that most of the guys that have responded negatively to your comments don't have much of an idea as to the purpose.
This site had a lot more regular posters a few years ago but over time most of the mature ones who actually wanted to discuss BF2 got sick of the constant flaming and abuse and decided to quit posting.
The kids these days (no, I'm not one) seem to think that because the internet allows them to post anonomously the community standards regarding courtesy and general respect of others just don't apply to them. Probably why assaults and other violent personal crimes are on the up because they try to use their internet standards of behaviour in public and receive a swift punch in the face for it.

BF3 is going to be here soon and it's likely to attract a whole bunch of new (and old) members to engage in discussions of this new game.
If prospective new members look into the site in the hope of finding some intelligent discussion they are likely to be disappointed (or disgusted) at the behaviour of some of the current trolls (if it is allowed to continue unabated) and decide not to be involved.

I spent some time moderating the GameArena forums for BF2 here is AUS and it's pretty much devolved into a similar situation with a bunch of hardcore trolls that belittle, abuse and insult other posters at every opportunity. New members cop a deluge of abuse as soon as they attempt to offer their opinion on something and they just don't hang around. I tried to convince our senior admins that an improvement in standards (such as you are proposing) was in order but was told to just let it slide. I decided to quit rather than be considered responsible for allowing the garbage that was being posted to be the standard for the site. It has only gone downhill further since then.
I was fully aware from numerous comments from players on the BF2 servers and via personal messages that (despite the seemingly unending raft of abuse that was posted by some members) there was a far greater number of people wanting to engage in earnest and somewhat polite discussion regarding the game and other issues but chose not to due to a small number of members who continually posted abusive or insulting comments.
It seems that a large number of chat rooms and forums tend to be derailed by negative behaviour. I for one am glad to see that you are trying to take a stand against it on your site.

I think a general clean-up of the behaviour standards for some of the more abusive members on BF2s would go a long way towards making this site a popular choice for people wanting to get on board and offer their opinions on every aspect of BF3.
BF2s is still pretty much the premier site in the world (good onya Jeff) for tracking BF2 stats. When BF3 kicks off there will be a huge number of players wanting to track their new BF3 stats and a better standard of behaviour on the forums may encourage them to get on and have a bit of a chat about them while they are looking up all the flash new badges, medals and unlocks that they will be racking up.

Start slapping some perma-bans on the more abusive members (and mods if necessary) and you're likely to see a rapid increase in new members as well as old ones that have decided to rejoin and express their opinions.

Just curious......are you going to rename the site BF3s at some point?
Or maybe you guys could start a new one under that name and enforce strict standards from day one, might be easier than retraining the current crop.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-07-29 13:50:49)

jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
Why so serious
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
Oh and

jord wrote:

You can't wrap people in cotton wool. A good aspect of this forum for the younger (stupider) members is they can post incorrect opinions anonymously and get their negative feedback and a few insults back without incident. Science forbid people spouted some of the stuff they do here in real life, oh the shame.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard