justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Sorry but this place is just fine, threads like this are useless and if anything will just make things worse. It doesn't matter if you claim to be here every day, you don't actively interact with other members, and to be frank you seem to have misinterpreted the dynamic we have here. I would love to see all these complaints you speak of, I can't think that anybody would seriously complain about anybody else here, because this is a redundant site with a relatively small amount of active users, who at the end of the day all appreciate that anybody posts here at all,  the more posts the merrier. Yes there are lines that can't be crossed, but that very rarely happens, and when it does I've seen the mods deal with it promptly.

The only thing that can improve this site, is less perm banning.

The rules of this site have not changed.  Follow them or, alternatively, start your own forum with different rules and invite everyone over.
For somebody that comes here every day, that sure is a stupid statement to make, do you realise how delicate the member base is here? Honestly it's a miracle this place is as active as it is, the rules have changed, or the way they are enforced has certainly changed, I'm happy that the mods show a lot of restraint most of the time, if you suddenly want to start AWM'ing and banning for every little infringement, believe me you will kill the site.

Last edited by justice (2011-07-25 15:55:30)

I know fucking karate
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
tl;dr
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Sturgeon
+488|4911|Flintshire

m3thod wrote:

tl;dr
ban
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
posting
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

FatherTed wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Just to be clear.  Your discussions on this forum are to be about topics
Can we stop chat threads then? Those things are the biggest incubators for the problem this OP is adressing anyway.
dont really see why

any other forum has a chatbox or daythread or similar so people can just hash out the 'wut you doing, im doing ur mum stuff'. a chatbox/daythread would be fine if we had more than like 50 active posters, as it is we don't, and it would be too desolate. ee chats works well in what its for imo
Maybe if the forum actually worked like a forum with threads about stuff rather than circle jerk chat threads we wouldn't have an insular little community that rejects as many people as it let's in and throws a fit whenever a mod, mods.

When the site switches to bf3s, and we get an influx of new members the current format is going to make sure the site stays tiny and dull.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
i would much prefer a mod flamed me than awm/ban me then i could at least return the favour, awm/ban is the act of a coward and a pussy. 

And lets face it when was the last time a mod initiates a flame? Its nearly always a retaliatory flame which is fine by me.

Last edited by m3thod (2011-07-25 16:18:18)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Varegg unloads on marine and lowing all the time.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

This just in, BF2s forums suck. Oh wait, that's old news.

Shit, why am I still posting here.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
u all got trolled
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

Macbeth wrote:

Varegg unloads on marine and lowing all the time.
deserved and deserved

i used to get it from FM (well who didnt) you didnt see me cry like a bitch and send OH pm after pm.  fuck.

Last edited by m3thod (2011-07-25 16:22:02)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I never got it from FM. I still PM him every so often. I miss him.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
FM was a complete joke, some little kid with a massive E-ego. He was exposed so many times, and destroyed in arguments by the likes of Uzique, then he would go cry for a few days.
I know fucking karate
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
\_/

^^ brings back memories

edit: Justice's posts are making me think differently. Forget about my first post, I've still stuck around despite all the crap I get thrown at me, and War Man too. I wouldn't mind getting insulted less often, but then again, that's my fault, so if enforcing rules so people get flamed less makes people leave I'd rather not have the rules.

Donno if that made sense, I'm exhausted so try to bare with me.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-07-25 16:20:15)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

justice wrote:

FM was a complete joke, some little kid with a massive E-ego. He was exposed so many times, and destroyed in arguments by the likes of Uzique, then he would go cry for a few days.
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada
guys please do not speak down on your moderators, who everyone knows hold a higher regard than you because of their title
it is disrespectful thank you
­
­
­
­
­
­
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
FM was a punk.

He acted like he was some intellectual when in reality he was just a kid who thought his shit didn't stink.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

If anything, I view member-moderator flaming as a form of bonding and recognizing that even though they may hold a tiny bit of power, we are still equals.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

m3thod wrote:

justice wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6415|EE Chat
inb4uzique
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

uzique banned
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6415|EE Chat

Dauntless wrote:

uzique banned
inb4uz1que
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

Superior Mind wrote:

drama
CC-Marley
+407|6798
fo yo mama
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

justice wrote:

Sorry but this place is just fine, threads like this are useless and if anything will just make things worse. It doesn't matter if you claim to be here every day, you don't actively interact with other members, and to be frank you seem to have misinterpreted the dynamic we have here. I would love to see all these complaints you speak of, I can't think that anybody would seriously complain about anybody else here, because this is a redundant site with a relatively small amount of active users, who at the end of the day all appreciate that anybody posts here at all,  the more posts the merrier. Yes there are lines that can't be crossed, but that very rarely happens, and when it does I've seen the mods deal with it promptly.

The only thing that can improve this site, is less perm banning.

The rules of this site have not changed.  Follow them or, alternatively, start your own forum with different rules and invite everyone over.
For somebody that comes here every day, that sure is a stupid statement to make, do you realise how delicate the member base is here? Honestly it's a miracle this place is as active as it is, the rules have changed, or the way they are enforced has certainly changed, I'm happy that the mods show a lot of restraint most of the time, if you suddenly want to start AWM'ing and banning for every little infringement, believe me you will kill the site.
The only person I ever saw seriously bitching about mods or spam or any of the other crap listed in the OP was marine. Why? I don't know. The guy has a serious persecution complex.

Edit - Except for Varegg's ban of me, that was uncalled for and powertrippy as hell.

Last edited by Jay (2011-07-25 17:49:27)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

justice wrote:

He spent three pages debating with me one time and the entire basis of his argument was a wikipedia article that he kept quoting verbatim. Such a tool.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard