Poll

Should the sniper rifles be accurate/have crosshairs when unscoped?

Yes, as accurate as they are scoped(with crosshairs)9%9% - 22
Yes, as accurate as they are scoped(without crosshairs)9%9% - 22
More accurate, but not as good as scoped18%18% - 41
No, they're fine as they are33%33% - 75
No, they should be less accurate4%4% - 10
I like cheese23%23% - 53
Other (will post)1%1% - 3
Total: 226
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6586
My choice: Yes, as accurate as they are scoped(without crosshairs)

I think they should be more accurate but having crosshairs would turn them into the next uber-weapon. At the moment hitting someone at 10m range is next to impossible with the unscoped rifles, I think I've hit someone once at about 2m... I was very suprised, shame it wasn't in the head.

Your opinions?
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6572
i picked no theyre fine because if you have it as accurate as scoped what is the Point of scoped? its fine the way it is and i agree with your "uber-weapon" thing aswell!

peace andy
meowmix4jo
+5|6596
should be the same as unscoped but no crosshairs because really,just moving a rifle in real life isnt gonna make IT more accurate its juts gonna make YOU more accurate but yeah ive tried to hit someone at like 5m when they surpised me by defusing my clays once and thats about the only time i hit, lucky me they were already hurt , otherwise ive tried many times before and no matter if they were right in front of me like 2 inches away ive never hit so they really need an upgrade
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6572
the whole point of using the sniper is to be stealthy and skillful and being able to use it without zooming,and it being able to be one of the most devastating kits in the game in my opinion makes this idea not really feasible!

peace andy
Hydroion
+67|6634|England
hee hee i like cheese specially cheddar cheese

but ye having crosshairs would be bad. its bad enough people running around with SRAW's and the ERYX let alone sniper rifles with cross hairs.
meowmix4jo
+5|6596
well without the scope it would only be use for CQB, ive been stuck in CQB before and not had enough time to pull out my pistol and not wanting to waste SVD ammo, i think it should be accurate to at least like 15m incase soemone surprises you
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6782|AUS, Canberra
ummm isnt that why they gave us pistols?
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6764
No, they're fine as they are.

A couple years ago I was playing CS with my friend and he got a glitch. He had crosshairs for AWP(unscoped). That was pwnage, he did not have to aim at all. So, I say no. crosshairs for sniper rifle(unscoped) will ruin the gameplay.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6744|St. Andrews / Oslo

I like cheese
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6609|Seattle

I like tater-tots
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
DrM
+33|6633
If sniper rifles had a cross hair and were accurate think how many people would be running around with SVD's and Type-88's.
As much damage as a PKM, but with a faster rate of fire and sniper rifle accuracy? I think they are fine just as they are thank you.

DrM
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6850

the_heart_attack wrote:

that is what I am thinking too.

it's not that much effort to hit the 2 key and blast away with my gat at you fools.
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6586

the_heart_attack wrote:

Yeah, but if you're caught by a guy with an AK-101 on the way to a good sniper spot, you're screwed
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6764

M_Harrower wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Yeah, but if you're caught by a guy with an AK-101 on the way to a good sniper spot, you're screwed
Claymore is your good friend

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-17 11:05:30)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6703|Devon, England
halo has crosshairs wen unscoped and u dont even have to zoom to get a headshot, itl ruin bf2
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6577|Area 51
I like cheese
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6764|Toronto, ON

M_Harrower wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Maybe others, but the AK-101 guy will be screwed when he finds me.
Alpha as fuck.
yayo
+2|6588
its fine the way it is
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA
i like cheese having an accurate unscoped sniper rifle is just ghay.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6631|Manitowoc, WI
you know you kinda set up for a bunch of spam posts by having I like cheese as an option

But on topic (im probably not saying a whole lot that hasnt been said already), i think they should be just like they are.  if they were jsut as accuret at the hip as scoped it would be horrible. 

the regualr weapons are (as they should ne) alot less accurent at the hip than down the sites and the sniper rifle shouldnt be any different
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

theres a hack for it, you can use that
dont_be_ss
+312|6606|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

Nyte wrote:

M_Harrower wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Maybe others, but the AK-101 guy will be screwed when he finds me.
lol
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6690|Middle of nowhere
ya know, if you want to have a "scope" while unscoped, just put a little red dot on your screen, it works, and i've seen people that do it... kind of weird but it works

i'm just saying, if you want something like that, you can do it that way, but i don't think that they should add a scope in the game... it would suck... i mean, you'd have 64 Snipers running around on Karkand if that happened
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany

genius_man16 wrote:

ya know, if you want to have a "scope" while unscoped, just put a little red dot on your screen, it works, and i've seen people that do it... kind of weird but it works

i'm just saying, if you want something like that, you can do it that way, but i don't think that they should add a scope in the game... it would suck... i mean, you'd have 64 Snipers running around on Karkand if that happened
Yup,I have a tiny piece of duct tape on my screen,it's about the size of a single pixel and I have to center it with a razorblade...but after that it really works,especially for pistol headshots.
Brasso
+1,549|6642

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Yup,I have a tiny piece of duct tape on my screen,it's about the size of a single pixel and I have to center it with a razorblade...but after that it really works,especially for pistol headshots.
LMAO that is a genius idea!.....except for the LCD people.....such as me...

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-05-17 13:25:06)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard