+241|5754|Roma
nothing.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Ridir wrote:

wtf just happened to this thread
Sh1fty trolled usm, or made a complete ass of himself, one of the two - only Sh1fty knows for sure.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney
If he did it was accidental. He really is not that sophisticated
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID
you are all trolling yourself
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

liars

Nothing like the realistic experience of a good computer game. It totally takes balls to do certain things. The authenticity (like the right side ejection port) immerses you, and therefore you can experience combat on a close level. It takes huge balls to run into a room, at the peril of your own life, to attempt to kill many people.
To be honest, you have a point. The things i've seen playing BF2 will haunt me forever, helicopters falling from the sky, squads getting gunned down in front of me. Of course, I keep this quiet when around my friends, they wouldn't understand... I mean, how could they? They don't know what i've been through.
what the fuck

is this really what passes for trolling nowadays

Last edited by Spark (2011-06-22 02:16:32)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

Spark wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

liars

Nothing like the realistic experience of a good computer game. It totally takes balls to do certain things. The authenticity (like the right side ejection port) immerses you, and therefore you can experience combat on a close level. It takes huge balls to run into a room, at the peril of your own life, to attempt to kill many people.
To be honest, you have a point. The things i've seen playing BF2 will haunt me forever, helicopters falling from the sky, squads getting gunned down in front of me. Of course, I keep this quiet when around my friends, they wouldn't understand... I mean, how could they? They don't know what i've been through.
what the fuck

is this really what passes for trolling nowadays
apparently
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954
Enough about this so called 'trolling' lets get back to the thread title. In fact I have a question, my comp is about 6 years old now and struggles to run word so i'll be buying a new one around November/December. It won't be some fancy gaming rig, instead it will be a £500-£600 factory model from some chain like Currys. Will I be able to get a decent comp that could run BF3 smoothly for that price? ( I don't want to have to build the thing either).

Last edited by Pure_Beef_68 (2011-06-22 02:52:49)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Enough about this so called 'trolling' lets get back to the thread title. In fact I have a question, my comp is about 6 years old now and struggles to run word so i'll be buying a new one around November/December. It won't be some fancy gaming rig, instead it will be a £500-£600 factory model from some chain like Currys. Will I be able to get a decent comp that could run BF3 smoothly for that price? ( I don't want to have to build the thing either).
£600 would get you:

XFX HD6870
ASUS P8P67-LE
4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz RAM
i5 2500k CPU
Corsair TX-650
Samsung F3 1TB HDD
Antec 300

That would be a pretty damn nice gaming build. However, buying a pre-built will get you no where near that performance. I would recommend you build one yourself to be honest, it's worth it. A £500-£600 pre-built will not play BF3 well at all...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

There isn't gonna be a pre-built that can run BF3 smoothly for about 10 years, lol.

prebuilts suck, especially from currys/pc world etc.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke
For the love of god, do not buy a PC from anywhere like currys/pc world!!
Have a look at places like overclockers.co.uk or somewhere like that if you want a prebuilt.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

there is a shop in here that builds custom pc's for 50€ extra price, which is not a bad deal at all considering they provide full warranty for the build, you should look around if any shops around there provide a service like that if you aren't confident with building yourself.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
i got a pre built from overclockers, i imagine it'll run bf3 fine.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4969|Dundee, Scotland.

jord wrote:

specs?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
ghostinvisiblex7
Mr Southbeach.
+9|4747|USA.. duhhh

jord wrote:

overclocking is good unless you know what the hell your doing... shit like that voids your warranty, especially for the cpu
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

£600 would get you:

XFX HD6870
ASUS P8P67-LE
i5 2500k CPU
Corsair TX-650
Samsung F3 1TB HDD
Antec 300

That would be a pretty damn nice gaming build. However, buying a pre-built will get you no where near that performance. I would recommend you build one yourself to be honest, it's worth it. A £500-£600 pre-built will not play BF3 well at all...
Is that brand new or second hand parts?

Are computers easy to build? What happens if something fucks up (warranty) AND does any of that include a screen?
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

Camm wrote:

jord wrote:

specs?
AMD athlon 6800 series
4gb ram
i3 3.20ghz
windows 7

I think it was the "titan pterosaur"on overclockers, can't remember
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
you*re
Tu Stultus Es
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

£600 would get you:

XFX HD6870
ASUS P8P67-LE
i5 2500k CPU
Corsair TX-650
Samsung F3 1TB HDD
Antec 300

Are computers easy to build? What happens if something fucks up (warranty) AND does any of that include a screen?
They're not all that hard to build but if you haven't done it before, get someone who has done it a few times.

Really basic version:

Fit the mobo into the case which includes attaching the port thingy to the rear. Attach all necessary connectors for power switch, restart switch, power LED, restart LED, etc.
Put the RAM, PSU and CPU in.
Put the HDD in.
Put the vid card in.
Attach anything else like sound card, DVD r/w+ etc.
Connect all relevant power and SATA cables.
Connect keyboard, mouse and monitor and power
Turn on, put in Windows boot DVD, install Windows.

I'm probably missing something... but really, once you've done it a couple times it's not hard at all. But I wouldn't really recommend trying it by yourself if you aren't sure what to do.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-06-22 14:21:25)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Are computers easy to build?
Yes, as long as you don't put the thermal grease on the wrong side of the CPU.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=90209

On a serious note, all of the motherboards that I had came with a very elaborate handbook that explained with detailed images how to install all the components and connectors.
All the hardware parts themselves come at least with a quick install guide and mostly with a manual on CD.

The only problem I faced so far, was that my Arctic Cooling CPU fan didn't have the usual arrow to indicate in which direction in turns and the airflow goes. Had to plug it in and check the flow with a small thread.

Last edited by globefish23 (2011-06-22 15:05:21)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

£600 would get you:

XFX HD6870
ASUS P8P67-LE
i5 2500k CPU
Corsair TX-650
Samsung F3 1TB HDD
Antec 300

That's new, relatively easy to build but it would definately help if you could have someone with you who had done it before, warranty will be for faulty parts only, if you fuck something up building it you wont be covered (if they can tell that you fucked it up that is), and no screen for that price.
Take a look at some of these:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli … y=priceAsc

For the money they are massively better than anything you get from Currys etc.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954
Yeah I had a look on that site after you mentioned it. The big problem I have is that i'm going on 'quality' based on the price. I haven't used computers for gaming for around 3 years now, so i'm completely out of sync with what makes a good system.

Looking at the link you gave me i'd say the Titan Spinosaur is just over my price range, but looks like it could be good (again based on the price - which is a completely terrible way to judge it).

Something like that Titan Krypt, is that any good? Could it run BF3?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke
The thing is with both of those you have mentioned is the GFX card the Krypt appears to have nothing at the base cost, and Spinosaur have shitty one unless you pick the upgrade. In all fairness we don't know what is gonna be needed to run BF3 yet, and by the time we do there's gonna be new hardware out and current stuff is gonna be a lot cheaper, so best thing you can do is wait for as long as you can before you buy. The main reason I linked you there is to dissuade you away from buying from Currys as you originally said their prices are massively inflated, compare the specs from some of their systems to similarly priced ones from places like overclockers and you'll see the difference.

Last edited by coke (2011-06-22 15:38:25)

Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954
Yeah, I won't be buying a new one until November/December time anyway - which is ideal. I picked up a PC from Curry's about 6 years ago and it's been close to useless at times. Playing BF2 for more than 3 hours at a time would cause the graphics card to overheat, which then eventually melted. The only plus side to buying from there is that you get a good 5 year guarantee!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Yeah, I won't be buying a new one until November/December time anyway - which is ideal. I picked up a PC from Curry's about 6 years ago and it's been close to useless at times. Playing BF2 for more than 3 hours at a time would cause the graphics card to overheat, which then eventually melted. The only plus side to buying from there is that you get a good 5 year guarantee!
Well Overclockers have a 1 year warranty on their systems, but what you have to remember is that nowadays virtually all the components will have individual warranties on them that will often be longer than their useful life, so if a component such as your ram fails the manufacturer warranty will cover it, and most ram has a lifetime warranty.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard