Commie Killer
+192|6382
Ok, I was installing my CPU into my mobo, and it said put heat sink paste on it. I fucked up, i put it on the side with the pointy things. What do I do. Did I just fuck my Q6600?
aLeX
.?
+160|6327|:D

Oh my god..

Um.. how did you manage to get that wrong?

Edit: First post in best tech thread evar!!1eleventytwo

Last edited by aLeX (2008-01-26 17:54:40)

GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6410|Finland

LOL

I'm rolling on my floor so I can't answer your question, yet...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Commie Killer
+192|6382
Yeah thanks. I just fucked the CPU? And the mobo? Ive never used heatsink paste before. Ive taken this computer apart a bunch, but dont remember any heatsink paste. Is there anyway to fix this?

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-01-15 13:41:59)

GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6410|Finland

Commie Killer wrote:

Yeah thanks. I just fucked the CPU? And the mobo?
did you install the cpu into the socket with the paste on the pins?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Commie Killer
+192|6382

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Yeah, and locked it down, then I thought, shit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6627|949

Clean it as best you can and rma it.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6410|Finland

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Yeah, and locked it down, then I thought, shit.
what paste did you use?
Brasso
+1,549|6626

I hit Prt Scrn and saved this post. 
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Commie Killer
+192|6382

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

RMA? How do I clean it?
Dragonclaw
+186|6301|Florida
Oh my fucking god. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is fucking ridiculous.
Commie Killer
+192|6382
Thanks for all the help, think I dont feel stupid enough ass wipes?
DanishHonor
+8|5994|Denmark
Aww that sucks mate...   

Sorry I don't know how I can help with this...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6627|949

Return Merchandise Authorization.  Get a piece of paper or a credit card and run it through the space between the pins.  Call or take it to whoever you got it from and tell them you got a bunk processor.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon

Commie Killer wrote:

have some karma!  lolololololololol
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Brasso
+1,549|6626

Commie Killer wrote:

sry man, it's just really funny.  i honestly can't think of a way to clean it off that side, as i've never put it there before.

wash it in water?  just kidding.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6410|Finland

Commie Killer wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

RMA? How do I clean it?
don't even think you can RMA it. if they see even one drop of the paste on the socket, you'll end up getting the same mobo back and they charge you the shipping costs. you can at least save the cpu but I need to know what kind of paste you used.

so I know a way to clean the under side of the CPU. you are a lucky bastard that I know how...
Commie Killer
+192|6382
Im using a que tip on it now. So mobo is totally fucked? Trying to clean out between.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-01-15 13:48:47)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6193|Winland

Epic fail is epic.

I mean... Just... There are no words.

If you don't know what you're doing with expensive stuff, pay someone 20€ to do it for you.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Commie Killer
+192|6382

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Epic fail is epic.

If you don't know what you're doing with expensive stuff, pay someone 20€ to do it for you.
I fucking I can put everything in including this, I just have never used paste before.
Brasso
+1,549|6626

then again, idk the consequences of having thermal paste between the cpu and mobo.  maybe it'll run just fine...
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6485|Gogledd Cymru

Too funny.

BTW, use methanol to clean it.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6563|NYC / Hamburg

if you clean everything off properly, you should be all right. As long as the pins are straight and no power has flown though it ...
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6410|Finland

Commie Killer wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Epic fail is epic.

I fucking I can put everything in including this, I just have never used paste before.
WHAT PASTE DID YOU USE? IF YOU WANT ME TO HELP, I NEED TO KNOW THAT!
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon
put it in the dishwasher with no detergent, and run the full cycle.  let it dry, then RMA that bitch before the transistors start to rust.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard