SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

You heard right, a new update is on the way for TF2.

Welcome to Day One of the Über Update--the biggest, most ambitious update in the history of Team Fortress 2.
We've got a lot to announce as we get closer to the update's release this Thursday, June 23rd. We've been holding one of the surprises pretty close to the vest for months now. We don't want to ruin it, but we'll give you four clues to get you guessing: 
  1.) It IS a "Meet the" short.
    2.) It involves ONE of the two remaining classes.
    3.) It's NOT the Pyro.
    4.) It's the MEDIC.
Mobster Monday includes the Tomislav, The Family Business, and The Eviction Notice all for the Heavy. The Spy receives The Enforcer, The Big Earner, and The Made Man. It also includes a new payload map, Barnblitz. These items along with Meet the Medic will actually be released this Thursday.

Well, fuck me. Day 2 is out, and while the Sniper one doesnt seem so bad, the demo(knight) just got broke son.

Timbuk Tuesday brings you:
Lawrence of Australia!

Sniper Rifle - The Bazaar Bargain
Each consective headshot gives you +10 recharge
A bodyshot reduces the bonus
A missed shot will erase the bonus

Kukri - The Sahanshah
+25% damage when hp is below 50%
-25% damage when hp is above 50%

One Thousand and One Demoknights

Shield - The Splendid Screen
+25% fire resistance on wearer
+20% explosive resistance on wearer
Can deal charge impact damage at any range
+70% increase in charge impact damage

Sword - The Persian Persuader
+100% in charge recharge rate
All ammo collected becomes health

Shoes - Ali Baba's Wee Booties
+25 max health on wearer
+100% increase in turning control while charging

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2011-06-21 19:39:09)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Mobster Monday includes the Tomislav, The Family Business, and The Eviction Notice all for the Heavy. The Spy receives The Enforcer, The Big Earner, and The Made Man. It also includes a new payload map, Barnblitz. These items along with Meet the Medic will actually be released this Thursday*.
NB: These items will not be released to you directly unless you buy them from The Mann Co. Store. Items may or may not be found in game no matter how long you play. Item availability is not guaranteed and Valve is under no legal obligation to release any of the aforementioned items for your use in game.

© 2010 Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. Valve, the Valve logo, Half-Life, the Half-Life logo, the Lambda logo, Steam, the Steam logo, Team Fortress, the Team Fortress logo, Opposing Force, Day of Defeat, the Day of Defeat logo, Counter-Strike, the Counter-Strike logo, Source, the Source logo, and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
They just had a double drop rate week so I have several pages of spare items I can use to craft the new ones straight away, as does everyone else who has been waiting for this update since it was first leaked a few months ago. Assuming of course there are specific crafting recipies for them and not just the useless random craft ones.

I hope MTM is good.

The new minigun sounds ridiculously overpowered, as does the new Spy knife when used with the Dead Ringer.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-06-21 03:42:12)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

AussieReaper wrote:

Mobster Monday includes the Tomislav, The Family Business, and The Eviction Notice all for the Heavy. The Spy receives The Enforcer, The Big Earner, and The Made Man. It also includes a new payload map, Barnblitz. These items along with Meet the Medic will actually be released this Thursday*.
NB: These items will not be released to you directly unless you buy them from The Mann Co. Store. Items may or may not be found in game no matter how long you play. Item availability is not guaranteed and Valve is under no legal obligation to release any of the aforementioned items for your use in game.

© 2010 Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. Valve, the Valve logo, Half-Life, the Half-Life logo, the Lambda logo, Steam, the Steam logo, Team Fortress, the Team Fortress logo, Opposing Force, Day of Defeat, the Day of Defeat logo, Counter-Strike, the Counter-Strike logo, Source, the Source logo, and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Oh yeah, because that's totally happened before!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
oh, goodie! i was just wondering when we were going to get more weapons and stuff because the ones we have now are sooo boring zzzzzzzz
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
I thought had totally given up on TF2
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I'm just happy we'll be getting another Meet the Team video.
Trotskygrad
бля

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm just happy we'll be getting another Meet the Team video.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
TF2 died to me when the store came out. I've probably played about 2 rounds since.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

They just had a double drop rate week so I have several pages of spare items I can use to craft the new ones straight away, as does everyone else who has been waiting for this update since it was first leaked a few months ago. Assuming of course there are specific crafting recipies for them and not just the useless random craft ones.
Shit sounds like Runescape.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Finray wrote:

TF2 died to me when the store came out. I've probably played about 2 rounds since.
TF2 became a way of making money to me when the store came out
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Trotskygrad
бля

DUnlimited wrote:

Finray wrote:

some person I know item whores in TF2, then trades his items to people to get people to gift him games on steam... lol

he hasn't bought a single game on steam except one.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Jenspm wrote:

Shit sounds like Runescape.
It's no hassle really, it builds up on it's own.

It is of course all really unnecessary and I wish they'd go back to the achievement system. It was always fun unlocking weapons that way.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Trotskygrad wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Finray wrote:

some person I know item whores in TF2, then trades his items to people to get people to gift him games on steam... lol

welcome to 5 months ago. except that i trade for money, not games.
Trotskygrad
бля

DUnlimited wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

nice nice...

how much less than the TF2 store are you charging for items?
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Trotskygrad wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

nice nice...

highly dependent on the absurd market values, but keys are ~$2 and refined metals $0.90 at the moment. everything else is pretty much adjusted according to those values.
Trotskygrad
бля

DUnlimited wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

nice nice...

highly dependent on the absurd market values, but keys are ~$2 and refined metals $0.90 at the moment. everything else is pretty much adjusted according to those values.
keys cost like $2.50 in store IIRC... nice 80% discount you got going there.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I hope MTM is good.

The new minigun sounds ridiculously overpowered, as does the new Spy knife when used with the Dead Ringer.
I'm happy we're finally getting it, and I do hope its good as well, at least Meet the Spy quality.

Concerning the weapons, I'll agree the new minigun sounds OP, spool up would be about as fast as switching weapons if I'm calculating correctly?

As for the knife, using that in combination with L'etranger and Dead Ringer gets you an instant winning combo right there
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

the sniper vs spy update was fucking horrible and essentially killed tf2.
Trotskygrad
бля

DUnlimited wrote:

and the horribly OP backburner didn't (the old one)?

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-06-21 11:25:57)

DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Trotskygrad wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

pyros have never been even remotely as annoying as post meet the spy spies / snipers still are.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Trotskygrad wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

The 225Hp, no damage fall-of, ultra-crit Backburner only laster a few days. The Huntsman and Dead Ringer are permanently annoying.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
I fucking loved that backburner, was so epic.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
for about 2 weeks, yeah
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

Agree, spy/sniper update was fucking horrendous. Nowadays I just play heavy/medic with a friend on 2fort for relaxation purposes, really easy if you have any fucking clue how to play.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard