pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario
Thurs. July 15/10                                Pace51

COD5 Multiplayer Weapon tips

The following is a brief overview of the cod5 weaponry and some tips on how the best ways to get kills with each.

Sub-Machine Guns

Thompson M1A1: This SMG is mid-ranged, has moderate accuracy and recoil, and low-medium damage. It is not good for long distance combat, but the weapon experiences low kick when the iron sight is on. It is a generic SMG, and good for short ranges. Its flash hider hurts the range of this weapon, but since it has a low range anyways, that doesn’t do much harm. The ammo drum attachment should be equipped when attained, because the weapons regular clip only holds thirty shots which are quickly depleted by the weapons high rate of fire. When you have the round drum, equipping the bandolier perk gives you the perfect spraying weapon.

MP40: Has a slow rate of fire, moderate clip size, a good range, heavy damage, and a quick reload time. It is very good for long range usage. Equipping stopping power with a gun this powerful isn’t necessary, and double tap will give this weapon the one thing it doesn’t have, a high rate of fire. It can be used in any situation. Its aperture sight attachment gives it great accuracy, making it very effective at long ranges. Its double clip perk isn’t very necessary, as the weapon does enough damage per shot that you won’t use bullets very quickly.

Type 100: This is a very unique weapon. It offers a rate of fire just below that of the Thompson, and damage just below that of the mp-40, plus good accuracy. The iron sight is a little tricky to use, so upon unlocking the aperture sight, this should be equipped. It is a good room clearer, but without the aperture sight, it is only really useful at short ranges. Its reload is quite quick.

PPSH-41: This weapon has very low damage, very high recoil, very low range, and the fastest rate of fire of any weapon in the game. Using the overkill perk, quip this with a sniper rifle and you will be able to snipe without having to worry about close-range combat. Never equip double tap with this, as it will both waste your ammunition and is unnecessary because of the weapons already high rate of fire.

Pistols (All the pistols are very similar except the .357)

Walther P38/Colt .45/Tokarev TT-33/Nambu: These pistols have the same stats, except the nambu, which penetrates better than the others. They are automatic, and can be fired quite quickly. They have a low damage, but stopping power greatly overcomes this problem. They can be used to finish off an enemy whose health you wore down with your main weapon.

.357 magnum: Has a pretty high rate of fire, and does immense damage. It is used most effectively when your primary weapon is a sniper.

Rifles

M1 Garand: This weapon has a high damage, a medium rate of fire, is pretty accurate, and comes with a variety of helpful attachments. It has a low clip size, and the clip is quickly expended. When you fire all the bullets in a clip, the clip flies out and is reloaded quite quickly. Reloading the rifle when bullets are still left in the clip takes about twice as long. The silencer attachment takes away from the rifles accuracy at range, and somewhat impedes its performance. The rifle scope turns the Garand into a very powerful semi-automatic sniper. The rifle grenades make the Garand perfect for flushing enemies out of dangerous areas, and the bayonet is excellent for giving the rifle a melee boost. It kills instantly without stopping power in hardcore, and with stopping power, it kills instantly in regular or even in hardcore mode when players are using juggernaut.

Tokarev SVT-40

This rifle has a decent rate of fire, quick reload time, high accuracy, moderate damage, and low recoil. Aperture sight makes this weapon very useful as a tactical sniper, and the flash hider makes it easier to camouflage yourself.

STG-44: The rifle scope is useful, but impededs your close range combat efficiency. This assault rifle has a moderate rate of fire, medium-high damage, little recoil, a very good range, operates like an SMG and a rifle. The aperture sight offers greater accuracy than the iron sight, and allows you to look at your surroundings.

Gewehre 43: The gewehre has less damage than the svt-40, but a higher rate of fire. Its other stats are similar to those of the SVT-40, and its attachements offer the same benefits as the Garands do. However, this rifle does the least damage of all the rifles.

M1A1 Carbine: It does barely more damage than the Gewehre, but has a much higher clip and a higher rate of fire, with moderate accuracy and reload times. It is a very deadly weapon at close-medium ranges, and its perks offer the same advantages that the svt-40’s do.

Bolt-Action rifles All sway with the scope, reload slower with the scope, and have greater accuracy at range with the scope. Aall have deadly rifle grenades.

Mosin-Nagent: Does massive damage, has moderate-good accuracy, and it has little sway with the iron sights.

Springfield: Does moderate-good damage, has great accuracy and range, and is the only bolt action rifle that comes with a scope. Its iron sights are tricky to use, and it cannot finish off enemies in one shot without stopping power, unless in hardcore mode.

Kar98K: This rifle does slightly more damage than the Springfield, has a better range and rate of fire, and is slightly less accurate.

Arisaka: Does good damage, has a great range, moderate accuracy, a different but not hard to utilize scope, and reloads fast when not with a scope.

PTRS-41: Reloads all its bullets at once, and is a good tank killer. Also, has an amazing pierce. Does enormous damage.

Shotguns

M1897 Trench Gun: Pump action, great damage, though needs to be very close to an enemy to instantly kill. Bayonet helps when enemies are close and you are pumping the mechanism, and the grip makes accuracy great.

Double Barrel: When not sawed off, it has a great range, good rate of fire, and decent spread. When sawed off, damage is increased and there is more of a spread.

Machine Guns

MG42: German machine gun, with a large clip size, long reload time, fast rate of fire with moderate recoil, and moderate damage. Bipod perk takes off all accuracy and recoil penalties, but denies mobility, and weapon must still be unmounted to reload.

FG42: German assault rifle, very fast rate of fire, moderate-good damage, great accuracy especially with the scope, and a fast reload time. Clip size is very low though. Bipod isn’t very helpful because the low clip size cannot be used as suppressing fire to keep enemies at bay. Stopping power increases kill speeds.

Type 99: Has a pretty high rate of fire, moderate damage, pretty good accuracy and a moderate reload time. The bipod greatly aids this weapon, as does stopping power. The bayonet is great for taking out enemies who try to take advantage of your long reload time and knife you.

DP-28: A Russian LMG with a high rate of fire, more damage than the type 99 and a handy bipod. Also has a nice clip size.

BAR: Has a very slow rate of fire but very high damage, is good for long range only.

Browning M1919: Kills in two hits, has a slow reload time, huge cliph

Explosive and Incendiary weapons
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

www.callofduty.wikia.com is a great website that I'm sure would appreciate your contributions and love to have them.

www.forums.bf2s.com is not.

And I'm being serious with this post. It's not sarcasm, or flaming. It's just a friendly tip. Pace, you're better suited for wikia sites that have demand for these kinds of articles. We here are just a homely forum trying to keep it laidback and relaxed with old friends.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-07-15 15:01:36)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

I'll give you guys 5 minutes to clean up your posts and respect the rules of this site.   Stay on topic.

This is a gaming site, and info about games has always been a part of this site.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
what is the best kit set up for black ops?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

uninstalling
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

1) Aim down the sights.
2) Fire weapon.
3) Reload or repeat until dead.
4) 1)
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
you dont need to aim
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1) Aim down the sights.
2) Fire weapon.
3) Reload or repeat until dead.
4) 1)
good job
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Yeah, I thought I pretty much nailed it there. Sticky?
11 Bravo
Banned

DUnlimited wrote:

uninstalling
dont need to uninstall on ps3.  but, i want to play it again so......thanks i guess
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

oh tips about fps gaming on consoles? best solution is to get a pc
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
11 Bravo
Banned

DUnlimited wrote:

oh tips about fps gaming on consoles? best solution is to get a pc
get fucked
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359

11 Bravo wrote:

Reg or hardcore?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned

west-phoenix-az wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Reg or hardcore?
hardcore
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Been my experience in newer CoD games that any kit that involves semi-auto, at least a medium effective range, a silencer and anything that blocks things like "UAV's" and leaf crunching is a safe bet.

Camp moar, hardcoar.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA

11 Bravo wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Reg or hardcore?
hardcore
Commando Silenced
CZ-75 Extended Mag
Semtex
2x Stun
Claymore
Ghost Pro
Sleight of Hand Pro
Ninja Pro

Napalm, Blackbird, and either chopper gunner or dogs

Place your claymore at a door and camp.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
deagle.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6481|Gold Coast

The A W S M F O X wrote:

deagle.
with extra clips
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

*mags
11 Bravo
Banned
i actuall;y like the galil or whatever it is called
ghostinvisiblex7
Mr Southbeach.
+9|4716|USA.. duhhh

11 Bravo wrote:

i actuall;y like the galil or whatever it is called
the galil is a beast.
11 Bravo
Banned
and so am i
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma
i like the mak1647
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard