bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6466

Back to Karkand will be a paid-for expansion/DLC
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6821

Limited Edition Bonus Offer
Pre-Order Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition and get the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
thepilot91
+64|6390|Åland!
Okay call me stupid , or whatever , But I don't like buying games on via the net ( steam/Ea-downloader/ other "DL-managers") , I dunno why , but I just like the fact that you know you have the game in it's box and you don't need internet/download-time to play it.

However here's my question : do you think I'm able to pre-order the expansion pack but buy the actual game from the store and the two of them will be compatible with each other ?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6303|'straya

thepilot91 wrote:

Okay call me stupid , or whatever , But I don't like buying games on via the net ( steam/Ea-downloader/ other "DL-managers") , I dunno why , but I just like the fact that you know you have the game in it's box and you don't need internet/download-time to play it.

However here's my question : do you think I'm able to pre-order the expansion pack but buy the actual game from the store and the two of them will be compatible with each other ?
I pre-ordered the limited edition through a games store, so I get the expansion pack and a physical copy on release day.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6963|Marathon, Florida Keys
i like the feeling the map has, like a cold dark island of no return where you go to get raped by air vehicles instead of the classic "nice and sunny place where you get buttfucked by everything that flies and is no fun unless your doing the buttfucking"
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6622

thepilot91 wrote:

But it's a multiplayer game, so you need the internet to play it anyway. Also all the aforementioned services have "play-offline" options, so you don't need the internet. They also work well as you don't need to keep track of the disc and cd key in order to reinstall it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6926|PNW

I like games that you can buy in the box and download online with the code. Particularly LE's and CE's with a bunch of extra stuff. The best of both worlds, there. I wish it was more consistent though, at least as far as Steam was concerned. That's the one area GFWL does better in.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5332|Sydney

eusgen wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I wasn't aware of this.
I CBA to find the source, but I believe the deal was/is that pre-ordered purchases will allow the user to access these re-hashed maps immediately, whereas everyone else will get access - in the form of DLC - about a month after release.
I read it this way as well. And I think you are correct.
He is correct. That's the incentive for the pre-order. The DLC released a month later needs to be paid for, like any expansion.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

thepilot91 wrote:

AFAIK you can't pre-order the expansion alone. It comes bundled with the pre-order of the full game, or alternatively you could wait till release, by a physical copy and wait a month to get the expansion separately.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6821

I think you just need to get the Limited Edition.  Which is just the first edition that they release to everyone.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|6107

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

i like the feeling the map has, like a cold dark island of no return where you go to get raped by air vehicles instead of the classic "nice and sunny place where you get buttfucked by everything that flies and is no fun unless your doing the buttfucking"
It does look pretty damn good. I'm a bit disappointed that they are making it DLC though, It was the one map that everyone loved - therefore everyone will buy.
thepilot91
+64|6390|Åland!

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

But it's a multiplayer game, so you need the internet to play it anyway. Also all the aforementioned services have "play-offline" options, so you don't need the internet. They also work well as you don't need to keep track of the disc and cd key in order to reinstall it.
Yes ofc I will need an internet connection to play online ... but 1: I don't like sit and wait for paint to dry (download time) and If I have a CD/DVD I can install it on as many "offline" computers I want ... but nvm, if I can preorder from the local record store the problem is solved
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6478|Graz, Austria

thepilot91 wrote:

I don't like sit and wait for paint to dry (download time)
Well, I have a 100Mbit download connection and there's a Steam server here in Austria, so this is no problem for me at all.

What really makes me angry, and what has happened several times in the past, is when Steam fucks up the pre-load.
You think you can speed up the process by downloading everything a few days earlier, only to get forced to re-download everything again because something has been updated/changed.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5907|Roma

Wake and Karkand were the two shittiest maps that everyone played just because it was easy to get points on them.
i played wake because of nostalgia, bf1942
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6829|Canberra, AUS
I'm not gonna lie, if the final version of Wake looks like that then that will be several different flavours of awesome.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6622

aerodynamic wrote:

Wake and Karkand were the two shittiest maps that everyone played just because it was easy to get points on them.
i played wake because of nostalgia, bf1942
Fuck nostalgia.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6807
karkand was a good map
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6617|cuntshitlake

Lucien wrote:

karkand was a good map
almost all maps were good 16 size and karkand is not amongst the best.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6654|so randum

DUnlimited wrote:

Lucien wrote:

karkand was a good map
almost all maps were good 16 size and karkand is not amongst the best.
c
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5904|شمال

Lucien wrote:

karkand was a good great map
....there!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6478|Graz, Austria

DUnlimited wrote:

almost all maps were good
...when they had vehicles and played on the full scale with 64 players.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6622
Karkand was a cramped mess.
Commie Killer
+192|6541
Gotta say, there's no way to fit a carrier into that shallow water inside the atoll.... which kinda made it look gay and CoD-esque.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
32 size Karkand was the best size IMO.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard