TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6432|Brisbane, Australia

https://i.imgur.com/Yp4cA.jpg

I searched for a Brink thread and was surprised to not find one.

Basically, persistant characters with deep visual and gameplay customization coupled with team based FPS with objectives that involves Mirror's Edge inspired movement.

Longwinded Description wrote:

Brinkis an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Splash Damage and inspired by the Seasteading movement, scheduled for release during Q1 2011. It offers team-based multiplayer missions with authored narratives, persistent player characters and an approachable nature. It is also developer Splash Damage's first original title, as past titles were part of franchises.

In Brink, two sides, "Resistance" and "Security", fight in the previously utopian city known as The Ark, a floating city surrounded by the waters of a flooded Earth. The Ark was designed as a prototype of a perfect city, with renewable resources and no pollution, large enough to support 5,000 residents. However, due to many refugees entering the city from other parts of the world, its population has grown to 50,000, meaning there are not enough resources to go around - resulting in the city being on the brink (hence the name of the game) of a civil war.

Brink will feature Steamworks integration, including Valve Anti-Cheat. Its technology is id Tech 4 with a new rendering framework and improved support for multiple CPU cores.
(I didnt write all that and have no idea where it originated)

Screenshots

Release Date

North America on May 10th and in Europe on May 13th.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6734

looks shit
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336
I´m actually excited about this.  Been waiting for a while and I bet they gonna move the release date again.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

It looks a bit like Timesplitters. I'm in.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
I believe this is the game that will supposedly let you play single-player/co-op campaign missions in the middle of other players deathmatch games, in order to make things more chaotic.
Edit: Not sure if this still exists or how it will be done. I can't find anything describing it like I originally read it would be.

As long as it's not a console port, i'm interested. I don't have any patience or tolerance for that shit anymore.

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2011-05-03 05:16:51)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

As long as it's not a console port, i'm interested. I don't have any patience or tolerance for that shit anymore.
Brink is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Splash Damage and inspired by the Seasteading movement, scheduled for release during Q1 2011. It offers team-based multiplayer missions with authored narratives, persistent player characters and an approachable nature
approachable nature
yeah it's going to be a console port

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-05-03 05:42:01)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6624|New Hampshire, USA
I remember hearing about this a looooong time ago.  Damn near forgot about it.

Looks ok, id hafta play it to formulate a decent opinion
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
TimmmmaaaaH

DUnlimited wrote:

yeah it's going to be a console port
Yes it is, like most games these days, a multiplatform game. I hate console ports as much as anyone (possible more). It has been developed as a PC game as well as a console game, it has dedicated servers blah blah. There is no way to know if it is a bad port but at the moment at least it looks like it isnt.

@iNeedUrFace4Soup You are right about the singplayer/coop/multiplayer. All three modes use the same maps and gamemodes, with supposedly seamless drop in drop out bot/human support.

@Sisco They moved it forward a week a few weeks back, pretty confident the release date isnt going to slip.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6635|can
Go watch any videos of this game. It's got some serious consolitis all over it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I'm not in love with the super-wide hit boxes. If you're going to make a spray & pray game, make it like Serious Sam.
MECtallica
+73|6497|jalalabad
Looks fun, until you realize all the guns are the same, and there is 0 recoil, oh and you cant shoot while leaping around.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6646
So this is confirmed to be another no-skill throwaway fps game?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America

Lucien wrote:

Yes, it looks terrible.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6149|Vancouver | Canada

Lucien wrote:

We're all very surprised.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5946
Anyone who has seen the in-game footage should be able to realise that this looks average at best. The only reason people know about it is because of the huge advertising campaign the developers have started. Every day IGN are posting something new about the game, they must be getting paid a lot...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
shit.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
Guessing none of you guys played wolf:et which btw was fucking excellent.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
wolf:et had a recoil system and decent weapon variation. cheers for the condescending tone, though.

we don't need any more games that copy the shooting system from call of duty: modern warfare. it's been overdone. i have a mouse to aim with, not an unwieldy analogue stick. you don't need to give me hitboxes the size of houses and recoil like a spud-gun.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

Uzique wrote:

wolf:et had a recoil system and decent weapon variation. cheers for the condescending tone, though.

we don't need any more games that copy the shooting system from call of duty: modern warfare. it's been overdone. i have a mouse to aim with, not an unwieldy analogue stick. you don't need to give me hitboxes the size of houses and recoil like a spud-gun.
The recoil in Enemy territory was fucking massive, you couldn't hit anything beyond 5 feet after the first shot.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
The time that a game (mainly FPS) would take at least 50 hours of playtime to become decent and 100 to be considered good has been over for a long time.
Gaming has become so huge that if you want your game to sell (which has become the main goal for 99% of the game developers) you need to make it accesible to anyone.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
This game, of course, is no exception
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

Uzique wrote:

Sorry I forgot you have played this as well.
Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4835|Stoke

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Uzique wrote:

The recoil in Enemy territory was fucking massive, you couldn't hit anything beyond 5 feet after the first shot.
YOU couldnt
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

Spamtheban wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Uzique wrote:

YOU couldnt
I'm sorry we all didn't have no-recoil hacks sam.
TimmmmaaaaH

I get all the consoleitis whatever complaints but at least it is trying something new.

The movement system I havent encountered in a multiplayer FPS before, the character customisation is the best I have seen in a multiplayer FPS (the only more in depth one I have seen is in City of Heroes/Champions Online). It has a good online/offline multiplayer/coop/singleplayer system with your character persistent in all these modes with the ability for people to jump in and out of single/coop games whenever. Yes that has been done before but it is still less common than not having it.

I could still be crap, but at least it isnt Homefront or Medal of Honor. I prefer to be cautiously optimistic than just outright negative. Even if it has the worst shooting mechanics ever put in a game I will still enjoy creating characters and playing through the storyline once. If it doesnt, I get to play a new team objective based FPS that isnt set in a goddamn desert.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard