ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
It's called " profiteering. "

the guys in charge make as much money off whatever is the hay of the day as they can.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Guardian were one of the papers to analyse some of it. It's not anything particularly surprising really.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/series/ … e-war-logs

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-07-26 10:07:44)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
Or here's the real thing without any slant:

http://wardiary.wikileaks.org/
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
what is the point of this?  how about they do this about BP and other punk ass companies also?
Mekstizzle
WALKER

11 Bravo wrote:

what is the point of this?
They got access (and keep getting access) to loads of documents, wikileaks likes leaking shit especially government/war stuff, that's about it really

That's the whole point of the website
11 Bravo
Banned

Mekstizzle wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

what is the point of this?
They got access (and keep getting access) to loads of documents, wikileaks likes leaking shit especially government/war stuff, that's about it really

That's the whole point of the website
yes i know, mek.  but, what is the point if that?  you say no slant well them not doing it on companies or religions shows me their slant.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-07-26 10:19:55)

Flaming_Maniac
Wikileaks doesn't dig up the dirt themselves, they rely on whistle-blowers. The point of Wikileaks is to give whistle-blowers a secure outlet.
11 Bravo
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Wikileaks doesn't dig up the dirt themselves, they rely on whistle-blowers. The point of Wikileaks is to give whistle-blowers a secure outlet.
whistle-blowers are sometimes angry employees who suck.  meh
Flaming_Maniac
I'm just saying don't blame wikileaks for the lack of diversity.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I say no slant in terms of the leak itself without any outside media analysing it. Just the documents themselves with no extra input. They probably do have a bias towards leaking things about the government and war. Or it could be that's just their easiest source for leaks.

I don't know the website nor have I ever really visited it, it's just always on the news. I'm sure they have more leaks outside of the US government and the wars

Not that it really matters....they're some underground non-profit website that just likes leaking shit and probably don't give a shit what bias people think they have.
11 Bravo
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I'm just saying don't blame wikileaks for the lack of diversity.
why not?  they can go look into other shit.  except that would be hard and more difficult so no.
Flaming_Maniac
Wow, get some reading comprehension. Wikileaks doesn't look into anything. Wikileaks provides a place where third party whistle-blowers can leak information relatively safely.
11 Bravo
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Wow, get some reading comprehension. Wikileaks doesn't look into anything. Wikileaks provides a place where third party whistle-blowers can leak information relatively safely.
i have reading comprehension you asswipe.  the fact that we cant verify the person giving the info is a joke.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

11 Bravo wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

i have reading comprehension you asswipe.  the fact that we cant verify the person giving the info is a joke.
That's what I would think, until you see the white house getting all angry... clearest tell tale sign yet that this was legit, surely. Unless they're bluffing in order to hide the real secrets, them wiley negroes are known to be of such character

If it helps it's not just taking the piss out of coalition forces, it also talks about Pakistan's ISI helping the Taliban, and some shit about Iran too
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
wiki leaks doesnt seem to check some of the material they are given well..
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
ATG
Banned
demodd FM TBH
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I hope the guy that leaked all the documents gets strung up.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

RTHKI wrote:

wiki leaks doesnt seem to check some of the material they are given well..
they vetted this though with 3 major news outlets
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

This, TBH. Actually, I think that would be too good for the person. Ought to just drop them out in the middle of the afghan desert with a canteen of water and nothing else and leave them there.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Canin wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

This, TBH. Actually, I think that would be too good for the person. Ought to just drop them out in the middle of the afghan desert with a canteen of water and nothing else and leave them there.
Should send him back to his unit. I don't think anything we can think up would compare to the treatment he would receive from them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ATG
Banned
Ya, lets keep pretending with have allies in the Paki government and pissing lives and men away for nothing.
BLdw
+27|5142|M104 "Sombrero"

11 Bravo wrote:

the fact that we cant verify the person giving the info is a joke.
Watergate scandal was backed up with (basically) only anonymous sources and it still seemed to turn 'alright'.

ATG wrote:

Ya, lets keep pretending with have allies in the Paki government and pissing lives and men away for nothing.
It's just business. As long as US keeps paying Pakistan, Pakistan will do everything they can to keep that money pouring in. And for some reason I don't quite believe US is going to stop paying Pakistan any time soon. There are people profiting of this situation on both sides. Only people suffering from this situation are US soldiers, US civilians, Afghani civilians and Pakistani civilians.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Who do we beleive here? Remember it's not Wikileaks, rather people that actually made the documents which was leaked by Wikileaks. For example.

According to an incident report filed by the U.S. military unit, 205TH RCAG (Regional Corps Advisory Group), four Canadian soldiers were killed and seven others and an interpreter were wounded on Sept. 3, 2006, when a jet dropped a bomb on a building they occupied during the second day of Operation MEDUSA.

The Canadian military reported at the time that the four soldiers died in battles with Taliban forces.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/07/ … z0usSOgDu2
Oh shit that website is awesome, I just copy/pasted one paragraph and they automatically put that link in.

Anyone with the know-how to say how reliable these US military reports are anyway? I've read that there can be alot of bullshit in them, these are mainly lower level documents and stuff, but they wouldn't write something like that for no reason. Seems more like a cover up
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

ATG wrote:

demodd FM TBH
We don't have to do that, we achieved perfect balance in the universe when you got kicked out
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard