+287|6737|Scotland
don't smoke da seed
Benzin
+576|6016
Deadmau5's "Animal Rights" is so much better now
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

People growing marijuana indoors use 1 percent of the U.S. electricity supply, and they create 17 million metric tons of carbon dioxide every year (not counting the smoke exhaled), according to a report by Evan Mills, an energy analyst at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California.

In order to produce some 17,000 metric tons of marijuana this year, Mills estimates authorized growers will use $5 billion worth of energy. That works out to the output of seven big electric power plants.
Mills said that in Humboldt County, Calif., a center of marijuana production, per-person residential electricity use jumped 50 percent compared to other parts of the state after medical marijuana was legalized there in 1996. In California, some 400,000 authorized growers use about 3 percent of the state’s electricity for their business, he said.
http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/ … lobal.html
Decriminalizing pot and growing it outside could help relieve our reliance on foreign oil and jord may one day get a car.
jsnipy
+3,276|6540|...

Macbeth wrote:

People growing marijuana indoors use 1 percent of the U.S. electricity supply, and they create 17 million metric tons of carbon dioxide every year (not counting the smoke exhaled), according to a report by Evan Mills, an energy analyst at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California.

In order to produce some 17,000 metric tons of marijuana this year, Mills estimates authorized growers will use $5 billion worth of energy. That works out to the output of seven big electric power plants.
Mills said that in Humboldt County, Calif., a center of marijuana production, per-person residential electricity use jumped 50 percent compared to other parts of the state after medical marijuana was legalized there in 1996. In California, some 400,000 authorized growers use about 3 percent of the state’s electricity for their business, he said.
Decriminalizing pot and growing it outside could help relieve our reliance on foreign oil and jord may one day get a car.
lez do it
CC-Marley
+407|6846
What about all those cows farting?? Packing up the Skunk 1 right now.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710

CC-Marley wrote:

What about all those cows farting?? Packing up the Skunk 1 right now.
When I think about it, the fact that we domesticated cattle is crazy. They're fucking huge, dangerous beasts. And what about elephants? Horses? Who was the first crazy motherfucker to decide to get on the back of a horse?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida
reading some stuff on wikipedia, although I'm preaching  to the choir here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled … scheduling

Part F of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 established the National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse—known as the Shafer Commission after its chairman, Raymond P. Shafer—to study marijuana abuse in the United States.[4] During his presentation of the commission's First Report to Congress, Shafer recommended the decriminalization of marijuana in small amounts, saying, "[T]he criminal law is too harsh a tool to apply to personal possession even in the effort to discourage use. It implies an overwhelming indictment of the behavior which we believe is not appropriate. The actual and potential harm of use of the drug is not great enough to justify intrusion by the criminal law into private behavior, a step which our society takes only 'with the greatest reluctance.

Schedule 1
(A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
(C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.
A - applies to all drugs, including, maybe especially, tobacco and alcohol, which, conveniently enough, are not listed in any schedule. 

B -
Investigators at Columbia University published clinical trial data in 2007 showing that HIV/AIDS patients who inhaled cannabis four times daily experienced substantial increases in food intake with little evidence of discomfort and no impairment of cognitive performance. They concluded that smoked marijuana has a clear medical benefit in HIV-positive patients.
C - "lack of accepted safety"?  What?

end of rant...
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.

Macbeth wrote:

I've already had a car for a year, but my insurance renewal quote went up to £3500 and petrol went up as well at the same time.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6578|Southampton, UK

no you havent.
Don't lie.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX

Superior Mind wrote:

When I think about it, the fact that we domesticated cattle is crazy. They're fucking huge, dangerous beasts. And what about elephants? Horses? Who was the first crazy motherfucker to decide to get on the back of a horse?
What about keys man? Who came up with that shit?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.

naightknifar wrote:

no you havent.
Don't lie.
Spark u owt.
CC-Marley
+407|6846
hello. packing it up now....
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6649

yeEee 4/20 tMmrwWw finnaa get liFteeddddddddddddd, lehgoOooo!!! SWAGGGGG
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6754|Oxferd Ohire
its already 4/20 gooners
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5053|Massachusetts, USA
Hitlers bday, fuck yeah. Happy bday buddy.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710
Happy Passover everyone.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

UnkleRukus wrote:

Hitlers bday, fuck yeah. Happy bday buddy.
buddy

i geddit
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6810|Jupiter
Happy 4/20 fellow stoners.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5767|شمال
Thai
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Stimey
­
+786|6137|Ontario | Canada
­
­
­
­
­
­
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD
Caved in today, figured I might as well do it this day if any day.

And update on the job thing, Best Buy and BJ's never got back to me on the applications.  I also messed up my car on a curb last week(in case it's not obvious enough that life shits on me a lot) and had to get $2300 of repairs done to it, 200 of that is paid off thanks to a side job I had over the weekend making fries at a festival for some family friends.  So now I really gotta get a job, fortunately the mechanic at the station I got the first parts repaired at said that they were hiring and that the owner pays well because he wants people to stick around for a while, so I will apply there.
Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4859|Stoke
did you do it while trying to parallel park?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard