Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

This looks so tongue in cheek that something might rupture.

To be honest I never quite saw what kept Duke this interesting for so long. Maybe it's the fact that for many gamers he was their first introduction to a game with adult content and as mature as we all were we'd squee with delight every time he made a tasteless one liner or adult reference. Nothing wrong with that of course.

The game looks like a blast and I'll definitely pick it up at some point, if only to take part in the hype surrounding it which I'm sure will be fantastic. I doubt it's 'best game ever' material but I can see it being a solid addition to any game collection.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria
https://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6806/balls3047539.jpg
Are you ready for this? As a member of the First Access Club, you're among the first to learn of the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition that will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC alongside the standard edition of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3 (North America) and May 6 (International). Quantities will be limited, so make sure to pre-order your copy from a participating retailer today!
They should have added some real balls of steel though, i.e. two shiny, stainless steel spheres.
Something like Baoding balls with the logo to play with.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

the original was one of my first PC fps that i could play more than once.

Ty wrote:

Maybe it's the fact that for many gamers he was their first introduction to a game with adult content and as mature as we all were we'd squee with delight every time he made a tasteless one liner or adult reference. Nothing wrong with that of course.
unlike many on the forum, my parents didn't own a PC. i was almost 30 when i bought my first ( a 486) and when Duke came out, there was not a big selection to choose from.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

NooBesT wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Miggle wrote:

starcraft 2 and TF2 have to be pretty close.
Yeah I guess Starcraft 2 is pretty good proof that it can happen, although I only heard about exploits in it mostly, I'm sure there were at least some bugs and glitches.  I don't think TF2 was even a concept until about two years before it was created, like most games, but I don't know for sure.
TF2 was in development for over 9 years.
Originally slated to be a lot like BF2... Except BF2 came out first so they were like fuck.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

Flecco wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Yeah I guess Starcraft 2 is pretty good proof that it can happen, although I only heard about exploits in it mostly, I'm sure there were at least some bugs and glitches.  I don't think TF2 was even a concept until about two years before it was created, like most games, but I don't know for sure.
Originally slated to be a lot like BF2... Except BF2 came out first so they were like fuck.
No, it was originally supposed to just be like it is now but with a commander feature. Valve however found that they could not make the commander be fun, so they cut it out. DICE however decided that even though they couldn't make the commander fun, it would sound really cool on the box blurb so they left it in.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

evil dead knock off?
Blood has more in common with evil dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUdWaXQH … re=related
GUYS. How about some perspective?

(Evil Dead) 1983 - supernatural possession shit, chainsaws and a cowardly antihero
(Duke Nukem) 1991 - alien invasion shit and a self-absorbed hero
(Doom) 1993 - demon invasion sci-fi shit and boring hero whose only relatable personality trait is his love for his pet bunny
(Blood) 1997 - demons, cultists and a sadistic undead ex-cult leader antihero
45 minutes, 50 seconds ago      ------      [Duke Nukem Forever] Back from the dead      Put Hexen and Quake in ffs! > --------
You forgot 'Heretic.'

globefish23 wrote:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6806 … 047539.jpg
Are you ready for this? As a member of the First Access Club, you're among the first to learn of the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition that will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC alongside the standard edition of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3 (North America) and May 6 (International). Quantities will be limited, so make sure to pre-order your copy from a participating retailer today!
They should have added some real balls of steel though, i.e. two shiny, stainless steel spheres.
Something like Baoding balls with the logo to play with.
$90. I'm kind of about the content. Why doesn't include all the classic Duke Nukem games, for that price?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Flecco wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

No, it was originally supposed to just be like it is now but with a commander feature. Valve however found that they could not make the commander be fun, so they cut it out. DICE however decided that even though they couldn't make the commander fun, it would sound really cool on the box blurb so they left it in.
i liked being commander
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
Honestly, if there were ever a collector's edition that was totally worth it, that'd be it.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

fuck I knew they would cancel it!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5028|Massachusetts, USA
Duke never comes early, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. I'm pissed but that was clever.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
Not entirely surprised. I've read some reports out of PAX East saying the gameplay was extremely subpar.

If they need only a month to polish it up, I can wait.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

krazed wrote:

Flecco wrote:

i liked being commander
This. I don't know why people are calling it unfun with the sheer amount of people who spent tons of hours in the slot. Also made Savage fun, as little as that game was known.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

E3 Ends on June 9 so they are probably going to have a showcase there
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

zzzz
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

zzzz
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I can wait as long as I have to for Duke Forever. The hype's been out of my bloodstream for years.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria
I think waiting for Duke Nukem is already something natural like the sunrise in the morning or gravity pulling downwards.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Gravity pulls all matter together, not just downwards.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

True, but it's hardly noticeable outside of some dedicated physical experiments.
On the other hand, Earth's giant mass provides a very noticeable force that everyone universally recognizes. In fact, all life on Earth has evolved with this underlying gravity, defining an "up" and "down".
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336

globefish23 wrote:

True, but it's hardly noticeable outside of some dedicated physical experiments.
On the other hand, Earth's giant mass provides a very noticeable force that everyone universally recognizes. In fact, all life on Earth has evolved with this underlying gravity, defining an "up" and "down".
Actually, I notice gravity pulling my hand towards my dick quite often...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York
Probably a marketing ploy anyways
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6598|Greenwood, IN
New Uncensored trailer.

This is about as extreme as your going to get in a video, in all manners.  The ESRB probably didn't even think twice before slapping the 18+ sticker on it.

Nudity in trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJtjoof1G_0
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

the graphics look like the game was made a decade ago
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6341|Belfast
"Mr Nukem, will you sign this for me?"

"Sure kid, you might grow up to be as awesome as me"

Board footer